Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 12-29-2015, 05:22 PM   #1
Writing_Blood

G'day

Figured I'd give this place a go, chit chat it up with some new people (even better if anyone happens to be from my same area).

Not a whole lot to say about myself. I've recently "gone back to my roots," so to speak, and gothing myself out fashion-wise, going for looks more extreme than what I wore in high school (those were the mall rat/baby bat days, so they were relatively tame). I'd say I have a pretty eclectic taste in music, though I'd like to see if there's anything new in the underground these days.

Ideally, I'd like to be a novelist (working on one right now). Currently I work in a law firm (where the dress code isn't terribly strict), and I'm finishing up grad school (Lord help me).

So anyway... Hi.
Writing_Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 07:43 PM   #2
Stormbringer

Please allow me to be the first to Welcome you WritingBlood. We welcome all people but, speaking for myself, the creative ones are doubly welcome. We have a small site here but full of good, interesting people. Tell us a bit about your novel.
Stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 09:41 PM   #3
Writing_Blood

Thank you.

The basic plot is an alien takeover, but there is also an internal struggle with the protagonist -- he is suicidal, and the only thing keeping him alive is the possibility of being whisked away by these aliens, as well as the only other human who still cares about him (his brother). There are a lot of different concepts I've been writing in (which I did not intend), and I think it's making the story a lot more complex without being too overwhelming.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:12 AM   #4
Acharis

Howdy! It sounds great.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 05:49 PM   #5
Stormbringer

Yeah, interesting idea W_B. Keep it up, every creative endevour is fraught with diofficulty but the rewards are great - particularly when you finish and you're happy with what you've created.
Stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 08:08 PM   #6
Pr1aP1sm

Hello Writing_Blood,

Is That Patricia Morrison I see?
Used to have a big poster of her hanging on the back of my bedroom door.

You novel ideas sound very interesting.
Love Good Sci-Fi.

Good Luck with your writing.
Welcome.
Pr1aP1sm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 09:15 PM   #7
Writing_Blood

Hello, hello. Yes, that is Patricia Morrison in my icon.

The general consensus I've received so far is that the story sounds interesting and unique (for a common trope), and even a little empowering (though I didn't start off with that intention). I'm cheating right now and having a couple people I know read the first few chapters and provide feedback/questions, and I'm probably only about halfway through the first draft. It's taking longer than I want, for a variety of reasons (some of which are out of my control, others of which I have complete control over if only I would take it).
Old 12-31-2015, 04:36 AM   #8
Anise

Welcome My Darling <3

Ah I'm miles away from You; Ireland .. which is a damn shame!
In my minds eye I see us hooking up for adventures, all uber Gothic lol
Still, the opportunity to get to know You better via our sweet forum cheers me.
You are most welcome Writing_Blood (x)
Anise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 07:31 PM   #9
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writing_Blood View Post
Figured I'd give this place a go, chit chat it up with some new people (even better if anyone happens to be from my same area).

Not a whole lot to say about myself. I've recently "gone back to my roots," so to speak, and gothing myself out fashion-wise, going for looks more extreme than what I wore in high school (those were the mall rat/baby bat days, so they were relatively tame). I'd say I have a pretty eclectic taste in music, though I'd like to see if there's anything new in the underground these days.

Ideally, I'd like to be a novelist (working on one right now). Currently I work in a law firm (where the dress code isn't terribly strict), and I'm finishing up grad school (Lord help me).

So anyway... Hi.

Writing, working and grad school?!! Oh my goodness, you must wear a cape and your undies on the outside of your spandex!! That's a huge workload!!

Welcome from Australia *cries I'm not even in the same timezone or day or hemisphere*

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote