Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:23 AM   #126
Mealla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch
Well then, I will make another video soon. There are plenty of style videos on YouTube you should try it. Goth has grown and become different since the 80's.
Please don't make more videos like this. I can sympathize with the desire to help others, but stick with something you're good at. Fashion isn't it. Perhaps you could try a new hobby or try to improve your own style by seeking advice from others, but stubbornly ignoring what everyone is politely or not-so-politely telling you is not helping you. Accept it and leave it be, accept it and try to improve, but don't blatantly ignore the fact that you don't know fashion. Poor fashion sense is excusable, but refusing to believe you have no fashion sense when you don't is laughable.

Additionally, your style doesn't look particularly like something I'd classify as gothic. There are different gothic "looks" and some pull from the original 80s punk roots, others have "evolved", as you say, but your look doesn't resemble any of them.
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:57 AM   #127
Desdemona

Catch.
To put it simply....
You
Look
A
Twat.
Please stop.
Desdemona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:33 PM   #128
Necrophagist

Is it just me, or does Catch look like she has an ulcer in video 2?

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:07 PM   #129
PortraitOfSanity

This thread needs to die.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:30 PM   #130
Necrophagist

You first POS!

I am the Antiproduct!

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:56 PM   #131
honeythorn

Quote:
The New Video is available for Review!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWCQeUczrTY
Catch...This will probably come across as rude even though I really don't intend it that way but....Fucking jesus that was THE most awkward thing I've seen in a long time. Seriously I've nearly had to inhale/exhale into a paperbag to stop myself from pissing my pants laughing.

Again this is probably going to sound awful but, well you aren't small lets put it that way. I wouldn't go so far as to say you're near my size but you are far from slim and black and white horizontal stripes are a REALLY bad idea. The top is much too short as well and the last thing I needed to see was your stomach when you lifted your arms!!!!. That's a classic sign of a badly fitting top if nothing else.

I don't suppose you could also explain why you appear to have made a "belt"/ tit-sling out of what looks like huge paperclips attatched to dog chains ? It is not an ammo belt, you have no rifle, you do not appear to be going to war in Vietnam. WHY are you wearing that thing there???

I'm not being funny chick, but you're making a complete fool of yourself and you really aren't providing good fashion advice. We've all said it, the posters on your video have said it. For the sake of sanity ( ours ) PLEASE stop mking these sorts of videos? If you were deliberately taking the piss then fair enough it's a good laugh but if you really are serious? STOP. PLEASE.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:15 PM   #132
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity
I have a couple serious questions.

What is it about the gothic subculture that,

A. attracts fat, ugly people.
Well for me it was the music
Old 02-03-2009, 06:53 PM   #133
PortraitOfSanity

I've seen your picture honeythorn, you're far from a "fat ugly" person.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
Old 02-04-2009, 12:17 AM   #134
Necrophagist

Exactly, you're not ugly, and you don't look fat anymore.

I am the Antiproduct!

Old 02-04-2009, 10:33 AM   #135
honeythorn

Anymore? What are you on? I've never been slim! ARRGH. But anyway, no kore "fashion" videos! *hides*
Old 02-04-2009, 01:33 PM   #136
Catch

Well I find the thread inventive, because now I can put anything I might want to respond with to all the various threads in one easy to read thread. Of course, the full extent of my knowledge is barely tapped, so far, but it will become more in depth over time.

As for Honeythorn being fat, didn't know. Had no idea. There is a difference from being busty and fat.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:35 PM   #137
Tam Li Hua

I'm sorry, Catch, but neither of your videos expresses any kind of good ideas at all as far as fashion [much less gothic fashion] is concerned.

Why not just admit that your ideas may need some tweaking? There's no shame in admitting it.

Honeythorn: From the pics I've seen of you, you're beautiful, and I have to admit I'm a bit jealous of your make-up skills. ^_^
Old 02-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #138
honeythorn

Quote:
Well I find the thread inventive, because now I can put anything I might want to respond with to all the various threads in one easy to read thread. Of course, the full extent of my knowledge is barely tapped, so far, but it will become more in depth over time.

As for Honeythorn being fat, didn't know. Had no idea. There is a difference from being busty and fat.

Catch...do you actually dress in the way shown in those videos? I mean do you actually go out in public like that? Because if you do... that is not knowledge on display. That is lunacy.

Seriously, the outfits you've shown are badly mismatched and don't even fit you properly, especially that stripey top. You cannot claim any sort of fashion knowledge or expertise, let alone a depth of it, if you don't even recognise when something doesn't fit you.

As for fat? Yes, I am. Basic fact wether I look it in pictures or not. I suspect a lot of large people get drawn to goth fashion under the belief that black is slimming ( it often isn't when you get the rest of the styling and fabric wrong ) .

Whilst you aren't quite as large as me, you aren't small. I'm not talking about your tits, yes they're big, but what I mean is, you appear to be quite wide in the hips, and your waist really doesn't look that small to me.

The clothes you've chosen to display DO NOT flatter you in any way. They're making you look bigger if nothing else. I'm not saying that to be bitchy, I'm saying so because it's the gods honest truth. The clothes are badly styled, badly put together and they don't flatter your figure at all.

If you can't recognise that then you haven't much call to be offering fashion advice to other people.

It's also more than a little presumptious to presume that people want or need fashion advice from you. If someone asked you specifically? Fine ok, but you've given no indication that anyone has. You've just decided that you don't like other people's ( many and varied ) styles and interpretations of goth clothing and are now shoving badly made videos at those who neither want nor need them.

You need to pull your head out of whatever deluded fantasy land you're living in, read what people are telling you and STOP making this shit. If you ever wonder why people here can't take you seriously, now is the time to have a good long re-read of what you write and what people are actually saying to you in reply.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:19 PM   #139
Solumina

Today I saw a woman who looked like Catch, bad fashion included, it was rather terrifying
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:52 PM   #140
freddy666

[quote=Catch] Of course, the full extent of my knowledge is barely tapped, so far, but it will become more in depth over time.

catch i hope for your sake that you are more knowledgable in other subjects than in fashion and that you don't consider fashion your forte
freddy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:54 PM   #141
PortraitOfSanity

[quote=freddy666]
Quote:
catch i hope for your sake that you are more knowledgeable in other subjects than in fashion
Have you seen any of her "writing"?

-Mr. Filth
Old 02-04-2009, 09:03 PM   #142
Solumina

At least her writing is better than her dancing, though not by much
-Carbon Leaf
Old 02-04-2009, 09:56 PM   #143
PortraitOfSanity

That was dancing in her video? I just assumed she was intoxicated and was swaying about drunkenly.

-Mr. Filth
Old 02-04-2009, 10:13 PM   #144
Solumina

You can tell that it is dancing by the strange movement of her arms, drunks tend have more of a flailing motion when moving limbs
-Carbon Leaf
Old 02-05-2009, 08:23 AM   #145
PortraitOfSanity

I suppose you have a point. It still makes me nauseous though...

-Mr. Filth
Old 02-05-2009, 09:14 AM   #146
Necrophagist

I thought Catch was probably a stupid hot chick, but turns out she is stupid, and ugly.

I am the Antiproduct!

Old 02-05-2009, 09:39 AM   #147
Tam Li Hua

I don't think she's ugly, per se, but rather just doesn't know the finer art of how to make herself attractive.

She's got the body, now she just needs the technique.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:01 AM   #148
XXChristabelXX

I think she's actually rather pretty in an off-kilter way. I don't get her, though.
XXChristabelXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:39 PM   #149
PortraitOfSanity

She could be pretty attractive looking if she worked at it, she has a good looking face. She could knock off a few pounds, but she's really not too big as to be unattractive.

And if she didn't wear skirts that match my grandma's sofa....

-Mr. Filth
Old 02-05-2009, 04:26 PM   #150
Catch

Thank you to the people with something nice to say.