Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 03-31-2006, 08:28 AM   #126
chloegoth

Currently I am wearing a pair of those stretchy gaucho pants that *gack* Jessica Simpson made popular (but they're so darn comfortable!) and a red t-shirt with the Virgin records logo on it. That's what I wear when I'm too lazy to come up with something interesting.

Otherwise...

At work, I wear work clothes, but I can't seem to move away from black work clothes (the corporate sort). Black tops, black skirts, and a pair of dark grey dress slacks. I did manage to find a pair of 20s-style heels, though, and I have a pair of interesting fishnets that I wear from time to time.

When I'm at school, I wear mostly tshirts with interesting pictures on them. I have a Cthulhu shirt, a pirate shirt (which I always wear with striped tights), and assorted band and movie tees. I like sparkly things, so lots of my clothing has beads and sequins sewn on it. I generally wear a pair of ballet flats, unless I'm feeling ambitious or the weather is gross, in which case I wear my Demonia platform buckle boots or my 20-eye Docs. In the summer, it's stupidly muggy, so I wear flip-flops a lot.

At the club, it's all about costumes. I have a pirate costume, some fetish outfits (lots of PVC), a Renaissance-type outfit, a military outfit (complete with skinny tie), and assorted other outfits. I think my style tends more toward cyber/fetish, with lots of corsets and Victorian stuff thrown in.

*whew* I think that's it. Oh, and I'm working on a Powerbook, so my keyboard has 77 keys (don't feel bad, Xng!)
chloegoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 08:52 AM   #127
spookypurple

I'd love to see your wardrobe...

I'm sat here drooling...

Hamlet
spookypurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 09:22 AM   #128
Teh_Emi

Mmm, my wardrobe has recently been attacked by my EGL side. Lace, full skirts, more lace...

Yeah, to all of you who like Victorian-esque clothing, Ross is TEH LUVVVV right now. I got 3 blouses and three long skirts for only $65. Including tax. But FL has mean taxes. =/ I've said this in other boards but I think this would be the most effective one...

But Chloe, you have an AWESOME wardrobe. If you ever get tired of something in there, remember me, eh? ;D Not that I think you will ever tire of them, but hey, it's worth a shot!
Teh_Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 09:39 AM   #129
chloegoth

I'll keep you in mind...

Especially if I keep expanding around the middle like i have been (help! I'm growing out of my clothes!).

Last edited by chloegoth; 03-31-2006 at 09:41 AM. Reason: possible misunderstanding and typo
Old 03-31-2006, 10:47 AM   #130
Pathogen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloegoth
Currently I am wearing a pair of those stretchy gaucho pants that *gack* Jessica Simpson made popular (but they're so darn comfortable!) and a red t-shirt with the Virgin records logo on it. That's what I wear when I'm too lazy to come up with something interesting.

Otherwise...

At work, I wear work clothes, but I can't seem to move away from black work clothes (the corporate sort). Black tops, black skirts, and a pair of dark grey dress slacks. I did manage to find a pair of 20s-style heels, though, and I have a pair of interesting fishnets that I wear from time to time.

When I'm at school, I wear mostly tshirts with interesting pictures on them. I have a Cthulhu shirt, a pirate shirt (which I always wear with striped tights), and assorted band and movie tees. I like sparkly things, so lots of my clothing has beads and sequins sewn on it. I generally wear a pair of ballet flats, unless I'm feeling ambitious or the weather is gross, in which case I wear my Demonia platform buckle boots or my 20-eye Docs. In the summer, it's stupidly muggy, so I wear flip-flops a lot.

At the club, it's all about costumes. I have a pirate costume, some fetish outfits (lots of PVC), a Renaissance-type outfit, a military outfit (complete with skinny tie), and assorted other outfits. I think my style tends more toward cyber/fetish, with lots of corsets and Victorian stuff thrown in.

*whew* I think that's it. Oh, and I'm working on a Powerbook, so my keyboard has 77 keys (don't feel bad, Xng!)
CHLOEGOTH: Stick with the costumes [for clubs] & the all-black Corpgoth look [I hate that word!]. But my question for you is: Why in the hell would you want to wear anything like any part of Jessica Simpson's wardsrobe?!!
Pathogen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 12:42 PM   #131
Teh_Emi

I personally don't like gauchos. o-o Too...just...eh. =/
Teh_Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 06:44 PM   #132
bunnicula

What are gauchos?
bunnicula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 06:48 PM   #133
Magpie_Tendencies

Calf-length pants with flared legs. (Answers.com - I had to look it up)
Old 03-31-2006, 07:41 PM   #134
gruel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnicula
What are gauchos?
Sort of like really,really,really,short bellbottoms.
(Bellbottomed capri pants)

-Or pants that Groucho Marx would wear-Ha!
gruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:43 PM   #135
chloegoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathogen.
CHLOEGOTH: Stick with the costumes [for clubs] & the all-black Corpgoth look [I hate that word!]. But my question for you is: Why in the hell would you want to wear anything like any part of Jessica Simpson's wardsrobe?!!
I am still trying to figure out a good answer for that. I'm thinking I'm doing it purely for the sake of irony, and the fact that they're just so damn comfortable. I think of them more as pajama bottoms than real pants, and they stretch to fit me, no matter how much the shape of my hips changes. Generally, I wear them around the house, for lounging about. Definitely not a fashion statement.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:45 PM   #136
chloegoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
No offense, chloe, but I am anti-gaucho. I don't care how freakin' comfortable, I think they're ugly as sin.

You're pretty though, and the outfit above didn't sound TOO heinous... I hate when people wear brown gauchos with brown knee-high boots. I hate when girls make gauchos a "dress-up" item. I guess if you're wearing them casually, they're not that bad...
Oh, no. Gauchos are like pajamas. They're only for wearing when you don't feel like wearing anything else.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:47 PM   #137
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

My wardrobe is rather uninventive. I've got some obligatory band tshirts and some cargo shorts that look like they came of of Anglo-Egypt during the Great War for my summer garb. I also have a few nerd-tastic tees; Eddie Rickenbacker, Frank Luke, and Winston Churchill. Hats off to anyone that can identify those three, especially the first two. To top it off, I have brown leather sandals and those nifty magnetic shades to go on my prescription glasses.

For colder weather I like olive green and dark khaki pants, and a few long sleeve collared shirts that look like they may have belonged to a big game hunter from the 1880's. My favorite articles of clothing, however, are my black square-toe Chippewa boots and my military surplus jackets. I've got a British style (anyone sensing a pattern?) wool greatcoat from the '50s and a grey wool Swiss army jacket. It's got four big pockets on the front, for all the random junk that I tote around, and brass buttons. I love it so. I really like the Victorian look, but my idea of Victorian tends to clash with that of many gothically inclined folks. They think Crowley, while I think Lord Kitchener.
I'm terribly un-goth.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:56 PM   #138
gruel

Eddie Rickenbacker was a famous WWI pilot,holding a record for the most 'kills'.
-Speaking of surplus:if you could get a hold of an early M-43,or an Ike jacket in a size 40 or larger;let me know.
gruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 08:03 PM   #139
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruel
Eddie Rickenbacker was a famous WWI pilot,holding a record for the most 'kills'.
-Speaking of surplus:if you could get a hold of an early M-43,or an Ike jacket in a size 40 or larger;let me know.
You are correct. Eddie Rickenbacker was the top scoring American ace in the war. Frank Luke was another famous WW1 American pilot, and he may have actually outstripped Rickenbacker had he not gone off the deep end and ran off on a suicide run. As for the clothes, you may want to check out www.militarysupplyhouse.com. Sometimes they have nifty surplus gear on there. It's where I got my wool greatcoat.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:38 AM   #140
Sanctus Dei

I have an army surplus store within 20 miles... I've collected quite a few things there. (love my 70's fatigue coat/shirt!!) Plus weapons..*wild grin* found a bamboo japanese practice Boka and a decent machette...

As for daily wear (when I'm not at work) I prefer boots (knee highs) a decent button up shirt (mostly black or white) black pants or a shorter school girl style shirt... I love corsets, hoodies, cuff braclets, finger cuffs, hair falls, fishnet, and l0lita type dresses. BUT due to work I usually only get to wear ratty jeans and an old t-shirt I don't mind getting dirty.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 09:07 AM   #141
maggot

I basically just wear all black. I feel naked without a coat when I'm out of the house, though.

I'm currently looking for a black denim/jean floor-lenghth trench coat. If anyone knows a website where I can get one, can you tell me?
Old 04-01-2006, 10:54 AM   #142
IlGato_DiDiablo

I wear black, reds, and I do have some colors in my wardrobe.

When i'm not doing anything special...I usually wear lace black tops/corsets with black pants or a lace long skirt.

When i'm in need of dressing up...I usually wear boots and some sprakly black shirts or red corsests...really depends on where I am going.

When out clubbing...usually wear anything comfortable to dance the night away..

My style is abit more victorian with a casual/retro twist in it!
IlGato_DiDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 11:49 AM   #143
spookypurple

I tend more towards the cyber/victorian, with a good dose of pinstripe and pvc. Having said that, I'll sometimes go for what I call 'treacle pudding' clothes - something nice and comfy. But I don't think I'd get on well with gauchos. Don't the backs of your calves get very cold? But with boots - I tremble to think of that couple of inches of flesh inbetween and how goose-pimply it would get. :shudder:

I discovered the other day that I have far more boots than shoes..... Running out of cupboard space.

Right now I'm wearing a black cotton & lace victorian blouse, pinstripe bootlegs and what my hubby calls my sh**kicker boots.

Hamlet
spookypurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 05:23 PM   #144
Circle V

Er... I'm wearing my soccer jersey and warmups right now-- uber-gothic for sure.

Now that I think about it, my home uniform and warmups ARE all black...

I need need need a Jolly Roger shirt for summer.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:39 PM   #145
bunnicula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle V
I need need need a Jolly Roger shirt for summer.
This kind of pirate shirt?

or This one?
bunnicula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 09:08 PM   #146
Circle V

Er... the first. No "whimsical feather failles" for me.

Thanks for the links, by the way.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:13 PM   #147
Pathogen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot
I basically just wear all black. I feel naked without a coat when I'm out of the house, though.

I'm currently looking for a black denim/jean floor-lenghth trench coat. If anyone knows a website where I can get one, can you tell me?
MAGGOT: I already have 1 of those type of trenches myself, except it's near-floor length. My black Eastern European naval officer's trench. Warmest, most cutty-looking coat I've ever had. Best of all: I found that trench on the street! Didn't pay 1 goddamn dime for it! And I was a lot like yourself in high school; felt naked leaving the house without any hats or bandanas. Thankfully, I don't have such insecurities anymore.
Pathogen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:22 PM   #148
maggot

I need a teleporter to your closet.
You're so lucky.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:02 AM   #149
DevAdvent

All my Clothes are Black Short Sleeved shirts with no logos, and Red/Black Long Sleeved Shirts for the winter, Black Dickies Pants and Shorts. and some Black Non-Labeled Shoes. Black Socks, and Black Boxers. i wear no logos, infact i cut the little Dickies logo off the pants/shorts.
DevAdvent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 10:31 AM   #150
maggot

...Black boxers. You're so hardcore :P
I like them plaid <__< >__>
Wheres my flame-retardant suit?