Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 03-06-2006, 07:34 PM   #1
Reject_Bunnies

High Heels, Good or not?

I was recently inspired to start a topic about high heels and the people who wear them. Now I do realize that some of you may not wear these...but for the people who do,how do you feel about them,do they make you feel more attractive,or do you wear them because you feel you "should". Does the size of the heel have any bearing on your choice to wear it? Or do you simply avoid this shoe all together? Feel free to answer or not,I'm just making friendly conversation.
Reject_Bunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:58 PM   #2
maggot

Guys, in general, don't like tall women, but that's besides the point.. They make your legs and ass look good.

Or were you talking about blatform bottomed shoes, not high heels like stilletto(SP) heels??
Old 03-06-2006, 08:32 PM   #3
maggot

Ah, but what is the start of most real life friendships, but mutual attraction?

It's just human. Why would someone want to constantly be looking at somebody they're repulsed by?

But yeah, I know what you mean.
People like that are getting rarer and rare it seems.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:53 PM   #4
DrenchedInGin

Heels are Good Things. And like most Good Things, they should never be abused.

I wear heels with most of my vintage outfits because they don't look quite right without them; with any outfit that includes a nipped-in waist and a knee-length skirt because they make my legs look nice; with formal clothes because I feel I'm expected to; and with my black velvet bootleg pants because they look 'rrrraow!' with them.

The rest of the time I try and take into account the amount of time I'm likely to be on my feet. These days they tend to make my back ache if I wear them for a long time (bring me my zimmerframe...)

If I know I'll be walking on grass or standing for more than two hours at a time I aim for flats - or at the very least wedges - to prevent the Ministry Of Silly Walks Syndrome.

For work and for shopping, ballet flats and pretty thongs (no, I mean flip-flops) are Godssends.
DrenchedInGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:15 PM   #5
DrenchedInGin

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesofatragedy
I love heels. I'm a big fan of platform MaryJanes.
Oh yes! I have a pair as well, they are fabulous with striped stockings.
DrenchedInGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:30 PM   #6
cyberJade

I'm a fan of high heels. But damn they hurt my feet after 20 minutes. I remember seeing
an erotic dancer on tv, she had 9 inch heels on! I could never wear such shoe. I love the way super models look on heels, they look very curvy and long...
cyberJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:47 PM   #7
Cicero

Any outfits I wear that don't go with my boots will usually go with heels. I like them, but if I'm going to be walking for any amount of time over difficult terrain the heels will have to go. The pain sometimes just isn't worth it.

I might start taking pole dancing lessons (purely for comedic value/my own private pleasure) in the near future, and for that the dance teacher won't allow anyone to take lessons without at least 3 inch heels on.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 12:42 AM   #8
DarkIce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
I like being tall. I like really really high heels. I like to be able to look tall men full-on in the eyes.
Being a "6 ft 4 in" guy I tend to prefer taler women. Do I like my girlfriend to wear high heels - you bet! Do I like to watch other women wear them - you bet!
Also I admit that from a "healthy" point of view those (really) high heels should be banned. So my girl doesn´t have to wear them all the time - just occasionally in bed is fine *wuhahaa*
Old 03-07-2006, 12:43 AM   #9
Lackluster_Heavens

Well, I like tall women, but I am a bit...submissive. Anyways, I personally think that there not many thinks sexier than a attractive woman in a sexy pair of heels or stillettos. Even if they are a bit over the top with straps and such it is still quite sexy, in this man's humble opinion.
Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.
Lackluster_Heavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 01:07 AM   #10
Blushing Heliophobe

For a 5'3 woman, there is something intoxicatingly wonderfull about strapping on some heels and towering over the men-folk. I love it.

And Xng's got something there - if a guy can't handle a woman in heels, then he can't handle her. Not the other way around =^^=
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:07 AM   #11
Iriacynthe

I tend to fall in love with guys that are already shorter than I am (I'm 1 meter 78, which is supermodel-tall), so I don't like wearing high heels, I don't want to look like a giant next to my boyfriend.

Besides, I have really huge feet, so it's almost impossible to find elegant and feminine shoes in the regular shoe stores. I usually stick to comfortable flat boots and ballet shoes.

I've never even worn really high heels (which is anything more than 3 cm for me), and I don't think I'm able to walk on them anyway.
Iriacynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:18 AM   #12
Wise Child

Love them. Love, love, love, love love LOVE them. I'm a shoe whore.

I do wear flats though, especially during the day if I've got walking to do, like for shopping etc. I like cute little ballet pumps and mary janes. But I'm a high-heeled girl at heart.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:25 AM   #13
Wise Child

I... it... *falls into blissful stupor, complete with glazed expression*

Old 03-07-2006, 11:26 AM   #14
Queenofdarkness57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iriacynthe
I tend to fall in love with guys that are already shorter than I am (I'm 1 meter 78, which is supermodel-tall), so I don't like wearing high heels, I don't want to look like a giant next to my boyfriend.

Besides, I have really huge feet, so it's almost impossible to find elegant and feminine shoes in the regular shoe stores. I usually stick to comfortable flat boots and ballet shoes.

I've never even worn really high heels (which is anything more than 3 cm for me), and I don't think I'm able to walk on them anyway.
I'm 1.78m, too. I can't stand high heels. Feet shouldn't be tortured! I guess flats are my thing!
Old 03-07-2006, 11:27 AM   #15
Wise Child

I love the clicking sound they make when you walk.

Old 03-07-2006, 11:30 AM   #16
Wise Child

Yep. And sek-seh!

Old 03-07-2006, 11:51 AM   #17
pheramoans

Well, i'm only a very short 5'0..
So I enjoy the extra height occasionally, of course. That is, unless I have to walk a considerable distance - then I would obviously avoid them.

The heel doesn't really have any effect on my choice to wear them, however i do prefer boots with a large heel rather than high heels most of the time. They're alot more comfortable and easier to walk in.
pheramoans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 12:06 PM   #18
Tall One In Black

I don't wear high heels. The closest I come are 2" block heels on boots.

Two reasons:
1. I won't wear uncomfortable shoes.
2. I make no attempt to look sexy. In fact, given the choice, I'd prefer not to look sexy.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:03 PM   #19
spookypurple

I never learned to walk in heels. About 1 1/2 inch is my maximum. I worry I'll put my foot on the ground and miss...

I'm not very tall - 5'6" (but the tallest in my family) and have dinky (hobbit) feet so finding a pair that's comfortable where the remainder of my foot can actually touch the ground is tricky.

But comfort is everything for me, I'm afraid, coz I'm an old thing now. My rule of thumb is simple - if I can't run for a bus in them, I won't wear them.

I was once given an interesting piece of advice - the two items you should be pickiest about are shoes and bed, because you spend most of your life either in one of the other....

But the right ones, on the right person.... Yum.

Hamlet
spookypurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:24 PM   #20
Persephone Hazard

I *live* in stilettoes. I'm short and fat and they fix all of that (or make it look a little better at least!)
Persephone Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:22 AM   #21
spookypurple

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
http://www.forplaycatalog.com/store/...s=&sblid=Shoes

Here are some sexy stripper shoes for all my girls!

Drool... So pretty. Thanks!

Hamlet
Old 03-09-2006, 08:49 AM   #22
WolfMoon

Yeah, I love the Super Fly heels with the fake fish!

And if I was ever a stripper, I'd buy a pair of these

and dance to 'Fire Woman' by The Cult.

WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 08:54 AM   #23
spookypurple

Ohhhh yeahhhhhh!

Hamlet
Old 03-09-2006, 10:38 AM   #24
Lady Ravenna

I dont think that I could live without heels. I mean, being barely five feet tall, I need the height. Right now I am wearing 5 inch platforms...sexy shit.
Lady Ravenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:46 PM   #25
pheramoans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ravenna
I dont think that I could live without heels. I mean, being barely five feet tall, I need the height. Right now I am wearing 5 inch platforms...sexy shit.
Heh, we have the same reason for wearing them then.
pheramoans is offline   Reply With Quote