Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

View Poll Results: Skinny, Average, or Fat?
Skinny girls that have no fat 11 9.82%
Average girls with curves and just a touch of fat 95 84.82%
Down right fat chicks 6 5.36%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-27-2006, 09:24 PM   #1
psychopenguin

Skinny or Average?

I'm just curious what guys are more attracted to. Looking around I notice a pretty even ammount of both skinny and average size girls be they goth or what-have-you. A lot of the average girls view themselves as fat or ugly because they aren't a size 1 (guys this would be around a size 20 in your pants us females have an odd number scheme for our clothing but that's another topic all together). So guys what is it? Skinny or the average not quite skinny but not really fat?
psychopenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:26 PM   #2
tenet_2012

What are you?

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:27 PM   #3
psychopenguin

I'm average.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:30 PM   #4
tenet_2012

Average it is then, hun.

Looks don't matter to me, really (other than hygeine, that is... must be clean and take care of yourself). I look more for personality.

Then again, I'm gay. So, opinion doesn't really matter here.

--Geisha
Old 03-27-2006, 09:32 PM   #5
psychopenguin

Sure it does. Just replace the "girl" with "guy" and it's all covered. And hygiene is a good thing to look for. Smelly people just.... just smell. *couldn't think of a better word*
Old 03-27-2006, 10:10 PM   #6
Mood

I think it's unfair to catagorise women into three like that, not to mention that everyone is so vastly different in both appearance and tastes that you can't generalise on something like that.

There will always be boob men, men who prefer stick-thin models-types, and men who simply don't care that much.
Mood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:02 PM   #7
winged_dreams

Sure appearances may attract someone to a person but if that person is truly interested then appearances are soon tossed out the window. I'm skinny and have a fiance. My friend's girlfriend could be considered overweight. Frankly, it just doesn't matter.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:06 PM   #8
psychopenguin

Perhaps it doesn't matter. Yes, it is a generalization. I'm merely curious to know what is more "attractive" to the opposite sex and in being so I generalized it down to the three simplest categories. I apologize if it offends you in some way, that isn't at all what it was meant for... just something to satisfy my curiosity. Yes, there will always be "boob men" but they also look at the body type I'm certain. If not, then an honest mistake on my part.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:13 PM   #9
winged_dreams

This doesn't offend me at all. I can understand being curious. I am very curious too. ^^

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 07:35 AM   #10
leticia

the problem lies with the way the mainstream media portrays women. you HAVE to be skinny and you HAVE to have big boobs (bioloigically this rarely happens). women who have nothint wrong with them think that they are fat and go on damaging diets or go in for dangerous surgery. why? because some fool of a modelling company told them they weren't perfect. it genuinely sickens me how distorted the mainstream's view of beauty is. one of the thigns that attracted me to the goth scene was the bigger women who coudl accept that they were beautiful and jsut decided 'fuck everyone else.'

when i was younger i was really concerned about my size. i'm a size sixteen (38 european, not sure what it is in america, but it's above average). i used to get really depressed because i thought i was hideous but now i'm over all that.

fuck the mainstream!

ok, rant over. sorry about that, got a bit carried away..............
leticia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 07:46 AM   #11
Oubliette

Fat chicks need love too.

"Can't we all just get a bong?"-Wolfie-
Oubliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 07:46 PM   #12
NyQuil of Doom

I voted for the skinny one because while I'm not quite a size 1 (I'm usually a 3 or 5 depending on brand) I don't have curves unless I wear a corset and I've got no ass and smaller-than-average boobs, and I wanted to have some kind of love for the ruler-shapes of the world.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:13 PM   #13
Cicero

As long as your weight isn't interfering with your health, people should just be happy with the size they are. All sizes can be beautiful, but usually only if they're natural.

I voted skinny, since I myself am rather thin and that's normally what I'm most attracted to in men. Though honestly, weight matters extremely little to me.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:01 PM   #14
Sobeh

I don't really care as long as the potential for athletic sex exists. Then it's time to uncover a personality...
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:32 PM   #15
psychopenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobeh
I don't really care as long as the potential for athletic sex exists. Then it's time to uncover a personality...
HaHa. That's rather true for me too. >.< Potential for good sex and then the personality.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:10 AM   #16
DarkIce

My vote would be somewhat between "Average girls with curves and just a touch of fat" and "Skinny girls that have no fat". But clicked the "Average girls".
That`s for the f**king statistics :-) Love to fake them *haha*

Now gettin´ serious. I got the impression that on the west coast you need to have big boobs and a blond wig so you can be a movie, ehh, p0rn star. So maybe in some parts of the US a woman simply has to fit into a certain category to make money (and meet men). I dunno.

Here in Europe this is not a big issue. Of course advertisement shows us 18 to 22 year old women who seem not able to afford enough cloth. I even know women who look hawt like hell, but every one of them has some minor flaws. You have to look what´s behind that beauty - and often you are surprised what you´ll find: unstableness, narrow minds, psychopathy, morbidity .........

Therefore I prefer meeting women who maybe don´t look like your favorite playmate (yeah, the one in that magazine under your pillow), but have something special that attracts your attention and stirs up your hunt instincts. And you girls on Gnet all know, how you can make us drooling in anticipation (just post another pic ;-)
Old 03-29-2006, 04:18 AM   #17
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by winged_dreams
Sure appearances may attract someone to a person but if that person is truly interested then appearances are soon tossed out the window. I'm skinny and have a fiance. My friend's girlfriend could be considered overweight. Frankly, it just doesn't matter.
Appearances are important in attraction. That's just psychological fact. They don't remain important in serious relationships... but they still have a very prominant initial factor of importance.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 05:51 AM   #18
tenet_2012

My dream woman...

--Geisha
Old 03-29-2006, 10:15 AM   #19
WolfMoon

I voted average, cuz that's what I am.

I don't think I'd compare to Angelina Jolie, but I look damn good for having two kids. I don't work out religiously(been slackin' lately) but I watch what I eat and don't over do it.

I'm not attracted to either extreme, I like a girl that has nice curves. And boobies of any size are always welcome!

P.S. Tenet, if you come down to Texas, I'm going to give you a sound spanking!

:x
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:20 AM   #20
tenet_2012

I'll be there in May, Wolfie. And I'm going to hold you to that.

--Geisha
Old 03-29-2006, 10:34 AM   #21
tenet_2012

What I like bigger women...

If I liked women, that is.

--Geisha
Old 03-29-2006, 09:28 PM   #22
psychopenguin

Tenet... you can like bigger women all you want (that is if you even liked women) I still don't want to see them doing the chicken dance on some guy that practically dissappears underneath her. >.< *is now scarred for life*
Old 03-29-2006, 09:55 PM   #23
Godslayer Jillian

The love of my life is considerably heavier than me, but then again, who isn't?
She's also stronger than I. She reminds me of a Greek goddess. And I find that extremely attractive.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:00 PM   #24
bunnicula

I voted for average, which I guess I am. I am a size 4, but I'm only 5'1 so I guess I am average. I used to be really skinny (size 1) but was pretty unhealthy, so I think healthy is better than skinny.

I do think skinny girls are pretty,though. But you can be TOO skinny.
bunnicula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:05 PM   #25
Icarian Decoding

You know what's annoying?
The skinny little girls who say, "Oh my God! I am so pretty". Why? Because, they don't fsckin' shut up! It's hilarious to watch this little twig continually talk about how pretty she is, yet if I hose her off, she'll pollute a small pond with all that makeup.

I like women who don't give a fsck about how they look. I'm not talking neglection, but someone who says, "Hey, It's me, I'm good". You'd probably call it average, but if she's fun to be around with, and she's nice to me, then I'm good.

My only requirement is that she can actually put up a decent fight. I mean seriously. How hard is it to throw a punch?
Icarian Decoding is offline   Reply With Quote