Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

View Poll Results: Skinny, Average, or Fat?
Skinny girls that have no fat 11 9.82%
Average girls with curves and just a touch of fat 95 84.82%
Down right fat chicks 6 5.36%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2006, 10:11 PM   #26
Icarian Decoding

I have. If I could find a useable camera I would try and take a picture.
Unfortunately, I am just going to have to paint a mental one.
Take the face of an average female teenager, mostly associated the "Prep" cliche.
Throw on Celopatra style eyeliner.
Throw on enough blush that she looks redder then a clown. Add in some much of that eyelash crap that it looks like two giant globs.
Stick in enough perfume to make a man wearing a gasmask choke.
And finally, throw in uber-red lipstick.
And you'll have a close idea.
Icarian Decoding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 01:01 AM   #27
Avarice

Average.

Twigs... no..
Avarice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:15 AM   #28
Kali Maxwell

I enjoy women who range from slender to average. The little anorexic twigs I went to school with didn't interest me at all; they were disturbing. I weigh in at about 112 lbs, and I wear a size 3. And these girls were complaining about having to wear size 1... Size 3 = 112, size 1 = ... *shudders* Forgive me if I find it natural to eat something now and then.

WolfMoon: "I'm not attracted to either extreme, I like a girl that has nice curves. And boobies of any size are always welcome!"

Hooray for boobies! ^_^
Kali Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 01:45 PM   #29
Apocalypse

This kid has it right, slender ladies but not starvation skinny, thats just sick. Plus I'm a skinny lad, so I like the skinny girls. makes sense, doesn't it? When it comes to the other lovely attributes of ladies, I think it should be proportionate, too small, no, too big it gets out of hand.

hygiene is definitely important, keep it clean kids!
Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 02:10 AM   #30
dbloke

Talking Bonny Lasses

Oh I like my lasses to have abit of flesh on them opposed to skinny ones. I have never really found skinny poster/model lasses that you see in magazines and on tv. Give me a Dawn French (British Comedian/Actress) anyday over the Naomi Campbell/Katie Moss type models.

Though, when I was younger, I used to desire a tall girl who'd be over 6 foot tall as I am 6ft 7 (approx 2 metres) and I ended up with the love of my life who is considerably smaller than me at 5ft 1. I am considerably heavier (at least 18stones which is about 252 lb) than she is - at least twice her weight.

So I suppose, how big a girl is doesnt matter cos if it did, then her height should matter too

I'm of a medium build - chunkier than I was 6 years ago when I was at least 7 stones lighter
dbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 02:59 AM   #31
DarkIce

Right said dbloke.

Thereīs this local saying "Wennīs passt, dann passtīs" - which translates into something like "If it fits, it fits" :-)

*weekend is ahead*
Old 03-31-2006, 05:20 AM   #32
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
I've never met anyone that goes around saying "I'm so pretty" while hiding behind layers of makeup.
subject A: Ugh! My eyelashes are just SO long! They keep hitting the back of my glasses!

subject B(my best buddy): You... don't wear glasses.

Subject A: *Sunglasses*, duh!

subject B: You're wearing sunglasses inside... wile it's raining?

Subject A: You know what, Subject B? Just SHUT UP!

sorry... it just reminded me of that ^^;
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 11:02 AM   #33
IlGato_DiDiablo

I'm pretty average, size 5 specifically. I find all sizes of girls attractive, it doesn't matter the size or looks, but what matters is what's inside.

At least that's my theory..
IlGato_DiDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 07:46 PM   #34
MissJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarian Decoding
You know what's annoying?
The skinny little girls who say, "Oh my God! I am so pretty".
no, they starve themselves and then walk around saying omg, im soo fat (ugly, etc), don't you think I'm fat(ugly, etc)? so that everyone will assure her that she is indeed skinny, hot, and whatever else she needs to manipulate people into complimenting her on.

personally, I have no time for 1)people who obsess about their weight. I'm glad that you have nothing better to do than get skinny. 2)people who judge people for what they weigh.

my ex-boy used to obsess over his weight all the time - he was never skinny enough. "well dear, maybe you should stop buying your dinner at the snack aisle in the dollar store." seriously, who eats a box of little debbies oatmeal pies, a bag of Andy Capp hot fries, and a 20 circus peanuts for dinner!!!

and by the way, is the point of this poll to find out what type of girls guys prefer so you can get that way to attract them? cause that's lame. if they dont prefer you no matter your size), then they're not even worth bothering with.

I know guys who work out a lot and are looking for girls that do too, but I think that's more about being able to share something that you love doing and can do together. I probably wouldn't date a guy who works out all the time. or one who is a fanatic about sports or obsessed with their cars or anything else I'm really not interested in. but I have dated guys of all shapes and sizes. I don't have a 'type' that I must find to the exclusion of all others. I just need someone I really like.

myself? I've been a size 8 up to a size 20 and I'm 5'5". my meds make my weight fluctuate and my appetite go up and down, but guess what, I had a bangin' body the whole time. and I never had a problem, you know, bringing the boys (or girls) to the yard or whatever the kids say nowadays. this sounds totally self-help and feel-goody, but if you are confident, know how to work what you've got, and have a decent personality or quirks, people will be attracted to you. and that's a fact. and complaining about your weight to people (especially if they are thinner than you!!!) is just obnoxious. I have told friends to shut up and leave me alone until they have something interesting to say.
MissJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 07:56 PM   #35
gruel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJames
no, they starve themselves and then walk around saying omg, im soo fat (ugly, etc), don't you think I'm fat(ugly, etc)? so that everyone will assure her that she is indeed skinny, hot, and whatever else she needs to manipulate people into complimenting her on.
I read everything,and then see:"Satan loves cupcakes" at the bottom....that's funny in a good way. How about a few lines of:Baby got back
gruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 07:57 PM   #36
Velvet Rain Drops

I have been short all my life. and being short im not that thin. all my friends are tall and pretty. so i know where a lot of girls that are short and not that thin are comeing from. I'm not one to obsess over my it.
Velvet Rain Drops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 01:04 AM   #37
DevAdvent

I like average girls, but any work. Your as beautiful as you want to be.
DevAdvent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:18 AM   #38
WolfMoon

Plenty of love, babe, plenty of love!

*assgrab*
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 04:08 PM   #39
MissJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santarea
Size wise, I am average-ish, but athletic. 5' 7" and 180lbs... but only a size 10. Arr. Where's the love for the Amazons and Valkyries, eh?
oh yeah, there is one other thing I like! really tall, curvy girls! not as a type to date forsaking all others, but just to ogle and think naughty things about...
MissJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 10:29 PM   #40
psychopenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJames

and by the way, is the point of this poll to find out what type of girls guys prefer so you can get that way to attract them? cause that's lame. if they dont prefer you no matter your size), then they're not even worth bothering with.

No, the point is not so I can get that way to attract them. >.< I may have low self esteem... but not that low. I've already made the decision not to change for anyone except myself. That includes weight loss/gain. ^_^ I think I look good just the way I am (unconvincing tone; still trying to make meself believe it).
psychopenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 10:50 AM   #41
Pathogen.

I've been slender my whole life. I've never felt insecure about my body weight. And I'm not about to start now.
Pathogen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:36 PM   #42
Sanctus Dei

Hmm, honestly... I love my size. Roughly 5'7 round 135/140... I'm just big enough to take on the naughty boys but small enough to still be cute. I'm in-between a size 7 and a size 9, and so far I have no complaints... call it average if you will, but the labeling thing is a little sad.
Preference : Average to big girls, stick thins make me want to provide them nourishment.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 07:15 PM   #43
darkangel81

to be really honest, i have a thing for girls with some extra fat. I had two girlfriends who i considered fairly "skinny" and they both became anoraxic (not sure i spelled that right, i'm from holland) but that did not improve the relationships. right now i am single and after dating a few girls who had some extra fat, i can say they are a lot more fun, because they don't worry about there weight so much.
darkangel81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 01:36 PM   #44
Niels

Quote:
I agree, women who are comfortable with their bodies (whatever the size) are the most attractive.
Very true, however, I haven't met many women who are actually genuinly (sp?) comfortable with their body...

And for me, if I would have to choose, I'd go for the average women. I love having something to hold when cuddling. Not to mention not having to be afraid of ripping the girl apart after one wild night...
Old 04-13-2006, 01:59 PM   #45
Isibell

How on earth can any woman be comfortable with her body when she's trying to live up to a standard that is, for the most part, physically impossible.

*taps her fingers on the table as she tries to formulate some form of reasonable, nonbitchie, coherent response.*

*Fails*

Look, it all comes down to this. It shouldn't be an issue. If you are with a guy that wants you to be skinnier, ditch the guy not the weight. Guys like that, they start with your weight, and the next thing you know they are rearranging your whole personality.

*reads that again; realizes it came out way bitchie...decides it's just better to leave*
Isibell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 03:33 PM   #46
Empty_Purple_Stars

My great-grandfather also appreciated a woman with curves.

He was fond of saying " Women with bodies like that, give you warmth in the Winter and Shade in the Summer!! "

Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 08:16 PM   #47
Cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isibell
How on earth can any woman be comfortable with her body when she's trying to live up to a standard that is, for the most part, physically impossible.
For me putting on an ounce of fat is physically impossible. As is growing boobs.

And I'm not going to lie and say I'm comfortable with being flat-chested and skinny, because it annoys the hell out of me.

People try to argue that it's the thin physique that "society" wants, but aside from serious fashion models, no one wants to look like a stick, and no one looks kindly upon those who do. "She must be anorexic," they say. Well I'm afraid three large meals a day and very little exercise will prove them wrong.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 09:24 PM   #48
lena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
For me putting on an ounce of fat is physically impossible. As is growing boobs.

And I'm not going to lie and say I'm comfortable with being flat-chested and skinny, because it annoys the hell out of me.
Im feeling you on the boobs thing. I have 2 kids, and still stuck in an A cup. It annoys the crap out of me. But atleast Fredricks of Hollywood has some pretty good "cures" for that.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:18 PM   #49
DarkIce

Quote:
Honestly, if you're in shape you shouldn't worry about your body. If you're healthy, you shouldn't worry about your body.
Couldnīt agree more. Humans are so blissfully ignorant until they injure a part of the body. Just then, eventually, perhaps, maybe - they recognize how important health is over beauty! So sad, thereīs no logic to human behaviour.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:34 AM   #50
Morrigan_Dubh

And the fact that we are not from the planet Vulcan... there's a lot of "should"s when it comes to people and their bodies, but when instant gratification beckons, and vanity and ego are shouting for attention, you have to be a very strong person not to cave.