Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

View Poll Results: Skinny, Average, or Fat?
Skinny girls that have no fat 11 9.82%
Average girls with curves and just a touch of fat 95 84.82%
Down right fat chicks 6 5.36%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2006, 03:54 AM   #76
Virulent Dryad

I don't see guys sporting breasts, curves hips etc and being called beautiful so as long as those things are considered beautiful then girls will always have the monopoly. Unless of course evolution takes an extreme turn for the strange.

Of course beauty is more than physical appearance.
Virulent Dryad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 03:55 AM   #77
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelTheLiar
I usually prefer skinny Japanese girls though.
Is that the cartoon type or the real type? From your avatar I would've guessed you prefer not-so-skinny Japanese girls...
Old 04-25-2006, 03:59 AM   #78
AbelTheLiar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan_Dubh
Is that the cartoon type or the real type? From your avatar I would've guessed you prefer not-so-skinny Japanese girls...
Hell I take any as long they are Japanese, and moderately attractive.

And I thought the avatar was funny.
AbelTheLiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 04:04 AM   #79
Morrigan_Dubh

What is it about Japanese you like? Would you go for Chinese or Korean too? Or do they have to be Japanese?

Your avatar is unoriginal. I don't know if it's a coincidence but another user has the same one. Although I am a fan of hentai, it gets less funny every time I see it.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:14 AM   #80
AbelTheLiar

What can I say, I like Japanese things. If that makes me big, evil bastard, I don't care. Get off my ass. I don't have to expain every detail of my personality to you.

As for the avatar, sorry I didn't consulte the originality police first. If memory serves I never signed anything that told me I had to bow before you before I could post.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:22 AM   #81
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelTheLiar
What can I say, I like Japanese things.
I like Japanese things too. Maybe we can be friends? What other Japanese things do you like other than skinny girls?
Old 04-25-2006, 04:25 AM   #82
AbelTheLiar

Hehe... Guess I got a tad carried away... ^_^;

I also practice Japanese martial arts, and generally think the best ps2 software comes form Japan.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:23 PM   #83
Nocturne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iriacynthe
Women who wear size 34 or whatever are 1: rare and 2: probably underweight.
Not necessarily underweight - but rare, probably. Finding clothes that fit can be a real pain. Corsets are a boon - they help me keep my skirt up And I have learned to enjoy the envious looks I sometimes get from other women and girls.

Whether or not I find someone attractive depends on their overall impression - either they have that special something, or they don't.
Nocturne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 05:46 PM   #84
Solumina

I don't think most 34s are underweight, I'm a 32 and I'm somewhere between 125 and 130lbs which is a healthyweight for my height. Although I can tell you that it is rare to find a 32 that is above an A and I'm a C (natually incase you were wondering) so finding a bra is a bitch
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:02 PM   #85
Solumina

wow and I thought my size was hard to find, I'm sorry about the mean lady, I'm sure plenty of place have 32DDs but you would have to get them to shipped to the store near you, I have a friend who is a 34F and I think that is what she said she does.

If it makes you feel any better I bet there are tons of strippers that would kill to have your body
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 02:13 AM   #86
Nocturne

I feel with you, Xnguela - I wonder what goes on in some people's heads? I once had a lady in a shop tell me, "You're unnatural!". For some reasons, business clothes do not come in sizes under 40 in this country. *sulks*
Nocturne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:28 AM   #87
deathbycandlelight

I dont know what to ptu for this one actually.. I mean i hate those 'real women' adverts with a pasion because thast like saying that skinny women are less womanly than curvy ones and i think that is just as bad as iscolating larger women.
I'm natrually very skinny so i get offended if people say "omg youre anorexic aren't you" or "youre eating chocolate i bet youre going ot go and throw up later" that i find is ignorant and childish.
However the unhealthy celebs do nothing for womens self esteem. So I wouldn't say that there is a certain type to go for, provided youre happy well pretyy happy with yourself i don't think i could give one answer.
Ha how bloody pointless is that little rant.
deathbycandlelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:58 PM   #88
bleedingheart344

I'm skinny myself. My gf is average, which no matter what weight she was, I'd still love her just the same, so I have no preference, I'm not superficial. Me, I am skinny, about 107 pounds.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:59 PM   #89
Neurosis

I am naturally average weight. I have a small waist (and upper body), but because of my Hispanic decendency, I have (what I call enourmously) wide hips and a butt that lots of men lustfully stare at. My shirt sizes are mostly small, but my pant sizes are from 9-10.

In New York, everyone is beautiful. Yes, there is a lot of fashion, but here, no one is over concerned about a person's body/facial apperance. What does matter is how your wear your clothes, but that is another story.

--Neurosis
Neurosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 02:22 PM   #90
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I don't really care. If I had a girlfriend, as long as she was happy, I'd be happy. I mean it's not size of the body that matters, it's the size of the heart.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 02:52 PM   #91
She_Is_My_Sin

As for my body shape, I personally find it hideous. I don't have a waist, decent bra size & my legs are stumpy & flabby. But that's my problem.

But if you're happy with your body shape & feel healthy, you'll always be lovely
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 07:06 PM   #92
Alaizabel Cray

I consider myself to be average, but a lot of people tell me I'm more on the small side. I'm 5'8" and 130 lbs, which admittedly is less than my doctor would like (I weighed more when I was 11 than I do now, haha), but I'm not underweight. I'm naturally a bit on the slim side, and I do exercise alot for cross-country which probably is helping a lot to keep me in shape, but still I wouldn't consider myself to be a "twig". When I see girls who look like that, I can't figure out how they get their jeans so tight (they can't honestly make clothes that small, can they??) and it makes me want to run to KFC or some place similar, get a bucket of fried chicken and force-feed it to them until I'm satisfied that they're able to eat. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike ultra-skinny girls in any way (at least, if I do happen to, it's not because they're ultra-skinny), but I can't help but wonder how much they eat sometimes. Personally, I don't think weight should matter, but the fact is that it does, at least as far as first impressions go. There's always a chance that I might judge a skinny person to be weight-obsessed at first, it's pretty typical for people to do that, but I never let prejudices stop me from getting to know someone. I know that most prejudices are far from reality, and I'm always willing to give people the benefit of the doubt.

I don't find any body shape to be most attractive in particular, now that I think about it. To me, it's more about how you carry yourself and how you feel about yourself. If you're happy with it, I'm happy with it.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:08 PM   #93
Alaizabel Cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Is_My_Sin
As for my body shape, I personally find it hideous. I don't have a waist, decent bra size & my legs are stumpy & flabby. But that's my problem.

But if you're happy with your body shape & feel healthy, you'll always be lovely

Hah, SIMS, I've seen pictures of you and while I have only seen your face, I don't think that you're hideous at all. Honestly.
Old 09-30-2006, 02:47 AM   #94
bleedingheart344

Oops, I forgot to put my height. I'm 5'5 or 5'6 and 107.
Old 09-30-2006, 06:01 AM   #95
c130

Well I've varied between 8 and 10 stone for the past couple of years, but it's settled around 9 stone. I'm averagely built, 5'6"... not a coat-hanger, but not chubby either. My shape's reasonably well-defined, but my chest isn't huge.

When I'm looking at other people, I find uber-skinny folk and big fat whales pretty disconcerting, but only if they're way past the normal range of skinny --> well-padded. I don't mind it if my mates have a bit of flab on them.
Old 09-30-2006, 06:03 AM   #96
bleedingheart344

Yeah, I think I'm supposed to be 119 or something. I can't gain weight, that's my problem.
Old 09-30-2006, 07:06 AM   #97
She_Is_My_Sin

I refuse to weigh myself. It always makes me feel a bit bad. The last time I did it was about 3 years ago.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 12:07 PM   #98
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I'm 5 feet 7 inches. I weigh about 150 or so. I have more muscle than fat though. I call myself average. My stomach is a tid on the chunky side, and I have big hips. I'm pretty curvy. I have a decent size chest. I think I'm pretty healthy, so that's all that matters to me.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 02:46 PM   #99
DarkHeartedDemoness

I guess I kind of have to object to the very premise of this poll. I mean, how completely objectifying is it to judge someone based on weight? Even if we're judging aesthetics alone, how can you judge based purely on weight? I can think of downright scrawny women that are gorgeous (Keira Knightley), and some that are disgusting(Nicole Ritchie). I think that, in addition, the wording of the last option is sexist, demeaning, and downright appalling.
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 03:42 PM   #100
bleedingheart344

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeartedDemoness
I guess I kind of have to object to the very premise of this poll. I mean, how completely objectifying is it to judge someone based on weight? Even if we're judging aesthetics alone, how can you judge based purely on weight? I can think of downright scrawny women that are gorgeous (Keira Knightley), and some that are disgusting(Nicole Ritchie). I think that, in addition, the wording of the last option is sexist, demeaning, and downright appalling.
I agree, notice how I said I don't go by looks or weight since I am not superficial.