Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

View Poll Results: Skinny, Average, or Fat?
Skinny girls that have no fat 11 9.82%
Average girls with curves and just a touch of fat 95 84.82%
Down right fat chicks 6 5.36%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2006, 07:05 PM   #126
Alaizabel Cray

Oh, OsoCrazy, don't worry about your weight. You'll never be happy with yourself if you can't accept yourself, as corny as that sounds. And as for the "skinny lad that can fit into anything he wants", well, skinny kids have trouble finding clothes that fit, too. I have a friend who still shops in the children's section, even though she's 15, because she's too skinny to fit into anything else. Kind of bugs her when she can't find the things she wants, only so much comes in a child's size 12/14. I guess what I'm trying to sya is, everyone has some problem with the way they are, and we all learn to deal with it one way or the other. So just remember that you can either spend your time worrying about your weight, or ignore what anyone else might think and just have fun with life anyways!
Old 11-06-2006, 07:43 PM   #127
OsoCrazy

Very kind words Alaizabel Cray, but the thing is, I'm not comfortable in my own skin and i'm trying as much as i can to change that. I hate having to search for XX-XXXL shirts to fit me, Size 45 Pants or XXL pants cause i just cant get that extra inch down to fit in regular XL pants, I'm only 15, i shouldnt be having these weight problems. Recently i've been eating less, and more healthy food, which hopefully will help, and every Friday i go to BattleZone from 7-12( lazer tag ) which i am very competitive in. I'm strongely hoping that in about a month, with regular walks, good food, and a bit of non-laziness, i'll be able to fit into the clothes i want to wear, and do the things i want to do.

There was a State Fair a few weeks ago, i wanted to ride a few rides, i bought my tickets, squished my way into one and had fun, i tried another, and i couldnt get the harness down all the way, which greatly depressed and humiliated me infront of lots of people.
OsoCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:06 PM   #128
Alaizabel Cray

You're right--you're only 15. You've still got your whole life ahead of you, and plenty of time to work out any self-image problems you might have. That doesn't mean you shouldn't still do what you can to work things out now, I'm just saying not to stress if things take a little while. Maybe try talking to a perosnal trainer at the gym, they can be really helpful, and I know that I always feel great after leaving the gym, like I've really accomplished something by getting up and exercising a bit when I know most teens don't even want to jog around the track for P.E. I'm about to start rambling here, so I'll cut this short (heh xD). With a little work, you'll find that for the most part you can ignore what everyone else thinks and just worry about what you think, and you'll feel a lot better without anyone else's expectations weighing you down. And good luck with your new routine!
Old 11-07-2006, 04:58 PM   #129
VisciaDacia

^^ That's so true. While I've never had a weight problem (I'm 5'7", somewhere around 100-110 or so naturally), I understand that it gets so painful when you feel everyone else's eyes on you and you can just imagine what they're thinking about you. Clothing, appearance, behavior, everything. It takes its toll when you feel as though everyone would rather judge you than let you be as you are. Honestly though, nobody else's opinion matters. In my opinion, those who would rather look and stare and judge purely on what they see are somewhat pathetic...they need to look below the surface and give everyone a chance. You deserve respect--I am sure you are a lovely person and I would hate for you to be pained by those with no perception of depth.

I really hope you find success with your health and weight and I hope you can become comfortable as you are. If you stick with it, I know you will be able to get past these problems you seem to be facing...Ergh, that went from agreeing with Alaizable Cray to a rant. Sorry. But you guys, just be happy with yourselves. It's so important...
VisciaDacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 05:19 PM   #130
insertwittyname

Osocrazy. 4 letters for you! ROTC. They will treat you like shit, but won't let you be lazy, and give you high school PE credit, and it's 2-3 times a week. Also, for like 2 semester and you're done for all of high school. *at least for LA County, California schools* You will run many miles nonstop, with horrible moves for your stomach and arms that will make you bitch constantly, but overall, you will get drastic results within 2 weeks. I posted earlier about my ROTC camp results. I lost all the fat on my body except that which is called boobs. ROTC is hell, but it is like a fat camp military style and so won't let you off if you skimp. *forgot to add, bring bandaids no matter where! They won't supply you when you loose all the skin off your toes and heels, I have pictures!*
Old 11-07-2006, 05:36 PM   #131
Delkaetre

I'm average to skinny. Top half of me is skinny- a smallish bra size, and distinct bones around my collar, shoulders, elbows, wrists. My ribs are visible if I yawn and stretch. (not in a scary, play the xylophone way, just visible enough to see that the skin's taut)
The bottom half of me, from waist down, has curves. I've got wide hips and a reasonably round bum, and legs with shape to them. I'm still not fond of showing my legs, but that's due to laziness about shaving and a preference for trousers.
I quite like my shape. The boyfriend very much likes my shape. And my friend Tyr keeps leching on me when I'm sprawled on his bed playing 'Kill All Humans'. Apparently my body spirals nicely, giving a pretty twist and curve and narrow.
I'm happy enough with my body, since it remains slim but with enough curve to have a defined waist, even with laziness and abuse of junkfood.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:10 PM   #132
Draconysius

I actually like girls that are kind of plump/chunky moreso than those annorexically skinny. With guys, though, I'm not quite as broad in my tastes.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 05:32 AM   #133
korinna5555

im about a size 13 jeans, all thanks to my oh-so-lovely huge hips. but im a 36DD, which is nice. im 5'5" and have been told i look about 140. because i ride horses and lift weights (mostly haybales lol), i actually weigh a good bit more because of the muscle. i am perfectly happy with my body.
in my opinion, as long as you are a healthy weight, it doesnt really matter. i have also found that guys seem more attracted to women that look like women, not sticks.
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 03:20 PM   #134
fairiez_wear_boots

I would like to lose 10 kg although I dont mind THAT much about my appearance.......so I voted for the chubby ladiessssssssssss.........hehehehehehehe.......
fairiez_wear_boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 02:52 AM   #135
bleedingheart344

I have either a 28 or 30 waist in pants, I am pretty skinny, but only like flat stomach skinny, not like anorexically skinny, and for that I'm thankful.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:44 PM   #136
GoGoGadgetBooty

Location: I am currently located in North Carolina, but I hope to move further south for or after college.
I'm 5'6/5'7, 138 pounds, decent size boobs (34 or 36 C), and pretty even proportions. I have a layer of fat around every body part, but it doesn't bother me that much. If I wanted to I could get the whole playgirl look, but I love to eat. I'm just glad I have the metabolism to support my green pepper pizza obsession.

My views for a guy's body type: Strong and muscular, I don't care if there's a small layer of fat over it or not... well actually it'd be better if there was. Tall=good. Strong arms=good. If these things are achieved through real work and not just working out, that's even better. But this isn't as important as him being a nice person. If he looks like a god but acts like a jerk, then his appearance somehow starts to get worse. And if he's the sweetest guy in the world, he looks really good to me, no matter what his body/face are like.

Girl: Super skinny doesn't really do anything for me. Whenever I get jealous of a skinny girl, my mind usually thinks: "Lucky girl, she could be a model!" (A dream of mine.) And it seems like the beautiful people these days are the ones with skinny little faces and high cheekbones? Maybe it's cause my parents grew up in the country, but I don't want my face to look like that. An extremely pretty girl, in my opinion, would be thin, but not extremely thin. She would be toned but with a good bit of meat on her bones. Her face would be round or oval-shaped, but she doesnt have to have a straight nose. And I've always thought that blonde hair was more attractive than brown, but I'm completely biased because I have blonde hair so that doesn't really matter.

I think I just described Barbie.
GoGoGadgetBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:37 PM   #137
Elliot

If a woman doesn't love food, how the hell is supposed to cook all my food for the rest of my life?!

*sorry for the necessary moment of supreme masculinity*
Elliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:49 PM   #138
Kassindrya

And a girl who watch her weight would never cook you poutine
Kassindrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 04:47 PM   #139
Mick Ignis

I prefer skinny, but healthy girls. I myself am really thin and somewhat lanky (6'1, 122 lbs). It doesn't mean I'm anorexic, although I'm not a big eater. I just stick to organic health food.

I like delicate features in women.
Mick Ignis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 04:52 PM   #140
gnulinuxman

Who cares?! Looks don't matter!
gnulinuxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:21 PM   #141
Godslayer Jillian

Maybe to you.
To me, looks matter. (Big time)

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:32 PM   #142
Mick Ignis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Maybe to you.
To me, looks matter. (Big time)
Same here. I like someone who takes care of themselves and has a creative fashion sense. Looks have more to do with personality than you think. It shouldn't be the defining point in a relationship, but everybody is attracted to something in a persons appearance. It's human nature.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:31 PM   #143
Mick Ignis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckySlater
I hate hearing skinny ALWAYS being linked to illness and an eating disorder. This is usually said by people insecure with their own weight issues as tactic to assert some superiority to cover their inability or ineptitude in changing their lifestyle. In my line, I can tell an anorexic/bulimic in a heartbeat. (Most bulimics are above average weight, fyi.)
Ugh, I get so much crap everyday. I usually wear long sleeve shirts and my bulky trench because of the rude comments people make about my weight. Whenever someone finds out my weight, the usual comment is "OMG! Are you anorexic or something?" or "Wow, you REALLY need to eat something". It becomes horribly irritating.

The nickname "Mick the Stick" haunted me throughout my public school years.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:47 PM   #144
Miss_Hazie_Lane

I'm skinny, yeah, I know, I'm a 2/4, 5'6, around 115 lbs, I'm extreamly comfortable with my body, and I adore food, but the long and short of it is, I am what I am, I have a fairly androgynous body, and I like my partners the same, a touch androgynous, highly gendered people don't frequently do it for me (although I'm very happy with my bettie paige-esque gf)
Old 12-09-2006, 08:54 PM   #145
deathbecomesme

Im skinnny 6'0 and 125 pounds, yeah skinny but i like who i am and i wouldn't change it if i could.
...the costume without the brain."
--Peter Murphy
deathbecomesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:22 PM   #146
Godslayer Jillian

I wish I were 115 lb.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:31 PM   #147
Jayden

Generally for me it's about balance. But when it comes down to it, personality can outweigh those factors.
Jayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:31 PM   #148
Miss_Hazie_Lane

meh I'm boney, I'm sure you look great at your weight
Old 12-09-2006, 09:38 PM   #149
deathbecomesme

personal to me skinny people look way better than fat people, not trying to be mean to over weight people, but if your over 145 pounds to me, just not to sexy.
...the costume without the brain."
--Peter Murphy
deathbecomesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:40 PM   #150
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Hazie_Lane
meh I'm boney, I'm sure you look great at your weight
Who? Me?
Well...
It's not that I want to be skinny, but actually the opposite...

I'm only 101 lb ...

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote: