Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

View Poll Results: what kind of eye liner do you use?
liquid 3 20.00%
stick 12 80.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2006, 01:28 PM   #76
Deviant Kitten

I don't like wearing foundation, but sometimes I'll use a little pressed powder over my moisturiser to stop my skin from looking shiny (ick!) I can't seem to find a pale enough powder though - I have naturally very fair skin and even the lightest shades of powder darken my skin slightly. I know StarGazer and similar companies do pure white powder, but does anyone know of something in between? I'd love to find a very pale but natural looking powder.

~ Wei Hui
Deviant Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:36 PM   #77
Deviant Kitten

Eep! Are you stalking me honey?
*grin* j/k!

Ok, I'll see if I can work out how to do it :-)

~ Wei Hui
Old 02-08-2006, 01:42 PM   #78
Deviant Kitten

I've got a couple of pics up on my website: http://www.ravens-nest.zoomshare.com/

I'm not sure how to link to them, so just click on 'Raven's Photos' then on 'Raven's mum' :-)

~ Wei Hui
Old 02-08-2006, 01:47 PM   #79
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Would you like me to post them for you?
I don't know if you could, as they don't have a web address... the thumbnails have an address but when you click on them the pics pop up in a little window which doesn't have an address at the top. *scratches head in confusion* I suppose I could post the thumbnails but they're so tiny that it hardly seems worth it!

~ Wei Hui
Old 02-08-2006, 01:53 PM   #80
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
I can do it easily...

I already clicked'em, saved'em, resized'em, and uploaded them to my photobucket. I can PM you the urls.
Woah! You're fast Xnguela! :-)
Ok, here's my ugly mug then:

~ Wei Hui
Old 02-08-2006, 01:57 PM   #81
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Now put it in the picture post so everyone can tell you how hot you are! Cuz you are, dear.
Aww thanks honey *blush* ok I'll go look for the picture post *wanders off to explore the rest of Gothic.net* Oooh, pretty, I like what you've done with the place guys!

Thanks for helping me with the pics, I'm not the greatest with computers/technology etc! ;-)

~ Wei Hui
Old 02-08-2006, 02:27 PM   #82
Wise Child

Deviant - hot hot hot *repeat to fade*

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 03:01 AM   #83
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Child
Deviant - hot hot hot *repeat to fade*
*grin* thank you sweetie!

~ Wei Hui
Old 02-09-2006, 01:56 PM   #84
IlGato_DiDiablo

*waw* sweetheart...you are one fine human being!! damn !!!
IlGato_DiDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 03:42 PM   #85
She_Is_My_Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant Kitten
. I know StarGazer and similar companies do pure white powder, but does anyone know of something in between? I'd love to find a very pale but natural looking powder.
There's a make-up brand, that they sell in The Black Rose in Camden, that's a sort of pale skin tone.I'm not sure if they still have it...I think it may have just been for Halloween.Try looking on www.gothic.uk.com they might have it there.

Here's some of my tips for make-up:
For eyeliner I always use a proper pencil rather than those ones you can wind down, as I find after a while they go blunt. Pencils can be sharpened for a more precise line.
I also never try & draw my "flicks" without a guide. I used to have this thing that was like a pencil shaped sponge & after I had drawn on a faint line of eyeliner , I used the sponge to create faint flicks to trace over in liquid. For lippie always make sure your lips aren't cracked or the lipstick will highlight this. Usually if I haven't put it on in a while, a few moments before I start on my lippie, I put on a think layer of lipbalm & then blot it off lightly when I'm applying.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 02:06 PM   #86
Wise Child

Quote:
I don't like wearing foundation, but sometimes I'll use a little pressed powder over my moisturiser to stop my skin from looking shiny (ick!) I can't seem to find a pale enough powder though - I have naturally very fair skin and even the lightest shades of powder darken my skin slightly. I know StarGazer and similar companies do pure white powder, but does anyone know of something in between? I'd love to find a very pale but natural looking powder.
I recommend talc. It just feels better than caking on regular powder, and it'll pale you down a little if that's what you're after!

Old 02-11-2006, 09:22 PM   #87
Empty_Purple_Stars

Rice Powder works very well, and is usually fairly inexpensive.

Try to find a brand imported from Japan, they tend to be more finely milled and the rice is usuallt a better quality.
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 12:47 AM   #88
blackestshadeofblack

I love my eyeliner heaps, but I can't really get it to look that Goth. Makeup wise, and everything else-wise, Gerard Way rocks! How can I make my eyes look all hollowed out like he does? I just wanna look less like all the wannabe Preps whom I dispise so much. Any ideas?
blackestshadeofblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:56 AM   #89
She_Is_My_Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackestshadeofblack
I love my eyeliner heaps, but I can't really get it to look that Goth. Makeup wise, and everything else-wise, Gerard Way rocks! How can I make my eyes look all hollowed out like he does? I just wanna look less like all the wannabe Preps whom I dispise so much. Any ideas?
I done something like that for halloween. I used abit of purple, aswell as red & black.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:16 AM   #90
MonsterMomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackestshadeofblack

This look?: http://www.nndb.com/people/197/000098900/
Or this one?: http://www.gerardfan.net/

Either way, that's not eyeliner, it's eyeshadow. Just swipe it under your eyes.
MonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:32 AM   #91
IlGato_DiDiablo

Where in the world is a brand that sells smudge-proof eyeliner? I put eyeliner everyday, but when I walk into the ladies bathroom at school, I find my eyeliner smudged all the way to the end of my face and I look like a fucking scarecrow. I hardly touch my face and I dont rub my eyes at all so it won't get off.. The liquid eyeliner that I put stays but the pencil liner inside my eye just tends to fall. I've used almost every brand of eyeliner I could find and nothing seems to work

Oh yeah, I have normal skin so it's not oily or anything...
Old 02-13-2006, 09:46 AM   #92
Wise Child

I have the same problem. I apply powder underneath, then the eyeliner, then a little shadow ober the liner to give a more intense but less harsh line. Makes your eyes look really nice and big!

Old 02-13-2006, 09:58 AM   #93
IlGato_DiDiablo

I do apply some powder under my lower eye lid, but it stills seems to find a way to get out of my eye!!! I do put eyeshadow over the eyeliner to dry it out and whatever but it still seems to fall and its going to make ME fall !!!!
Old 02-13-2006, 10:08 AM   #94
Wise Child

Do you have watery eyes? I do sometimes if I'm really tired and it goes all crusty. Not so pretty!

Do you apply your eyeliner to the inner or outer rim? I used to put mine on the inner when I younger, but it just used to bleed so I started putting it outside. Makes your eyes look bigerr anyway.

Old 02-13-2006, 10:15 AM   #95
IlGato_DiDiablo

Umm, both actually, like you said, it makes the eye look bigger and my eyes aren't exactly big. They're oval-y! I haven't got watery eyes but I do know what it looks like when its all crusted up! I would really like to find an eyeliner that won't fall all the way to the end of your neck!

I think I should try what those girls in my class are using..Arabian kohl, or whichever way you spell that, seems to last on their eyes for almost the entire day. Unless they fix it every one hour. I'll do my investigation tomorrow morning then!
Old 02-13-2006, 10:18 AM   #96
Deviant Kitten

Oops, I forgot I'd posted in this thread! Sorry for the delay... *blush*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlGato_DiDiablo
*waw* sweetheart...you are one fine human being!! damn !!!
Thank you! So are you sweetie, I saw your beautiful pic in the picture thread! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Is_My_Sin
There's a make-up brand, that they sell in The Black Rose in Camden, that's a sort of pale skin tone.I'm not sure if they still have it...I think it may have just been for Halloween.Try looking on www.gothic.uk.com they might have it there.

Here's some of my tips for make-up:
For eyeliner I always use a proper pencil rather than those ones you can wind down, as I find after a while they go blunt. Pencils can be sharpened for a more precise line...
I've just had a look and there's a couple of Bloody Mary powders that look interesting. Thanks! I know what you mean about the wind down eyeliners by the way - I bought one a couple of weeks ago and it's totally blunt now, which is especially annoying considering that it cost a couple of pounds more than a normal pencil that can be sharpened! *frowns*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Child
I recommend talc. It just feels better than caking on regular powder, and it'll pale you down a little if that's what you're after!
I'll try that one - I'm on a tight budget at the mo so it sounds good to me! *wink* All I'm after is something that will keep my skin smooth and matte, perhaps paling it down a very little too. I'm naturally very pale so I don't want to go too extreme and end up looking silly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
Rice Powder works very well, and is usually fairly inexpensive.

Try to find a brand imported from Japan, they tend to be more finely milled and the rice is usuallt a better quality.
Sounds intriguing - I've never tried using rice powder before. I'll have to have a scout about on the net and see what's available.

Thanks for the tips guys! *hugs*

~ Wei Hui
Old 02-13-2006, 10:29 AM   #97
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
There's this girl down the hall, and no matter what, she always looks like she just woke up and forgot to wash her makeup off the night before. It's kind of sad.
Maybe she's only just started wearing makeup, it took me months to get the hang of making eyeliner and shadow look decent! Then again, I see people like that sometimes who've obviously been applying bad makeup for years... I always kind of want to go up to them and give them some tips, but sadly I'm too polite for that! *grin*

~ Wei Hui
Old 02-13-2006, 10:30 AM   #98
She_Is_My_Sin

I know a girl who uses red felt tip pen under her eyes...I told her it wasn't good for her eyes, but she didn't listen...
Old 02-13-2006, 10:34 AM   #99
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Is_My_Sin
I know a girl who uses red felt tip pen under her eyes...I told her it wasn't good for her eyes, but she didn't listen...
I bet that looks just gorgeous! *giggle*

~ Wei Hui
Old 02-15-2006, 11:29 AM   #100
She_Is_My_Sin

Quote:
I bet that looks just gorgeous! *giggle*
Uh-huh. I think she's switched to green or purple. I can't usually tell because her glasses box her eyes in abit.She over-loads the black eye shadow. I guess no-one really told her to use it sparingly.
Either way it looks like she's got an eye infection.