Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 11-04-2006, 09:10 PM   #26
Delkaetre

You shouldn't need to worry about putting on makeup for boyfriends anyway- after all, if you plan on keeping them, they should be used to how you look all of the time, with or without.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:16 PM   #27
insertwittyname

Lol. Hmm only times I think you really have to wear make-up is if you're on tv so you aren't shiny and if you have a really bad skin condition and acne to keep yourself sane.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:21 PM   #28
MotherofMercies

I would feel negative about myself, I have piercing scars. Gah.
MotherofMercies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:27 PM   #29
Delkaetre

I have a scar on my nose that people always think is from a piercing gone wrong... it's too narrow and deep to be hidden by makeup, so I may get it pierced at some point, just to make things easier.
Sometimes scars can be turned to advantage. Good conversation pieces, if you have the right kind of deviants for friends.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:48 PM   #30
MotherofMercies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre
I have a scar on my nose that people always think is from a piercing gone wrong... it's too narrow and deep to be hidden by makeup, so I may get it pierced at some point, just to make things easier.
Sometimes scars can be turned to advantage. Good conversation pieces, if you have the right kind of deviants for friends.
Yeah, the one that is most prominant is where I had my madonna pierced. I said to one person I had a mole taken off. Tehe.
MotherofMercies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:55 PM   #31
insertwittyname

I have freckles that cover my facial scars. And break outs. Works better than cover-up. I have a scar on my forehead from my brother scratching me with his nails when he pissed me off and I bit him at 1 in the morning in a long car ride. Another from the corner of my desk*long story*, scars of me killing the evil pimples of death, and the last is actually a 2 inch indentation that's mostly covered up by my hair and you can't see it, but you can feel it. No clue how it got there but people believe me when I say I was dropped on my head as a child.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:37 PM   #32
Alaizabel Cray

I don't normally wear much make-up, just mascara and occasionally eyeliner/eyeshadow. I feel sort of weird without mascara, because I'm a red-head, so my eyelashes are naturally this sort of yellow-ish orangey blonde-type color. That's the only reason I really wear mascara, just to make my eyelashes a normal color (brown, I only use black when I'm feeling dramatic, becuase it really stands out on me). So I wouldn't feel weird without make-up, I've done that plenty of times and no one seems ot notice, or at least they don't point it out if they do.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:20 PM   #33
the_ink_bleeds_faster

If there was one day that I went out without makeup on...I'd feel like an alien...I've worn makeup every day for 4 years straight...I don't know what would happen, come to think of it.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:54 AM   #34
kitten

I wear makeup to school and whenever I go places pretty much. I have this theory that You look lazy and slobbish if you dont at least try a little. Theres no reason, except laziness, not to get up and put on somthing decent.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:50 PM   #35
darkness-creepshow

actualy that is pretty true kitten...if you look like you put effort into looks all the power to you.. hehe
darkness-creepshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 05:42 AM   #36
kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkness-creepshow
actualy that is pretty true kitten...if you look like you put effort into looks all the power to you.. hehe
Thanx, I was hoping people didnt take offence. i know some people just dont like to wear makup.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:02 AM   #37
Crying_Crimson_Tears

To the kids at my school, it's like the apocalypse if I don't wear make up. They freak out and say "Oh my God, where the hell is your make up???" or "Are you feeling okay???" then they touch my head to see if I have a fever. So sometimes I like going to school with no make up on just to freak the hell outta people. But I hate my face without make up, so I normally wear it.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:35 PM   #38
darkness-creepshow

is it because your face is bleached with lemon juice and peroxide? or..wait what was the ingrediants...anyway you put on makup so your face isnt so white?
darkness-creepshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 03:13 PM   #39
fairiez_wear_boots

I normally wear make up depending though on the time of the day the quantity of ti varies.....in the daylight its more natural and when going out it's more intense......I wouldnt have a problem not wearing make up (when going to the beach for example) but I d prefer wearing it in general....
fairiez_wear_boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 04:38 PM   #40
__missmeaghan

I agree. I'd have less confidence.
__missmeaghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:54 PM   #41
Tumor

When I first stopped wearing make-up, I felt odd. Now, it's just every-day for me. Though I admit, I miss it.
Tumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 01:54 PM   #42
LaBelleDameSansMerci

I always wear at least eyeliner when I go out, otherwise I feel self-conscious. I don't really like the shape of my eyes, so I use eyeliner to edit it. *computer artist coming out there...* I like to wear black and grey eyeshadow too, and/or black lipstick. I also have this awesome really dark purple lip gloss. Sometimes if I wear green, I'll wear this shimmery green eyeshadow that matches. I love that stuff.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 04:03 AM   #43
Minyaliel

I'd feel odd without drawing in my eyebrows (I've removed half of them so that I can draw in the rest), but apart from that I wouldn't feel any different. This might be because I'm rather used to running around without makeup or only half- finished (there's this certain stress factor backstage). I tell you, it's worse having to run around with half- finished make-up than none at all. You look particularly odd when you've only managed to finish one eye and the other is just with the white base (makes you look like a panda bear). That happened to me just before a show some time ago; the intercom lady asked me to come on stage at once and so I had no choice but drop the liquid eyeliner and hurry up the stairs
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 04:55 AM   #44
NME

I see no reason to wear makeup. I'm happy the way I am. I have no reason to change myself.
NME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 01:10 PM   #45
Aude Sapere

Unfortuantly, i am make-uply challenged. The most i am able to pull of is some blue mascara that doesn't show up in doors, some powder, and occasionally black eye liner. I do, however, wear it everyday, so its become a habit. With it, i have to constantly remember not to touch my face. Without it, i feel...naked, really. Though, it does feel nice being able to touch my face again. Rubing my eyes is a favorite. I go more with accessories (sp?) than makeup. Its better to go with what you know.
Aude Sapere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 04:29 AM   #46
Feralboy101

That's how it is for me and black clothes. When not wearing them, I feel edgy, and out of my skin.Makeup isn't as big a deal, but still.
Feralboy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:37 PM   #47
Paper_Wings

I would feel like I was naked without my makeup. I would feel like I was missing something and I would probably feel very unconfident and feel like people were staring at me all day. I don't know. It's like I'm hiding something, and when I take my makeup off, everyone sees the true me...(<.<) (>.>)
Old 12-07-2006, 03:20 AM   #48
Kamrusepas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal_Death
For people who have used or put makeup on everyday when you are going out either to school or work, how would you feel or would your day be like with no make up on. Let's just say it's because you ran out of make-up or something like that.
I just simply wouldn't step out of the house.
What the world is really like
Kamrusepas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 05:54 AM   #49
Kassindrya

It happens every now and then. I don't wear make-up when I intend to stay home and if for some reason I have to get somewhere else I go as I am
Kassindrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:32 AM   #50
Draconysius

Actually, being a guy, I tend to only wear make-up when going out on the town. I don't like to wear it on casual outings like visiting relatives or going to the post office. I don't wear make-up around relatives for OBVIOUS reasons, but as for going to the post office or eating out, it simply takes too much time for an occasion of little importance. Now, If I were to go to a movie, an art gallery, or the mall without make-up, I WOULD feel out-of-place.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote