Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 12-07-2006, 10:35 PM   #51
Cicero

I like how I look without makeup, and I like how I look with it.

Though usually when I go out into the big wide world I'll at least put on some eyeliner.

When going out anywhere 'special' I prefer to have makeup on, at least around the eyes. Not necessarily because of how it looks, but because it feels weird not wearing it. An attachment for no particular reason, I suppose.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:10 AM   #52
Miss_Hazie_Lane

Without makeup I don't feel quite like myself, I feel like I put on my real face every morning, everything else is just flesh getting in the way of identity
Old 12-09-2007, 06:31 AM   #53
Opteron_Man

i wish my skin was as pale as yours Immortal_Death. very beautiful!
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:00 PM   #54
Duane

A day wearing black eyeliner, eye shadow, powder with red lipstick... that'd be different. It'd be cool walking around town, looking like that. Even cooler to see how people would react, ortreat me, lolz. I might try that one day, actually. I mean, the one time I went around with make-up on, it made me feel good... unique. I also wish my skin was a pale as Immortal_Death's.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:35 AM   #55
drewsilla

It's very rare that I wear make-up. Sometimes I'll put it on if I'm having a "blah" day, but most of the time I go without. I love wearing red lipstick, but have yet to find that perfect blueish-red shade that would go well with my skin tone.

If I find that, I just might wear make-up more often! Until then, I'll just go natural.
drewsilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:51 AM   #56
Delkaetre

I found a ridiculously pale powder in Boots, so I'm testing that out with my thin line of kohl as makeup for today.
This is considerably more than I normally wear, in that there's anything other than kohl pencil.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:39 PM   #57
Opteron_Man

ahhhh! without makeup? i do feel almost naked!
Old 12-13-2007, 01:07 PM   #58
kimaru

I don't even recognise myself without eyeliner, I forgot to put some on one morning and everyone at school said I looked really weird but they didn't know why...I don't even feel like I'm me without make-up, its like I'm walking around with someone elses face on...I don't usually wear much make-up, just eyeliner and eyeshadow. Sometimes I'll wear lipstick or do something with liquid liner on my eyes. I'm really lucky and have geat skin, its an even tone and pretty pale most of the time so I don't need foundation...I do put a small amount of sunscreen on my face in the summer...
kimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:27 PM   #59
WarumonoLady

The day ends before it starts if I don't put on my face.

Cosmetics are something I am very passionate about. I even did my senior paper on the ingredients of cosmetics. To go a day without them just doesn't seem right. I consider myself an artist (a piss-poor one in terms of talent, but eh, I have fun) and my makeup box is my medium. When I have a hell of a time getting going in the morning, I apply my usual uninspired red-lippy-black-eyeliner-and-shadow. Even when I have allergy attacks I try to at least cover my undereye darkness. Great, now I feel superficial. While I'm at it, I heart Dita Von Teese.
WarumonoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:53 PM   #60
Solumina

most days I put on powder and lip gloss (unless I hit the snooze one too many times before my 9am class), that's really about it unless I'm doing something special like a date or going out to a club then I add some eyeliner, eyeshadow, lipstick, and if I want to feel extra flirtatious some mascara (as they are already black and quite long most of the time I skip it). Then again there are many days that I go without and it doesn't really bother me unless I'm dressed up and then I feel like I don't match my clothing
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 05:25 PM   #61
Ruhiel

Well the most make-up I've ever worn at once was white base (don't ask), eyeliner, lipstick, and eyeshadow. Needless to say I looked like s***face from the last Chucky movie.

Lately I haven't been wearing any, not even eyeliner since in the mornings when I get ready for school and I'm wearing my contact lenses and put on eyeliner, by around 10 it's running into my eyes and irritating the crap out of me. Plus I don't like wearing eyeliner and my glasses since it makes me look fairly emo.

I usually wear eyeliner out but I just can't seem to get it on the top of my eyelid for some reason, I keep flinching too much. Other than that, I don't feel any different with or without it on (well other than the physical difference I already mentioned).
Ruhiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 05:39 PM   #62
Crying_Crimson_Tears

A day without make up.

Is like a day without food.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:44 AM   #63
Opteron_Man

"A day without make up. Is like a day without food."
I have never thought of it like that. But your right.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:26 AM   #64
crucifix

My skin has acne, dermatitis and scars and redness in all different places. Not to mention I am naturally pale, but not in a good way, in a sickly pasty way. Makeup conceals my bad skin and also pales me out so I am a pretty pale, not a sickly grey pale. As for eyes, I feel comfortable with eyeliner. Sorry, but when my eyes are all done up in dark colors I feel my best. I do go some days w/o makeup when I am super tired but I realized the other day on no-makeup days I am usually kinda pissy.
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:54 AM   #65
Xombie

I did like my face without makeup until I got my hair cut. I now look like a boy if I don't somehow feminize my eyes. I'll usually enter the world decked out in eyeliner + bright ass colors to match my hair, or I'll just smudge some black around them for that "smokey" look.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:11 AM   #66
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man
"A day without make up. Is like a day without food."
I have never thought of it like that. But your right.
Thank you.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 05:30 AM   #67
Malice In Wonderland

I refuse to leave the house without makeup.
It's become a kind of identity.
I like wearing makeup.
But I feel I've become slightly dependent on it.
I also have a Cyst at the moment and my eye feels horrible.
So makeup's a bit shakeyy.
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 11:49 AM   #68
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying_Crimson_Tears
A day without make up.

Is like a day without food.
*sigh* Just staple your hand to your forehead already.

For me, I can usually do without if I'm not breaking out but if I'm feeling fancy, it'll just be eyeliner and lipstick unless I really wanna do it big and then I'll break out the shadow as well.
Lolly PopMuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 11:55 AM   #69
lostintranslation

I can handle a day without make up if I'm just sitting at home with my family. Only one of my friends has seen me without make up, and she didn't recognise me, and screamed. Now, make up is always on when I go out. I look way younger than I am without make up, and look a few years older with. I'd rather look like I'm 20 than 12 anyday.
lostintranslation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 12:46 PM   #70
Mon Coeur Noir

I can go either way. I love my look with makeup though. I'm far more dramatic. Then again, that's kind of the point of it all.
Mon Coeur Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 01:02 PM   #71
Green.Lady

It may seem pathetic, but I am naked without powder, eyeliner, and mascara. The rest is optional.
Deliver me a paper
Green.Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 05:50 PM   #72
strange_pleasure

I love doing my makeup-when I have time. I cannot stand being rushed and that's usually how my weekday mornings are, but at the very least I wear lipstick almost everyday day. So even though my company's dress code is strict, my little tube of lipstain keep me feelin' vampy from 9-5!
strange_pleasure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 12:26 AM   #73
CandyKorns

Yeah, that's the way you should think. The times when I didn't wear makeup anywhere, I liked the freedom, the wind blowing at my bare skin.
CandyKorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 12:29 AM   #74
CandyKorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewsilla
It's very rare that I wear make-up. Sometimes I'll put it on if I'm having a "blah" day, but most of the time I go without. I love wearing red lipstick, but have yet to find that perfect blueish-red shade that would go well with my skin tone.

If I find that, I just might wear make-up more often! Until then, I'll just go natural.
You could go to a makeup counter at the mall and the women there can help you find that perfect "Blueish-red" color.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:33 AM   #75
CandyKorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostintranslation
I can handle a day without make up if I'm just sitting at home with my family. Only one of my friends has seen me without make up, and she didn't recognise me, and screamed. Now, make up is always on when I go out. I look way younger than I am without make up, and look a few years older with. I'd rather look like I'm 20 than 12 anyday.
I REALLY don't see that as a bad thing! Looking that young when your not, is a privilege!