Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 09-29-2005, 09:55 PM   #51
winged_dreams

That's flipping awesome! ^^

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 06:11 AM   #52
Mothling

When I went over to LA on a holiday once I went inside Hot Topic. It wasn't that fantastic, but I did see a Dark Wonderland T-Shirt by Crab Scrambly (I love his artwork) so I had to buy it.

I don't really see the appeal of it though. Out of an entire store I only like 1 t-shirt, and that was only because I was biased towards it. but whatever floats people's boats I guess.
Mothling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 04:24 PM   #53
Which_ones_Pink?

I actually had to go looking on the Internet to find out what Hot Topic is, I've never heard of it before! Some stuff looks quite nice... I'd probably buy some trousers or something from there.

Does anyone know the Criminal damage label? I don't know if it's part of something else... I just bought something with that label on it.

As you can probably tell, fashion isn't my best subject.
Which_ones_Pink? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 06:24 PM   #54
angleangel_doom

I'l tell you another thing, Hot Topic has some CRAP-TASTIC anime shirts. Its all Inuyasha, Naruto and dumb, newbie anime shit like that.
God, my hate for Inuyasha burns with the heat of 1,000 angry housewives.
Grrr.
(its not that America crappified it like every other anime it brings in, it just was sucky to begin with...except for Sesshomaru...he's a guilty pleasure, but a drawing nonetheless)
But lets not get off topic here.
The only things I can think of that I have from Hot Topic (Shmot crapit??) are two shirts of actual animes, such as Tenchi Muyo GP and Hellsing, the two of which I grew up watching (along with various others). Oh...and a few Nightmares and Fairytales comics...they're so damn cute...go SLG!!
angleangel_doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 07:56 PM   #55
razor_playground

i think its fine to purchase items of interest..just dont walk out of there looking like the whole store exploded on you..i believe i've seen "how to be goth books" in there..i almsot clawed my eyes out..luckily we dont have them up in canada..altho our gothic/cyber/punk clothing stores are dwindling fast..causing me to battle bat babies at value village for choice lacy frocks..
razor_playground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 08:07 PM   #56
Ariis

Shop wherever you want.

I'll take my 5 for $20. black shirts and make
each of them into something different and
quite offensive.
Ariis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 08:10 PM   #57
razor_playground

offensive>?
Old 10-25-2005, 09:07 PM   #58
Ariis

Smile

The permission was never mine to start with.
I'm just saying I don't buy from HT.

Yes razor plaground. Offensive.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:16 PM   #59
Scythan

I just go to Value Village... I can usually find good stuff there if I look hard enough, although sometimes the best articles can only be recognized with a little imagination
Scythan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 12:52 PM   #60
razor_playground

i was just wondering how u made them offensive
Old 10-26-2005, 04:15 PM   #61
Ariis

Smile

I could tell you but then I have to kill you.

Nice signature. I'm not being sarcastic either.
It almost makes me want to cancel 1/2 my
orders. If I can. How many do you see in clubs
looking like a panda. Please tell me. Unless I
have to die to see it.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:55 PM   #62
razor_playground

hehehe..ah that old story..

u just might..it might be the old game of tell me yours..i'll tell you mine...
Old 10-27-2005, 07:54 PM   #63
Ariis

Give me your word of honor and I'll tell you first.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:09 AM   #64
Reject_Bunnies

HotTopic(the uber-mall chain store),just sells overpriced crap to the suburban kiddies who are trying to become accepted into some "sub-culture" by purchasing their desired "look" off a store shelf. It's sad really,I mean if you're going to throw that much money away on ONE friggin' pair of pants....throw it my way! I'll take your money to my local thrift store and buy a whole closet full of clothes.
Reject_Bunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 05:52 PM   #65
Anousenka

Hot Topic

I think that Hot Topic carries some good stuff...however...I DO NOT like their drug bashing merchandise. It makes me feel stifled lol. Saying "oh, we're alternative, but we don't do drugs waaah". That's not being alternative...I think that's giving into the mainstream. There is such a thing as being "mainstream goth", but you all know that already lol, I'm just expressing my distaste for it. I usually don't like something just because it's black or has spikes or lace or something, it has to look as if it's been thoughtfully put together and beautiful. I do like some of the tees they have there...the dark Alice in Wonderland ones I absolutely LOVE. I think at least for lots of their girls' pants...lately...go a lil overboard on the theme they're conveying. They DO, however, carry Gothic Beauty magazine, so that makes me happy If only they'd start importing Gothic and L o l i t a Bibles!!! (why does it put little stars on l o l i t a ???) That would save me about 5 dollars in shipping every season
Anousenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 06:55 PM   #66
Raven SilverWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrYinG_in_Th3_ran3
Ok from different points of veiw maybe ur right
I think that anyone who walks into hot topic wit a cherry cheek face
and goes and looks at my chemical romance and the new green day shit
is so full of it... i mean really... oh but the little statement about the huge pants on a girl now that's just wrong... fashion is attitude .... well at least 50% of the time..

By the way has anyone noticed how all of a sudden everyone is like going emo or punk or skater or goth... wat is it with this change??? someone help me out...
yes, ive noticed this also. I'm afraid this "fad" will last until greenday and MCR gets old or until a new boyband comes out. This time period makes me with backstreet boys were still popular with the normals.
Raven SilverWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 06:58 PM   #67
Raven SilverWolf

Hot Topic is a great store i think. The only thing that bothers me is when a blond-haired, 8 year old cheerleaders go in and spend 15 dallars to buy a black choaker with red spikes and wears it with her pink halter top and pink mini skirt....this sickens me...
Old 10-31-2005, 01:13 AM   #68
OdinicRite

I may be mistaken, but....

I may be mistaken, but since when does what clothes you decide to wear define whether or not you are "gothic" as being "gothic" is mearly a state of mind and not how you physically present yourself to others. So with this reasoning, you wear clothes that appeal to one's self not because they are an "in style" but because you like these articles of clothing. To criticize someone because of what store they bought their clothing from is just as wrong as to condemn someone for their religious beliefs.
OdinicRite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 03:16 PM   #69
emeraldlonewoulf

As far as hot topic is concerned, I bought one AC/DC t-shirt in there (yes, I actually admit to liking more than one genre of music), and i like some of the stuff they have, but it is all so generic, and costs way too much, I mean, for the 40 something dollars they want for a corset top you can buy your own pattern, fabric, ribbon, lace, faux leather or anything else, and make something really original. Not to mention you still have the pattern to make something else. With the 15 buck left over. As for "everyone" becoming goth, there are a lot more people going for the the whole skater/emo thing, and someday (hopefully soon) this too shall pass. Then we can be "retro". Ha! Ha. Anyway, you hit the nail on the head about thrift shops and such. MUCH better selection, and it always changes!
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 06:10 PM   #70
Raven SilverWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdinicRite
I may be mistaken, but since when does what clothes you decide to wear define whether or not you are "gothic" as being "gothic" is mearly a state of mind and not how you physically present yourself to others. So with this reasoning, you wear clothes that appeal to one's self not because they are an "in style" but because you like these articles of clothing. To criticize someone because of what store they bought their clothing from is just as wrong as to condemn someone for their religious beliefs.
this is only but my opinion.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:39 AM   #71
lovergirl852004

Unhappy Why I think People are Gothic

[QUOTE = well I think that Hot Topic is a cool Store cause I think that people are Gothic Cause they are so depressed that They think that all that surrounds them is Black but I think people should Just Get over It cause I had a Dear Friend that Died Cause a Drunk Driver Killed Him and I Just wanted to Die People should Just try to live without Living in the past Cause you know you will never get over what happened in the passed but you should try to live passed it. cause it took me almost three years to live passed the Fact that my Friend is Dead and Is never Coming Back but I just think about How my friend is up in Heaven watching Over me and I think about How He is watching over My Daughter and I think about How God loves Us and That things Happen for a Reason and People Should Just Face The Facts.I wanted to Committ Suicide but I didn't cause I was thinking about all my love ones that would miss me.

Last edited by lovergirl852004; 11-04-2005 at 09:41 AM. Reason: cause it didn't make since
lovergirl852004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 09:53 AM   #72
polished_wolf_claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovergirl852004
[QUOTE = well I think that Hot Topic is a cool Store cause I think that people are Gothic Cause they are so depressed that They think that all that surrounds them is Black but I think people should Just Get over It cause I had a Dear Friend that Died Cause a Drunk Driver Killed Him and I Just wanted to Die People should Just try to live without Living in the past Cause you know you will never get over what happened in the passed but you should try to live passed it. cause it took me almost three years to live passed the Fact that my Friend is Dead and Is never Coming Back but I just think about How my friend is up in Heaven watching Over me and I think about How He is watching over My Daughter and I think about How God loves Us and That things Happen for a Reason and People Should Just Face The Facts.I wanted to Committ Suicide but I didn't cause I was thinking about all my love ones that would miss me.
Doll? YOu should put some commas and periods in there..... It's hard to follow, kay?

"Teh Lordz Satan Protektz me frm ebil in mah PANTS!!!!!11111"
polished_wolf_claws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:24 AM   #73
soggypicklemuncher

I don't care where people get their clothes. Personally I don't really like Hot Topic for one because it's owned by The Gap (used to be an indie shop but they sold out) and secondly because the merchandise is often shoddily made and always overpriced. I don't get new clothes that often, and mostly I like to thrift. I'll wear thrifted leather but I won't buy it new. 'cause I'm a poseur vegetarian that eats fish now and then. : P

You only see what you want to believe
When you creep from the back
I got tricks up my sleeve
24/7 the devil's best friend
It makes no difference
It's all the same in the end

-"Same in the End" by Sublime
soggypicklemuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:29 AM   #74
NyQuil of Doom

I get some jewelry there sometimes and the occasional T-shirt, and I do like their selection of interesting pins, but HT stuff forms a very small percentage of my wardrobe. I get more stuff at outlet stores and thrift stores, and if I had access to a sewing machine I'd make more of it myself. I've got several shirts with funky sayings and stuff that I made myself-- lot cheaper to go to the craft store for a $3 T-shirt and $1 fabric paint than it is to pay $18 bucks for one.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:34 AM   #75
soggypicklemuncher

Damn, this reminds me I'm supposed to be crocheting granny squares to make a blanket for my pregnant 16-year-old friend's baby. Ugh I don't even want to talk about that but crocheting is fun.

You only see what you want to believe
When you creep from the back
I got tricks up my sleeve
24/7 the devil's best friend
It makes no difference
It's all the same in the end

-"Same in the End" by Sublime
soggypicklemuncher is offline   Reply With Quote