Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 12-06-2005, 12:04 PM   #126
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ningakitty
The only reason I go to hot topic is 'cuz I can't get anything black from anywhere else. My parents refuse to accept the fact of me being gothic, but they at least let me go to hot topic. I can't help it... I feel.. so protected in black.

Are you kidding me?
You can't find ANYTHING BLACK anywhere else? ...You obviously haven't looked anywhere else. My guess is you go there because it has a goth "image" ish from the outside. I can find more black clothes in a dELiA's than I can in Hot Topic. Seriously. Who are you kidding, here?

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 12:50 PM   #127
~Nix Nightingale~

Quote:
Originally Posted by unconscious_insanity
Ok, whatever, you think what you wanna think, and I will know what I know. And why is it bad to work there-which I did, and how would you know and who are you to say shit like that? Fuck you buddy. How about I blow YOUR...nevermind. Hot Topic was an awesome place to work, I got 40% discounts on everything, well 20% on CD's. They send you to concerts for free. They pay shitty, but the experience was great. "All" , "Everything"..same thing. I always get that mixed up-typo...-GASP- oh no, now everyone will make fun of me because I used a wrong word...oh no. And, yes, I agree Xnguela does know what she's talking about....so do I-I have personal experience with the store. Not just shopper experience.
Yes your Majesty Queen Hot Topic. It's a bit important when you are throwing your knowledge and arrogance about a subject around to actually be RIGHT... which you did a pretty poor job of. You worked there, you didn't OWN the place. It's one thing to voice your opinion on something, but when you come off as a snobby know-it-all twit, you deserve whatever comes to you.
I broke myself, shattered, tied a bow around every piece, you'll love the eyes. Have they always shown so vacantly? The more I show the less you'll want to know. I can't stop the insects that are feeding, pull the needles from beneath my skin.... ~ A Fire Inside ~
~Nix Nightingale~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 01:14 PM   #128
Nigredo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakadi
Hot Topic:Ok or not?
What do you all think of kids saying there goth and were shit from Hot Topic?
My opinion is,I think its ok as long as they have the right shit from HT.
The little skinny pants....no.
The little My Chemical Romance fitted "T's"...NO!
But like the big guy pants on girl...I think thats ok...
What do you think?
Sometimes you can finD good stuff at Hot Topic, But most of this stuff is trAsh. The Lip Service they sell is on the low in. Not real Lip Service. I like to shop on line or make my own clothes.
Nigredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 01:38 PM   #129
winged_dreams

Yeah, Lip Service seems to have some really awesome clothes on their site (stupidly expensive though). I did see a nice bright pink fishnet shirt there for 8 bucks on clearance at Hot Topic. Maybe I'll make my fiance buy it for me. I like fishnet. ^^

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 02:48 PM   #130
~Nix Nightingale~

You retarded dumbass. Do you read your posts? You sound snobby and high and mighty. If that's not what you're trying to convey then I suggest you pull YOUR head out of YOUR ass sweetpea. I never used the word ignorant, although maybe I should have. You came on here belting a bunch of crap that WASN'T EVEN RIGHT. Had you actually known what you were talking about and not been such a bitch about it I never even would have posted anything about what you wrote. I never claimed to be the "smart one" but thanks for the compliment.
I broke myself, shattered, tied a bow around every piece, you'll love the eyes. Have they always shown so vacantly? The more I show the less you'll want to know. I can't stop the insects that are feeding, pull the needles from beneath my skin.... ~ A Fire Inside ~
Old 12-07-2005, 04:48 PM   #131
Jane13

X, j00 4r3 +3l-l l337 pwnz3r!!
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 04:59 PM   #132
insane_lover44

i think hot topic is alright. i just normally by the little postcards with fairies and/or dragons on them. i might get a wristband or something small like every once in a while.
that's about it besides one or two band t-shirts every year.

i come from a walmart family, so that's where most of my wardrobe comes from.
insane_lover44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 05:52 PM   #133
horrorgirl

I never shop there because I don't like the way they have exploited subcultures for the almighty dollar. Back in the 80's part of the fun of being punk or goth was searching everywhere for clothing. Now people have just gone lazy and buy whole wardrobes in one store.If people want to shop there that's fine but I never will. There are plenty of independent stores online that sell the same clothing for less.
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 10:38 PM   #134
Shadowed Aegis

Unconscious, it's one thing to have an opinion, but it's completely another thing to go and verbally attack people who state their opinions.
Shadowed Aegis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 10:50 PM   #135
Manimal

Does Hot Topic ever offer coupons?
Manimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 07:09 AM   #136
~Nix Nightingale~

Quote:
Right...no i didnt say i was leaving, get a clue! and yeah...that shit you wrote up there Nix...all SHIT. I couldnt even finish reading it it was such nonsense and untrue. You really cant judge people very well can you. and you really dont know what wrong and right is if you consider me wrong, and you right. and please, dont use MY words by saying the whole head and ass thing, please, use your own material. and "retarded dumbass" wow-harsh, i just might cry...I'M not the snobby one here...i suggest you look around you, and in a mirror. I only act like a bitch to keep up with everyone else. and i can see you have too, asshole. If you dont act like a asshole here, you get treated like shit-if you havent noticed-oh wait, you are too perfect to get treated like that-i guess because you are a bigger dickhead than i am, sorry i have half a heart. i have been here for a few years, and it has always been like that. so dont lecture me...save it for someone who will listen and who needs it! And how wasnt i right? You really should learn to read better. Lay off-i have an opinon, so do you, we live in different places where beliefs and trends are different. wanna judge me? know me first, then maybe your judgements and ignorant comments of rudeness will be relevent...or NOT! shut up now...
You are hilarious. You made my day. You are definitely an AWESOME jugdge of character. Seriously, I'm only rude to people who are rude, you warranted that from me. It takes alot for me to post something like I just did. You didn't give an opinion, you stated something as a fact THAT WASN'T TRUE. Pardon me for calling bullshit when I smelled it. Post what you want in response, I'm not even going to bother more with a lying, self absorbed little wraith as yourself. Good Day.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:37 AM   #137
shattered black heart

Talking Goth Bible and What is Goth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle V
No... I'm certain it was called the Gothic Bible or something to that effect. I'll look up the book you mentioned, though.
I have both books what is goth and the goth bible. My best friend bought them for me and she's a normal.when she gave them to me I burst out laughing. I did read them though and they are pretty good they actually made me into a better goth. The goth bible was also on muchmusic thats were she found them! She bought them from Chapters.(note I live in Canada)
They areboth worth picking up.
shattered black heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 09:59 AM   #138
shattered black heart

Cool

I personally live in calgary so there is no hot topic here. I usally go to bryans and leau Chateau they are expensive but theyhave more grown up clothes and I'm told cause of my height I should wear more grown up clothes. It would be bad if there was a hot topic here cause I would probably spend half my paycheck there and then get pissed off when other people were wearing what I was.
shattered black heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 02:47 PM   #139
Metatron

Quote:
Right...no i didnt say i was leaving, get a clue! and yeah...that shit you wrote up there Nix...all SHIT. I couldnt even finish reading it it was such nonsense and untrue. You really cant judge people very well can you. and you really dont know what wrong and right is if you consider me wrong, and you right. and please, dont use MY words by saying the whole head and ass thing, please, use your own material. and "retarded dumbass" wow-harsh, i just might cry...I'M not the snobby one here...i suggest you look around you, and in a mirror. I only act like a bitch to keep up with everyone else. and i can see you have too, asshole. If you dont act like a asshole here, you get treated like shit-if you havent noticed-oh wait, you are too perfect to get treated like that-i guess because you are a bigger dickhead than i am, sorry i have half a heart. i have been here for a few years, and it has always been like that. so dont lecture me...save it for someone who will listen and who needs it! And how wasnt i right? You really should learn to read better. Lay off-i have an opinon, so do you, we live in different places where beliefs and trends are different. wanna judge me? know me first, then maybe your judgements and ignorant comments of rudeness will be relevent...or NOT! shut up now...
I suggest you go befriend the nearest book on English grammar and stop trying to insult someone that's obviously right. You write like a fourth grader, and that makes this all the more worthless to read.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:25 PM   #140
Corpus_Draconis

There aren't any Hot Topics where I live, but there is a store called Trivvium. They have some cool things in there (like some of their gloves, shoes and collars) but they are WAY too overpriced cuz they're one of the only gothic stores in the area, and I don't know how big that area is, but it's certainly pretty large. It irritates me cuz they're so expensive. I need to get into sewing. Unfortunately, the only sewing machine I have remote access to is the one at my parent's house, and that's tightly controlled by my mother.
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Corpus_Draconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 06:05 PM   #141
Corpus_Draconis

Yeah. I'll just get a cheap sewing machine when I live in a house next year... And find some patterns to alter...
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Corpus_Draconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 06:42 PM   #142
Jane13

This is a bit random, but those whory-french-maid costunme patterns from simplicity make good goth-loli skirts... I thought I would have to make it longer, but I lack long legs, so I actually had to make it shorter to fall at my knees >.o
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Old 12-08-2005, 06:53 PM   #143
rockandrose

I love french maid outfits.

A few months ago, I dressed up as a french maid for a friends costume party.

I looked innocent and slutty. If that makes sense.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:58 PM   #144
Jane13

^.^ That's cool ^.^
-Cinema Strange
Old 12-08-2005, 08:54 PM   #145
deamon doll

I think kids that shop at Hot Topic are posers. Everybody knows that the original style comes from DIY or the underground stores that nobody knows about unless they are into the scene, and that is supporting the scene and not main stream merch. for a franchise
deamon doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 09:06 PM   #146
horrorgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santarea
Gosh. That sounds so hip and goth.
HA!!!! Didn't you know that it's now really 'goth' to call people who shop at Hot Topic poseurs? Of course, most of the people who say that shopped there a year ago.

I'm gothtastically delicious!
Old 12-08-2005, 09:12 PM   #147
horrorgirl

What about those one legged pants they have...now those are nifty. ;-)

I'm gothtastically delicious!
Old 12-08-2005, 09:44 PM   #148
Manimal

heh. He got his "rude on".
Manimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 12:54 AM   #149
Sanctus Dei

Umm... I know I'm a "n00b-type" and all but unconcious-person?

Shut up.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 01:02 AM   #150
Sanctus Dei

There was a subject to this board right? I forgot what it was amongst the pointless whiny "I'm riiight.. your Nooot" drivel.

My spam detector was topping out!!

Okay my worthless opinion: I don't care who shops where, if I like it and it's cheap it's all MINE. I do make exceptions, boots and corsets MUST be quality. (meaning not purchased at Hot Topic.) But anything else is free for all. But now that I think about it, I haven't been to HT since 2003. (selection in both clothing and especially music sucks)
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote