Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 08-14-2007, 02:54 PM   #101
Underwater Ophelia

You and every other chick.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:15 PM   #102
Haunted House

I want this as my first tattoo.
http://www.deathrock.com/rudimentary...mages/ps02.gif
Old 08-14-2007, 05:33 PM   #103
Breathless Horror

Thats AWESOME!

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:42 PM   #104
Lapin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted House
You sure you want that? It seems like if you don't get someone really good, those skulls will come out odd. Actually, they might anyway due to curves on the body...

Ophelia: I can assure you that I will never get a flower tattoed on my body. I like what I have.

Hey, does anyone have a brand?
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:51 AM   #105
TopHaggardDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin
Hey, does anyone have a brand?
I have scarification done, only a small all seeing eye on my calf. That isn't the same though.

I'm getting my conch dermal punched soon.....that could possibly be one of the scariest experiences of my life.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:23 AM   #106
NachtSorcier

I'm too much of a wuss to get a tattoo, but if I ever consumed enough alcohol to get the courage to get one it would be this on my bicep:

Visit my online store: http://www.websofsilver.com
NachtSorcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:25 AM   #107
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachtSorcier
I'm too much of a wuss to get a tattoo, but if I ever consumed enough alcohol to get the courage to get one it would be this on my bicep:

Are you afraid it hurts or something?

I mean, it does hurt, but it's not THAT bad, and it's 100% worth it.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:30 AM   #108
NachtSorcier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Are you afraid it hurts or something?

I mean, it does hurt, but it's not THAT bad, and it's 100% worth it.
Yes, I'm afraid it will hurt. I don't like pain. I mean, if I hurt myself or something, I can handle that, but a tattoo seems like prolonged pain.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:07 AM   #109
chelseagirl

You really shouldn't get a tattoo when you're drunk. The alcohol thins your blood, and you will bleed a LOT, which makes it harder for the tattoo artist to do a good job. The pain really isn't bad.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:11 AM   #110
NachtSorcier

Okay, then I'll get high instead. But then again, suppose that would increase my heartrate and cause me to bleed more anyway. I'll probably just never get a tattoo.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:22 AM   #111
honeythorn

I was thinking of having something across my collarbones. Something like thin vines and small blue flowers... possibly with a little skull or two masquerading as flowers until you look closely. Nothing big though, I don't want a bloody great huge beast of a thing across my front . Just something delicate for a change. All my others are quite bold looking, so I think something a little more feminine would be nice.

I am going for my unicorn for the left shoulderblade. I've had it drawn up for over 3 years! So that one is next
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:25 AM   #112
honeythorn

Quote:
Okay, then I'll get high instead. But then again, suppose that would increase my heartrate and cause me to bleed more anyway. I'll probably just never get a tattoo.
OK. Have you ever tripped over and scraped your hand/knee? you know that kind of hot burning sensation? It's pretty much like that when you have a tattoo ( well it was for me anyway ). Some places hurt more than others of course, but generally I have found it to be fine. Really not as bad as you think it will be . If you work yourself up before having one it will make things worse. Plus you must sit very still so jittering about isn't an option.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:31 AM   #113
NachtSorcier

Like I said, I'll probably never get one, because if I tried I would just embarrass myself.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:36 PM   #114
Lapin

Actually, most reputable parlors won't tattoo you if you appear intoxicated or under the influence of drugs anymore. They were having problems with sue-happy people apparantly.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:58 PM   #115
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin
most reputable parlors won't tattoo you if you appear intoxicated
Well, hell.
I wanted to get a tattoo but I know I wouldn't dare unless I was drunk. XD

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:04 PM   #116
honeythorn

It can be terribly addictive. I would love full sleeves, but my arms are too big so I won't bother. It would look terrible.

I saw a magazine article on dermal implants, they look interesting. I don't think I would like one though. Except perhaps the horns, but I think that would upset my mother. She refuses to allow me to get a surface piercing while I am still living at home
Old 08-16-2007, 08:22 PM   #117
xfromthawombtothatombx

Quote:
Just FYI, 99% of those piercings are temporary.
Most piercings are.
xfromthawombtothatombx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:36 PM   #118
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfromthawombtothatombx
Most piercings are.
I have to assume you mean can be temporary.

Anyway, with corset piercings, almost every time...you HAVE to take them out very very soon. Those are usually a one night deal.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:41 PM   #119
kwaniesiam

Quote:
I have to assume you mean can be temporary.

Anyway, with corset piercings, almost every time...you HAVE to take them out very very soon. Those are usually a one night deal.
Not nessecarily. Permanent corset piercings have been achieved using surface bars, but it would be very risky and have a high rate of rejection plus you'd have to be devoted to it and healing them as they are typically on your back and would be subject to a lot of knocking around and friction from clothing. Just search the BMEzine's Modblog section for corset piercings and a few pemanent ones will come up.

But I agree in the context, corset piercings are generally for play when done with captive bead rings and can leave nasty scarring afterwards.
kwaniesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:52 PM   #120
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaniesiam
Not nessecarily. Permanent corset piercings have been achieved using surface bars, but it would be very risky and have a high rate of rejection plus you'd have to be devoted to it and healing them as they are typically on your back and would be subject to a lot of knocking around and friction from clothing. Just search the BMEzine's Modblog section for corset piercings and a few pemanent ones will come up.

But I agree in the context, corset piercings are generally for play when done with captive bead rings and can leave nasty scarring afterwards.
Yeah. You realize I said "almost every time?"
Please don't respond to my posts unless you read them correctly.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:00 AM   #121
NachtSorcier

I think she was just trying to offer additional information. You don't have to be so bitchy at someone who's just trying to post about the topic at hand.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:06 AM   #122
kwaniesiam

Quote:
Yeah. You realize I said "almost every time?"
Please don't respond to my posts unless you read them correctly.
Sorry?

Anyway, I don't have any tattoos yet but when I can afford it, I designed a faerie that is going on the back of my right shoulder. The significance of a faerie to me is that my great aunt who passed away was always a nature lover. She took care of stray animals, fed the wild critters, and gardened. She was also the closest person in my family to me. I have a scarification of a flower on my upper right thigh done with a scalpel. Branding as always been rather intersting, though I don't think I'll be getting any anytime soon.

My nostril piercing didn't hurt a bit. Actually I didn't even feel it. The septum, however did sting more than I expected.
kwaniesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:35 AM   #123
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
I think she was just trying to offer additional information. You don't have to be so bitchy at someone who's just trying to post about the topic at hand.
No, I don't have to be, but as of late, everyone has been misquoting me or just being careless reading my posts, and jumping to make me look like an asshole.

So I'm getting pissed when people bother to reply to my posts, but don't bother to read them carefully.

And to the person this is all about, don't worry about it, just read posts carefully.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:08 PM   #124
NachtSorcier

I really don't think anyone is on any kind of vendetta to make you look like an asshole. People misunderstand each other all the time. It's the Internet, it's not like we can see each other's faces or hear each other's tones. It happens to me all the time as well. Get used to it or unplug your computer.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:23 PM   #125
xfromthawombtothatombx

Rodney King says we should all just get along.
xfromthawombtothatombx is offline   Reply With Quote