Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 08-14-2007, 05:48 AM   #26
LaBelleDameSansMerci

The price of my clothes varies. I've spent anywhere between 2$Canadian and 120$Canadian.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:44 AM   #27
delicti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splintered
If you're talking about me...
I'm a guy.
Oh, my bad. Sorry about that! Well, the good news is, you should definitely stick with a waist cincher instead of a corset. But not unless you're so thin that you don't need it in the first place.

Anyways,

You should probably swing by to see what they have first at least. The inventory is always changing at thrift stores, but not so much. I usually try to spend one trip finding things, then another trip picking them up.

You're also going to want to grab a bunch of different women's pants and try them on for size. Men's pants are incredibly boring, so unless you want to spend $50-$80 a pair for name brand stuff, you'll probably need to get used to buttoning on the right hand side. ;-)

It can make a huge difference in price if you go on the right day. Keep in mind that most stuff is going to fall in the $5-30 range, with most things you want being about $10, so instead of getting 10 pieces for $10 - well, you can do the math.

If you want cheap goggles (since it seems to be a cyber staple), you might want to go to a Home Depot and look for welding glasses. I've though about that type of thing for Steampunk-inspired outfits, they might work for cyber as well.

Outside of that, I hate to say it, but cyber is a very expensive look to pull off. You're probably better off only doing little accents of it if you can. Not only will it save you money, but the token guy in a Current 93 or Dead In June t-shirt at your local club will probably be more likely to be willing to talk to you, too. (And believe me, you want him to recommend you albums)
Old 08-14-2007, 08:37 AM   #28
Splintered

Alright. I think I'll wait until Saturday/Sunday then. I have to run the store anyway today, and unless I don't want to get paid, I have to be there.

And... I'm not a cybergoth either. O.o
I'm just... Me. I will seriously try anything short of walking out in a skirt (and I can be convinced to that too). Although, goggles do sound nice. Very nice... *Drools*
Old 08-14-2007, 10:59 AM   #29
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splintered
Alright. I think I'll wait until Saturday/Sunday then. I have to run the store anyway today, and unless I don't want to get paid, I have to be there.

And... I'm not a cybergoth either. O.o
I'm just... Me. I will seriously try anything short of walking out in a skirt (and I can be convinced to that too). Although, goggles do sound nice. Very nice... *Drools*
For some reason, I was under the impression you were: A. female, and B. rivet/industrial.

Lol, sorry!
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:26 PM   #30
minotaur

I don't know if you have resale shops where you live, but if you do I suggest stopping by. Not thrift stores, but shops that pay people for their old clothes.

I've got one around me that's mostly affordable and has lots of random shit that's in pretty good shape. I think you could find some neat accessories at one of those places if you have one.

However, in the vein of acessories, it's almost always a good idea to go light on them. Especially if you're a guy. Wearing too much stuff is not only high maintenance, but can more often than not look kind of sloppy. But like, buying a few items basic to your look would be a good choice now.

Good luck ;D
minotaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:56 PM   #31
magickaykay

Like all the thirft stores here only sell ubran style clothing,and ugly clothes.I just can never find anything good there/
magickaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:30 PM   #32
LeanonSidhe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porphyria
Go to a consignment shop or a swap meet.
What's a swap meet and how do I find one? I hate wearing the same thing more than a couple times, and it sounds like something I might like. Thanks!
LeanonSidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:19 PM   #33
Splintered

So, I got put on babysitting duty over a little kid, so I can't go that far. Luckily, I got to go the dollar store. (It was because the kid wanted to go, but they, I'm not biting the hand that feeds me.)

My budget is $100. No more, no less. Simply because I have no more, and really I don't feel like spending less.

At the dollar store, I got:

248 Safety Pins

10 (Actually 9, I broke one) Filter Masks

And finally.

Two chains, one of which is now on my wallet.

Total cost (With three glowsticks, because they're cool).
$15.

That was fun.