Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 06-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
RavenOfDeath

What sites/stores do you get your clothing from??

Just looking for some recommendations.
RavenOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #2
FlorenceFearne

I think you'll need to be more forthcoming about what style you like. Unless you're looking for something very subculture specific like Tripp bondage pants or band t shirts, most goths I know just get their clothes at the same stores where everyone else shops. Target, Macy's, H&M, Kohls, White House Black Market, and even Walmart all carry lots of black, and lace and pleather are easy to find this year. It's how you wear it that matters in that case, not where you got it.

Thrift stores are an obvious recommendation too, but obviously your results will vary widely. Some days you may find nothing but Cosby sweaters, and sometimes you'll find more black velvet than you can carry home.

For what it's worth, I personally buy most of my new clothes at Macy's, Kohls, or off eBay.
FlorenceFearne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #3
RavenOfDeath

I personally am not a fan of Tripp. I really don't even like shopping at Hot Topic anymore. Sadly my town doesn't have a Macy's or even a Target. I found a fishnet shirt at Goodwill one day, but that's it. So I don't have much luck finding clothing around here. I may give ebay a try though.
RavenOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #4
Acharis

I tend to look anywhere and everywhere as I walk past, sometimes something decent jumps out at you in an otherwise unremarkable shop.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #5
Frozen_Stars

When I lived in Sweden, I would shop from www.odiumclothing.net
When I lived in England, I got most of my stuff from www.bluebanana.com
Here in Japan, I'm still looking for some decent place. Most of the clothig I see is just pink, yellow and beige.
Frozen_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:53 AM   #6
lydontaylor

I am a Australian and i prefer the clothing designs of Etnix, Byron Bay a renowned online clothing supplier . The clothing designs are exclusive and cheap in price.
lydontaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #7
OpheliaLight

It really depends on what I'm getting. Generally it's good to keep in mind to not focus on what all the gawth stores are but rather what you can do with something. You can recreate an outfit using a lot less money at "normal" stores, and imo it's not worth spending that much on something just because it has a association with "goth".

Forever 21 (I can hear everyone sighing) has versatile pieces at low prices. They have cheap tank tops you can use for layering They're really helpful to me because they hug the body tightly but comfortably and it goes with a lot of my stuff. You can also find things in there that can work in your wardrobe, my friend found a forever 21 black lace jacket, and one day I was surprised to see that the store had a fishnet shirt on their website. It was dark blue, and you can make a fishnet shirt yourself for really cheap but, still. They also have lots of spiky jewlery and cuffs, and tights too. One of my favorite tights from F 21 is these bright purple fishnets.
note: I heard some weird things about forever 21, something about them not having the "cleanest" cotton if you know what I mean.. As much as I feel bad supporting that kind of thing my shopping there most likely won't change as long as I'm poor school kid..or until I find a better store with similar prices.

Thrifting - St. Paul's is pretty good (if you have one nearby). I once found a fishnet jacket with no rips in it or anything, for 2 bucks in there.
I also found a black vest cutoff I plan to put on buckles on..eventually. Just keep your mind open because thrifting is probably my number one way to save money on clothes and it helps you not have that awkward moment when you have the same shirt as someone else.

Walmart - Take advantage of Halloween when all the cool tights and jewelry go on sale. I recently stocked up on fishnets and found a cool spiderweb pattern and striped purple and orange tights, and they were all around 3 bucks each I believe. I took one of the fishnets and made it into a fishnet shirt (wore it under a tank), and still deciding what I want to do with the rest..

Hot Topic - I'd only go there for stuff like fishnet gloves or something, but honestly you're better off staying away from here because I find that the quality is weird and the prices are a bit too high for my liking.

I hope this helps I would recommend more but I'm not sure if I talked too much. :X
OpheliaLight is offline   Reply With Quote