Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 11-24-2005, 07:47 PM   #76
joyslayer

yeah, but Normality lies within the eye of the beholder. It all depends on how big of a jackass the person who is in charge of the school is whether or whether not the school allows 'goth clothes' to be worn.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
joyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 09:08 PM   #77
talon

My teachers are weird. Only this year have i started wearing all black to school. Before i started doing that they were alright with me because i wasn't an arsehole like most people in my class. Now that i wear black to school, they'll try to avoid me or won't talk to me as they would before.
As long as I get my work done i suppose.
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 09:10 PM   #78
joyslayer

yeah, i suppose you are right. But i REALLY dislike teachers. (no offense if any one here is)

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 11-24-2005, 09:19 PM   #79
Circle V

That is a strange thing to say. Teachers are just as different from each other as Goths are. The fucktard to sentient being ratio is probably better among teachers.

I, for one, like most of my teachers. Only one ever even mentions how I dress, and that is just because she doesn't like my spikes. I get along especially well with my art teacher. He appreciates students that are actually interested in art, I suppose. There is only one other Goth in school, and I believe that she's on good terms with him as well.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:27 PM   #80
joyslayer

hmm, well, i suppose it depends on the teacher.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 11-24-2005, 09:31 PM   #81
Circle V

I agree. I've had a few teachers that just cried out for me to kill them. I didn't though, seeing as I needed the credits.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:33 PM   #82
joyslayer

yeah, i know thta feeling.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 11-25-2005, 04:32 AM   #83
IlGato_DiDiablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightwishCobain
we aren't allowed facial peircings which sucks because i really want my eyebrow peirced lol
Yea well the skool i go to has a full dress code. What i could say to you is that you're lucky that you're not where i am. Its a hellhole. We have to wear long navy blue skirts with baby blue long sleeved shirts. No jewellery no extreme hair color no nail polish nothing. I've got my eyebrow peirced and if they catch me with it, which happened before, ill get expelled. The only good thing about this skool is that u could wear black shoes and long black coats. I do that even though the weather over here is over 40 degrees. Thank god ill be moving next year to a skool that doesnt have a bunch of stupid rules.
IlGato_DiDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 07:55 AM   #84
katsumy

in my skool is the same thing do not use any thing on u that is black ... i just hate the bright colors they are evil .... religion its evil...... im goin mad!!!!
- last year was like a goth heaven this year is a religious convent !! I HATE PRIVATE SKOOLS!
katsumy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 09:34 AM   #85
joyslayer

hehehehe, i have never been to a private-uniformed school. I think i'm pretty lucky that way. Although i share your pain, that reallywould suck.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 11-25-2005, 10:34 AM   #86
1fucanredth1sura1readyded

Angry

my high skool hates gothics cuz 4 some reason a crazy gothic killed someone with a spiked ckoke chain so my teaches r looking over my shoulder like a hawk and r waiting 4 me to do something 2 someone so they can sew me or some thing, its really anoying
1fucanredth1sura1readyded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 10:53 AM   #87
joyslayer

yeah, i could see that. Just because we dress differently does not make us all evil murdering satanists, well, most of us anyway. Some people are really closed minded.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 11-25-2005, 10:55 AM   #88
Disfunction

It's funny, because "normal" people commit violent acts, too.

Strangle someone with a shirt; let's ban shirts?

Last edited by Disfunction; 11-25-2005 at 10:56 AM. Reason: tfytfytf NOT shit
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 10:56 AM   #89
joyslayer

hehehehe, true true.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 11-27-2005, 12:47 PM   #90
xXambivalenceXx

No unnatural hair colors *Fuck them, my hair stays blue black or plum purple.*
No facial piercings
No Distracting Hair styles.
Uniforms (Black, White or Navy polo shirt with Navy or Khaki pants. No Alterations, no labels.)
Jackets cannot have skulls, studs, or other 'offensive' material on them.
No pocket chains.
Males cannot wear earrings or makeup.
No collars. (I got mine taken... assholes)
No heavy chains anywhere.
No studded belts.

EDIT:
Almost forgot.
No hoodies unless they come from the DeRidder High School Athletics Department!
Hoodies with out zippers are taken.
No dusters, trench coats.
No messenger bags

We're not supposed to wear undershirts either, but I wear my black lace one all the time.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:49 PM   #91
xXambivalenceXx

Someone might get the impression that I would go to a private school... But hell no, I go to a shitty public school in Louisiana. >.< Assholes.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:52 PM   #92
needsagrave

They don't care at our school.. they just have a No tattoos and No piercings [except ears and nose] rule. There are a ton of goth, punk, emo, etc.. kids at our school.. so there's not too much they can do unless they want to lose half the students. I know a few people who left because they kept getting in shit because of a lip ring.. I don't see the point of these rules; it's not distracting anyone from working, it's not like someone's getting to school in a super tight mini skirt with a bikini top or something.. because there ARE some people who would wear something like that at my school.
needsagrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 05:19 PM   #93
joyslayer

yeah, same at my school too. But they only watch the "out of place kids" a.k.a any goths, punks, or emos, but the preps cant get into ANY trouble, its annoying beyond fucking belief

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 11-28-2005, 05:52 AM   #94
IlGato_DiDiablo

Well if there were english public schools where I am then I'd definately goto it. Since it's an arabic country, there's no such thing. Toooo religious over here! Its crazy. Private schools here are the only places where they try to educate you in english, my teacher's crazy she was a goth and totally respects the goths in my school and actually insulted a teacher infront of the whole school when she said that all goths are anti-religious bad influenced and drug addicts,they should get arrested! I told her to go fuck herself...

I like my english teacher she's been drumming for a long time so... she'd always give me tips when she sees me and friends jam in the music room...
IlGato_DiDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 08:42 AM   #95
Moonie

i weep for the future.

alright highschool kiddies, you say fuck the world and society but you know what? thats complete b.s. you're giving the rest of us a bad image, do you realize that the only reason that half of you are goth was because of a little store called "hot topic"?

when i was in highschool it was a crime to try to be different, now its freaking cool. i got the crap beat out of me because i was the strange one, freak, alternative "dark one". and i wasnt the worst one, there were other kids like me and we couldnt catch a break for daring to be different.

black eyeliner and nail polish doesnt make you goth! its a way of life people, not a way of fashion wear!
Moonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 08:52 AM   #96
Moonie

the message was intended to the 6th, 7th and 8th graders that flood here. not to anyone that is actually out of highschool.

Xng-yeah, i know that its a futile thing to try and speak the truth. sad isnt it?

*sniffle*
Moonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 02:53 PM   #97
joyslayer

good point, and the sad Thing is the fact that its true. When half the people get out of highschool, If they can last that long, the "phase" of being an actual goth is over.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 11-28-2005, 03:12 PM   #98
Tall One In Black

ambivalence:
I sympathize. My high school experience was very similar, just substitute Georgia for Louisiana. For at least five years after I graduated, I couldn't help but classify all clothes as "dress code" or "not dress code," and I refused to wear the dress code ones. To this day, I can't bring myself to wear a button-down shirt with pants (that's what was required at my school). And loafers! Just the thought of wearing loafers makes me want to vomit.

The good thing is that high school will only last a couple more years, and when you're in college you can wear whatever you want.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:41 PM   #99
katsumy

well at least your "public" skool are much better than mine is..... I HATE PRIVATE SKOOLS!!... i hate my parents for that... i wanted a public skool like every one else... they think (parents) that the skool makes the person, HELL NO, the person makes the skool!!!...
I LOVE TO BE A GOTH!!
katsumy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 04:53 PM   #100
joyslayer

well, yeah. You've got a point.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil