Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 12-22-2005, 04:55 AM   #126
IlGato_DiDiablo

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nix Nightingale~
It shouldn't be too late, she hasn't gotten that much bigger yet i'm sure. you should tell her, because even though she didn't start it from the begining, doesn't mean it can't prevent more, or keep it from getting worse.

Good luck on your Tattoo sweetie! The ankle won't hurt more than a bit. My artist told me i picked 2 of the worst places to get tattooed... I have my whole back done, and a halfsleeve with a bunch of stuff under my arm and up into my armpit...
Great! Then i'll tell her so..I'm 17 and i've never been pregnant either and I never knew about the cocoa butter, but anyways I think full back tattoo's are hot. I've seen my freind getting her full back tattooed...I thought i was going to go deaf!!

Thank you !
IlGato_DiDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 04:56 PM   #127
joyslayer

My advice, don't watch other people getting peircings or tattoos, every person reacts differently to different amounts of pain. So what might look like a lot of pain, could end up being very little when you yourself gets it done.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
joyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 06:24 AM   #128
Bride_Of_Satan

Location: Blyth, UK - its a weird place but I was born and bred here so I've got to love it.
I usually faint if I get too scared or nervous so there's no way I'll ever be able to get a tattoo or piercing. Use clip ons or magnetic ones then sign tattoos with felt tip pens, they only last a while but at least you won't grow with it (Which could mean you'll get bored of it eventually).
Bride_Of_Satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 12:12 PM   #129
joyslayer

I dunno, I mean, If you really like the tattoo, you just can't get bored with it.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 12-23-2005, 12:19 PM   #130
horrorgirl

Every tattoo I have represents a different time of my life, so I will never regret any of them.

I'm gothtastically delicious!
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 12:26 PM   #131
joyslayer

There we go again with the symbolism. Oh wells.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 12-23-2005, 12:58 PM   #132
horrorgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyslayer
There we go again with the symbolism. Oh wells.
If the tattoos you get don't mean anything to you then what is the point? They better mean something because you are going to have them for the rest of your life.

Old 12-23-2005, 02:24 PM   #133
joyslayer

What ever happend to the random decision? Honestly, as long as they look alright, what difference does it make?

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 12-23-2005, 02:57 PM   #134
~Nix Nightingale~

Different strokes for different folks kids...

All my tattoos mean something to me... But, as long as you are happy with what you have, what others think doesn't matter. They are for you.

<3
I broke myself, shattered, tied a bow around every piece, you'll love the eyes. Have they always shown so vacantly? The more I show the less you'll want to know. I can't stop the insects that are feeding, pull the needles from beneath my skin.... ~ A Fire Inside ~
~Nix Nightingale~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 03:41 PM   #135
Metatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorgirl
If the tattoos you get don't mean anything to you then what is the point? They better mean something because you are going to have them for the rest of your life.
I don't think someone would get a tattoo if it didn't mean anything to them. Really, just think about it.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:11 PM   #136
Velvet Rain Drops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metatron
I don't think someone would get a tattoo if it didn't mean anything to them. Really, just think about it.
My older brother got a tattoo just for the hell of it. He told me he was high when he got it, I don't know if he likes it but he dosent want to get it removed.
Velvet Rain Drops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 11:08 PM   #137
horrorgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metatron
I've known people in the past who got them just to be rebellious. People do extremely dumb things.

Old 12-23-2005, 11:51 PM   #138
IlGato_DiDiablo

My brother has 2 tattoos...one that has a meaning and the other doesn't...I getting my tattoo done in 2 days and I thought long and hard about it, it'll mean alot to me 'cause it's something I like! I don't want to have a tattoo with no meaning!!!
Old 12-24-2005, 12:16 AM   #139
IlGato_DiDiablo

Well, the rose idea is fantastic! I think that is such a great idea, I did ask my mother, however, if she would like to get the same tattoo.. She said that she really isn't into it.. She has bad experience with tattoos! I was supposed to get my tattoo's done in june, but my artist also made me wait as well for that same reason.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:18 PM   #140
joyslayer

I take you two have long-term tatto artists?

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 12-26-2005, 12:31 PM   #141
WolfMoon

Currently I've got 2. I recently got one on my chest, just a small tribal. It's the same exact one that my husband has , in the same spot. The tattoing didn't seem to last nearly long enough for me. The artist actually missed a couple of small spots, I'm thinking of having a different person fill in the spots and mirroring the image. I still have my dragon (right shoulder) which symbolizes the beginning of my new life in 2000.

Sadly, there are no new peircings to speak of, yet. My husband wanted to get me a septum peircing for Christmas, but I'm not sure that I can handle it with my allergies.

Joy, some people are lucky enough to find a good artist that they are compatible with. For the rest of us, we have to shop around. I'd rather find a long-term artist, but haven't, yet.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 12:32 PM   #142
urian

I've got the tribal on my right arm that frames the pheonix and covers a thunderbird. I've got a custom bear claw on my right shoulder blade, a green tribal in the middle of my back just under my neck, a celtic knot on my left shoulder blade, a red and black sun covering an ahnk on my left arm, the kanji for dragon under the sun. I have a large dragon on my outer right calf(hybrid european and oriental), an oriental dragon around a tribal on my outer left calf, two smaller dragons on both of my inner ankles, and a dark and brooding face on my outer left ankle.
I started getting my tats in 1993 and I have continued getting more whenever I have the money to add. The tribal on my right arm will , eventually, wrap itself around my shoulders and back and come over to my left arm.

I've also had my tongue pierced and both of my nipples have been done twice.

Otfw has two custom pieces on the back of her neck. One of a dolphin and the other a turtle. Both times she got inked, I got inked as well. It was kind of a cool little date.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:29 PM   #143
Needled

I have 6 lobe piercings and 2 cartilage, a labret, an eyebrow, and most recently my tongue. My mom doesn't like the idea of tattoos.. so those will have to wait. I'm more partial to piercings though. My sister has a great deal of tattoos. I only want a couple small tattoos.. I like Chinese and Japanese symbols, so those are some contenders.
Needled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 07:54 PM   #144
joyslayer

*looks around for my tattoos* Lets see, I have a black rose and a red butterfly on my lower lower back, A symbol for lust and passion intertwined in red and black on my left shoulder blade, a peacock on my right shoulder blade, on my upper left thigh I have a heart with one half that looks like it is wilting, on my left breast I have two love birds looking away from eachother and leading down to my stomach and leading up to my upper chest I have a rose-vine scene, and as that goes down, it begin to turn black and it eventually turns to ashes. Both of my ears are doubled pierced. I used to have my eyebrow, lip, and tongue, but complications happend and all were ripped out.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 12-28-2005, 08:02 PM   #145
joyslayer

I should post some pics, But most tattoos Are in certain places in which might be left un posted, I didn't mention alot of them. (for various reasons) But I am having a problem with them fading away. I have had the ink checked out, but they say its my skins fault. It is most crazy.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 12-28-2005, 08:06 PM   #146
darkestblessing

I have 9 piercings: 2 in each ear; eyebrow (right side), tongue, navel, and both nipples.
I have 4 tattoos: dagger-rose wrapped in barbwire (lower left side back); tribal dragon (left side shoulder blade); black fairy (right side shoulder blade); Hindu goddess (center of my back). The last one still has to have the rest of the color put into it.
darkestblessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 09:13 PM   #147
joyslayer

Teehee, well when you put it like that......... *gets camera*

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 12-28-2005, 09:30 PM   #148
joyslayer

*pouts* I can't find it.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 12-30-2005, 11:34 AM   #149
Needled

Anyone who has piercings and tattoos repeatedly hears those 3 little words...

DID THAT HURT?

Here are examples of conversations I have had with idiots on the street, when the topic of my piercings comes up:

IDIOT: Yo, did that shit hurt?
ME: No
IDIOT: Yeah, I bet that shit hurt!

Or

IDIOT: Yo, that shit hurt?
ME: Yes.
IDIOT: Yo, my boy got tons of tatz and rings, he said that shit don't hurt!
ME: Then why the fuck did you ask?

The final question that I have not yet prepared myself for---

IDIOT: Yo, that shit real?
Needled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:58 PM   #150
joyslayer

What you should do, Is start chasing the people that ask you the questions aroung the piercing gun. That might shut them up.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil