Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 06-14-2005, 04:32 AM   #51
edible_eye

pretty close.

how are you at horseshoes?
Old 06-14-2005, 08:33 AM   #52
Soulburn

Quote:
Guess who gets most of Iraq's exported oil? Not the US. How about second in line? Nope. Looks like oil-hog countries such as China profited from our war more than we did. Especially since they didn't make the investments we did in "getting to it.".
No offense but China does have almost one billion more people than we do .... and use only a third of the amount of oil.
Soulburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:22 AM   #53
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulburn
No offense but China does have almost one billion more people than we do .... and use only a third of the amount of oil.
it's not enough to cite a statistic such as this, dropping it down like "that settles that", without proper qualification. sure, china's population is huge compared to that of the united states and yes - comparatively, person-per-person, china uses less oil, but the percentage of industrialized china versus that of the usa is also vastly smaller. china, however, is becoming more industrialized, growing in leaps and bounds actually, and it is for that reason, when oil consumption is on the rise in china, that binkie says they have profited much more than the u.s. since our consumption has remained relatively stable.

context, my friend. put it in context.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:36 AM   #54
Binkie

Exactly. China may only use a third of the oil, but that's because their economy is smaller than that of the US' and their per capita is tiny in comparison to the extent that China is still considered a poor country in wide-range standards. None of this, however, negates the fact that they've profited the most from the Iraq War in terms of oil sales.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:49 AM   #55
edible_eye

now, just because...

Old 06-14-2005, 09:50 AM   #56
edible_eye

Old 06-14-2005, 09:59 AM   #57
edible_eye

Old 06-14-2005, 11:14 AM   #58
CptSternn

Thats a good picture, but its just a picture. This is the political cartoon thread.

This one ROCKS. An aquarium joke and an oreily joke all in one.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 11:37 AM   #59
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
Thats a good picture, but its just a picture. This is the political cartoon thread.
aw, come on sternn. you're an intelligent and quippy guy. you could come up with your own captions - like...

support the ira or else.
we're watching.

you know. stuff like that.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:46 AM   #60
edible_eye

ok. here's a cartoon to help get your juices flowing.

i think i'm going to vote today
in our free election.

just out of curiosity...
is it for sinn fein, punk?
(click)
is it?
Old 06-14-2005, 12:00 PM   #61
Soulburn

My reply wasn't to settle any matter, it was just that you can't really call China an "Oil-hog Nation" when we use so much more than they do, maybe in the next decade or so they'll be closer to par with us but until then .....

Old 06-14-2005, 12:04 PM   #62
Binkie

LOL. That's hilarious. We need to start caption contests on this thread.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Old 06-14-2005, 02:46 PM   #63
CptSternn

CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 09:53 AM   #64
edible_eye

Old 06-15-2005, 05:39 PM   #65
edible_eye

Old 06-15-2005, 05:40 PM   #66
edible_eye

Old 06-15-2005, 05:44 PM   #67
edible_eye

Old 06-18-2005, 09:05 PM   #68
Binkie

Old 06-18-2005, 09:06 PM   #69
AlKilyu

AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 06:16 AM   #70
edible_eye

Old 06-24-2005, 09:00 PM   #71
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
two things i find funny -

1.) that morbideus puts in his / her two cents without even knowing the name of the country that has raised an entire generation with one, common goal - to hate america and to want to kill americans. it's practically the north korean mantra. and it's far from an ego fight. when vague threats are laid down to send nukes our way - that takes talk way outside the realm of ego and into the realm of... well... threat.

2.) that anyone would be surprised at how france and canada were unable to stop a slaughter of millions in a foreign land - when they couldn't even stop a slaughter on their home turf.

but of course - it's america's fault that the africans are just as savage as those in the middle east. if we'd stayed in rwanda and stopped the slaughter, we'd no doubt have been labeled just as "horrible" because we would have killed people on the other side.

is it just me or is this whole - america sucks if they do and america sucks if they don't - argument getting really old and tired?
Yeah, what are they gonna do next? Blame America for all the pedophilia and ****** of adolecents that the U.N. soldiers are committing in Africa? Blame us for their dumbasses getting people pregnant over their and refusing to take responsibility for their raging hormones and perverted lusts?

I'm getting a bit tired of everyone coppin' the attitude too, Mark.

If they're gonna hate us, hate us for being the only nation that was able to gain it's own independance. Or should I say envy us? Sometimes I wonder if that's not the whole issue. Buncha losers.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 09:06 PM   #72
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn

Great sentiment from the IRA! We already know what happens to people who stand up to the IRA.

:wink:
Old 07-03-2005, 05:17 AM   #73
edible_eye

Old 07-05-2005, 09:46 AM   #74
Soulburn

OH MY GOD~! Edible that is one of the best shirts I've ever seen~!
Old 07-05-2005, 09:03 PM   #75
WolfMoon

Love that shirt, Mark!!!

Where can I get one?