Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:02 AM   #7576
MissCheyenne

Still another month to wait until I can start my physio. I hate to be mardy over it but I've been waiting over six months as it is. I honestly feel like nobody is taking my pain seriously. Just because I've lived with it a long time it doesn't make it any less painful. It's also getting harder and harder to use my entire left arm, even something as basic as typing is getting hard as I can only use one finger of my left hand to do it so it takes forever.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #7577
cannibalnuns

Your pain is your own, you can't expect anyone to take it seriously unless they are suffering through the same pain. I wish you the best but that is all I can say.
Firmness in enduring and exertion is a character I always wish to possess. I have always despised the whining yelp of complaint and cowardly resolve.- Robert Burns
cannibalnuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:03 PM   #7578
AshleyO

So I was just browsing over some other website's political forum and well...

It makes me want to swallow a folded up Frisbee and die.

I'm sitting there reading what looks like proletariat outrage just ALL OVER THE PLACE and then it always seems like even IF they ever managed to shrug off the overclasses, there'd be too many of the proletariat that still believe in the free market.

SMH. I don't think anyone wants to play fair anymore or ever did.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:28 PM   #7579
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannibalnuns View Post
...you can't expect anyone to take it seriously unless they are suffering through the same pain.
Not true.

I've never had a terminal illness, but I took the fact that my patients were in pain VERY fucking seriously.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:23 PM   #7580
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
I've been in Hawaii for a week. Just a week and already am I homesick and aggravated to the point of wanting to throw up. I've gotten myself into a drunken religious debate, you know when they say the same thing over and over so many times, you can't get a word of reason or logic in. I have heard my work buddies point out "trannies" or "transvestites" both words annoy the hell out of me. I am somehow getting caught up in conversations about "fags wanting bras in the prisons and how it's bullshit". It's making it so much harder not to yell at them, "YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT ME AND MY FUCKING PEOPLE!", but all I can do is suck it up and keep on pretending I don't know what they are talking about, correcting them without giving my self away. But, FUCK, I thought at least the people I worked with were more open to different things in the world. I had the idea that if I had come out to my unit, no one would give two shits. I hate being proven wrong, especially by how twisted their opinions are.

You can't come out to work "friends" most of the time. It's tempting to because you spend so much of your life and time with these people, but they are just co workers. I learned that recently discussing religion with a few coworkers. They will ignore every attempt at reasoning, especially when asked things like "How does hating other people make you a better christian when your savior told you to love EVERYONE like he loves you?" I wish that no one cared about things that are really none of their goddamned business in the first fucking place!

I'm sorry that your coworkers are also such bigots, hun.

*HUGZ*

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:25 PM   #7581
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
Still another month to wait until I can start my physio. I hate to be mardy over it but I've been waiting over six months as it is. I honestly feel like nobody is taking my pain seriously. Just because I've lived with it a long time it doesn't make it any less painful. It's also getting harder and harder to use my entire left arm, even something as basic as typing is getting hard as I can only use one finger of my left hand to do it so it takes forever.
I'm glad that it's only another month, but I'm sorry that it will be another month of hell for you, MissC. *HUGZ*

Old 07-12-2012, 01:58 AM   #7582
Murder.Of.Crows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
You can't come out to work "friends" most of the time. It's tempting to because you spend so much of your life and time with these people, but they are just co workers. I learned that recently discussing religion with a few coworkers. They will ignore every attempt at reasoning, especially when asked things like "How does hating other people make you a better christian when your savior told you to love EVERYONE like he loves you?" I wish that no one cared about things that are really none of their goddamned business in the first fucking place!

I'm sorry that your coworkers are also such bigots, hun.

*HUGZ*

Thanks Graus and everyone else I haven't had the chance to say that to. Strange how a bunch of strangers met over the internet always seems to make me feel better, whatever my issues are.

Reading my post though, I'm a bit embarrassed, because it was a quickly typed rant filled mostly with anger. Way to many mistakes in it. lol

They aren't really bigots, which is what bugs me. They are ignorant about the things they talk about and the way they talk about them. And, I can't correct them without giving away the fact that I actually know what I'm talking about because I have first hand knowledge. So I usually go ignored as the silly kid that wants the world to be better. Or some shit like that...
Old 07-12-2012, 05:32 AM   #7583
CIRQUEFREAK91

I have a fuckin' tooth ache on my right second-molar. Anyone know any legit home-made remedies before my dentist appointment next week?
CIRQUEFREAK91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:10 AM   #7584
Acharis

Clove oil (sold in some chemists) dabbed on the sore tooth with a cotton bud, it'll numb you somewhat because of the eugenol. Just don't get any on the soft parts of your mouth.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #7585
Catch

Bigots sucks lemon flavored hot dogs dipped in celery paste.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #7586
honeythorn

I wonder how many other people have had to buy Tena lady for a rabbit....

Titus has been struck with E.Cuniculi, it's parylsed him. Vet has given me medicine ( Panacur ) , he may or may not recover. I suspect he will need to be put down, but I seriously hope he won't need that.

But because of the way his back legs have positioned, he keeps pissing all over his bottom leg. So to mitigate the damage and to save me constantly washing him and potentially making him sore, I've bought some Tena lady pads to catch most of the piss . They have anti odour in them too ( for preventing old lady piss stench ) and since male rabbit piss is quite strong, this should help.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #7587
Class-Punk

Well earlier this week I had a dizzy spell that lasted over an hour and made me feel at times like I was drunk. I was supposed to get a radiology test but couldn't afford it, and a couple days after the dizzy spell I had consistent, albeit mild heart palpitations which I've had slight pinches or pressure since. Decided to work out, still sore from the deadlifts, and I think it lowered my blood pressure and generally helped.

I woke up yesterday at 1 AM, tried to get some REM sleep and failed, puked up specks of blood around 3:30 PM (at this point which I'm used to) which I'm now thinking might be from my heart instead of my stomach, then quickly took off and drove in a heatwave (my car has no a/c) to a mandatory college orientation. My sleep schedule is pretty messed up, and I feel like I'm in some kind of limbo state right now; so I will hold out as long as I can because I need to be up for a wedding tomorrow. This is most but not all, of the weird stuff that's happened this week, I've given up writing in detail about Kundalini symptoms.

This is really between a rant, pride at being alive, and sleep-deprived rambling.
Class-Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #7588
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannibalnuns View Post
Your pain is your own, you can't expect anyone to take it seriously unless they are suffering through the same pain. I wish you the best but that is all I can say.
As survivor's guilt proves, people don't suffer alone.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #7589
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
Thanks Graus and everyone else I haven't had the chance to say that to. Strange how a bunch of strangers met over the internet always seems to make me feel better, whatever my issues are.

Reading my post though, I'm a bit embarrassed, because it was a quickly typed rant filled mostly with anger. Way to many mistakes in it. lol

They aren't really bigots, which is what bugs me. They are ignorant about the things they talk about and the way they talk about them. And, I can't correct them without giving away the fact that I actually know what I'm talking about because I have first hand knowledge. So I usually go ignored as the silly kid that wants the world to be better. Or some shit like that...
There's nothing wrong with being a silly kid who wants the world to be better.

Old 07-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #7590
Solumina

Welp I'm totally broke. Bills are due but we are still waiting on reimbursement for the move, including my per diem which I was told should be on his first check after we submitted the form (but I guess not as that was done on the 3rd). Admittedly the per diem wouldn't put us in that comfortable of a spot but at least we could make the minimum payments to our credit cards, which are rather high (at least the one for my visa is) at the moment due to all of the expenses of the move.

Also we are waiting for my mother to get back from the beach to sell my car as she never transferred the title to me and it is sitting in her safety deposit box so nothing can be done until she gets back, whenever that will be. Thankfully my mom is both understanding and financially stable enough to give us a small, interest free loan so I asked her for help. I hate not being able to stand on my own two feet, at least the circumstances are temporary and once we get that reimbursement or sell the car everything will be easily manageable (and once both happen we will be in really good shape) and selling the car makes it fairly easy to pay her back as she will just take what I owe her out of what she gets for the car and send me the rest but I still hate to ask for money.

I guess the other option would be to take out a personal loan but as I have no idea when we will get the money and I do know that with so much of our revolving credit taking up at the moment we would be paying an absurd interest rate so that option could end up being really expensive.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:07 AM   #7591
Solumina

I'm sure I sound like a spoiled brat bitching about having to go to mommy for money but I really do hate doing that to her. I know she is much better off than most but she is retired and has a very carefully worked out financial plan so her money lasts the rest of her life (judging by family history she has a few decades left) and I hate to do anything that messes with that, especially since I know that she isn't the type to tell me, or my brother, that we are being a financial burden, she would just tighten her belt. She and my father worked hard to save up that money, she should be able to enjoy it, not worry about supporting her adult children.

And I guess that is the other part to this. Erik is finally turning into a responsible adult who can support himself. I know that was a huge relief for her and now I don't want to become a burden like that. On top of that I have been emotionally, mentally, and physically falling apart (in large part due to my old job, things have stopped getting worse, they just haven't started getting better) and she knows this, at least to an extent, I don't want her to have to worry that my whole life is falling apart.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 07-15-2012, 11:29 AM   #7592
Versus

My step-brother is dealing with that too, Sol. He joined the army a couple years after me, but went strait to Germany. His wife had been living in California until he reenlisted to come here, to Ft. Carson a little bit ago. He's supposed to leave this weekend, but so far the army hasn't advanced him the money he needs to take a rental truck to a weight station so they can figure out how much money he'll need total to move. Everything will probably have to come out of his pocket until finance pulls their heads out of their ass, but he can't really afford to do it because his wife is basically a spoiled rich kid that spends all of his money. Like, she demanded that they get a stupid expensive apartment here that he can't afford bought a brand new car as their first car so they're paying 400$ a month for 5 YEARS just to pay it off. What he doesn't know is that it's likely he won't even get that 10 day grace period to move. My unit here loves to fuck soldiers by denying them permissive TDY to move their shit.

And my rant is that I feel like I can't get enough air when I breathe.

P.S. I recommend filling your moving truck with rental cinder blocks from Home Depot when you take it to a weight station.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:02 AM   #7593
Fruitbat

My vision is all cactus and my head feels like Ed scissorhands is in there pruning.

And why is it more tiring to go to sleep and wake up several times, then it is to just go to sleep and get the same number of hours sleep.. Oh shit, that doesn't even make sense.

What I mean is if you sleep a total of say, 5 hours, and you get woken up say, 6 times, then you are more tired than if you got 5 hours of solid sleep.

eh, WTFC.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:03 AM   #7594
Solumina

When you go through the sleep cycle you don't hit deep sleep on the first go, it takes time to get there, it sucks but that's just how the shutdown process works.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 07-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #7595
Acharis

I was so tired after work that I hit the bed facedown and slept until late at night. Now wide awake cleaning during designated sleepytime, and I have to get up tomorrow. FUUUUUU

Also my mum is going into surgery in a day or so... I shouldn't worry and try to put it to the back of my mind but I still get anxious thinking about it.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #7596
Acharis

An unpleasant exchange with a bogan at the supermarket today.
I hadn't seen this woman behind me until she snarled at me that there was a line, and even after I apologised and stood aside she kept bitching at me. So I told her there was no need to be snippy about it. "Well there's no need to be rude and push in front of people!" I wanted it to be over so I said "whatever".
She started swearing at me then, so I just gave up and flipped her the bird.

I try to keep things classy and not be an asshole myself, but jeez. That was an honest mistake and should have been over the moment I turned around to see her and said "sorry".

That woman was so irrationally angry that one would think I tried to sodomize her pet goldfish.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #7597
MissCheyenne

I'm going to a festival in a week and a half and I think I've got a chest infection. My chest feels like it's being crushed but the earliest I could get in to see a doctor is tomorrow afternoon.

I am your slice of pie
Old 07-17-2012, 04:09 PM   #7598
Jaye Jang

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
I'm going to a festival in a week and a half and I think I've got a chest infection. My chest feels like it's being crushed but the earliest I could get in to see a doctor is tomorrow afternoon.
MC, not to sound like a fatalist, but as a medical professional this concerns me. Are you feeling short of breath or diaphoretic (overly sweaty)? Have you had any jaw pain or arm or back pain, or nausea? If you start having ANY of those symptoms along with the chest pain, forget the doctor and hie thee to an Emergency Department, post haste!! Okay, because now I'm going to worry about you until I know you're okay. (Reason being that 'crushing' chest pain is not a usual symptom for a chest infection). Just saying...
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:11 AM   #7599
Fruitbat

my hair is falling out... friggin' stress.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:31 AM   #7600
MissCheyenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaye Jang View Post
MC, not to sound like a fatalist, but as a medical professional this concerns me. Are you feeling short of breath or diaphoretic (overly sweaty)? Have you had any jaw pain or arm or back pain, or nausea? If you start having ANY of those symptoms along with the chest pain, forget the doctor and hie thee to an Emergency Department, post haste!! Okay, because now I'm going to worry about you until I know you're okay. (Reason being that 'crushing' chest pain is not a usual symptom for a chest infection). Just saying...
Thanks for the concern but I'm near a 100% positive it's a chest infection. I always feel like I'm being crushed when I have them, my usual doctor says that's probably because I have a slightly malformed chest so I'm not overly worried. I'm at the doctors this afternoon anyway so I will have an answer then. Thanks for being concerned though

I am your slice of pie