Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: Can People on Gothic.net have a Real Conversation about Racism?
Yes 4 30.77%
No 6 46.15%
Maybe 3 23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2011, 12:43 PM   #51
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awake Knights View Post
Great, then what do you use to provide evidence to the contrary? If you don't want to accept stats, do you want to talk mere science then? Biology ect?
How about you read the statistics you are quoting?

https://www.politi.no/vedlegg/lokale...dlegg_1309.pdf

You are saying proves racial integration doesn't work is that 100% of rapists identified in all of Norway in the last five years weren't white. NEVERMIND that the original report is about Oslo in the past year. NEVERMIND that it was specifically about **** aggravated by physical violence, which is a small minority of all rapes, and NEVERMIND that only FIVE rapists were identified.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:44 PM   #52
Kasdeja

Graus, I just find it interesting that you come from a state where Daniel Boone, David Bowie and the fight at the Alamo was actually part of a war to KEEP SLAVERY.

But then, you probably didn't know that.

Last edited by Kasdeja; 09-12-2011 at 12:45 PM. Reason: added sender
Kasdeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:44 PM   #53
Grausamkeit

Grouping 'same people' together, baby steps to eugenics...

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:46 PM   #54
Elystan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasdeja View Post
Graus, I just find it interesting that you come from a state where Daniel Boone, David Bowie and the fight at the Alamo was actually part of a war to KEEP SLAVERY.

:lol:

I think you mean Jim Bowie
Elystan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:46 PM   #55
Saya

Quote:
It's not for me to decide who should and should not have been born.

First, my problem with integration is that it is being forced. Just one example, you can get away with having an all black school. You tell the govt you want an all white only school and see what response you get.

As for who they should be grouped with, that is actually a very good question. And I don't know. They are not considered to be a part of the white community, are they? Nor are they considered by many blacks to be a part of them. Some mixed blacks get treated in their own communities and being white. Idk, it's the parents that put their children in that position though.
I don't feel forced to get along with people of other races. I just do, because they are people just like me. If you're grumpy because you can't have a whites only school anymore, but the black people who are more likely to be poor and underprivileged can get a school to help other poor underprivileged black people, then I don't know what to tell you? Privilege resists self examination, I guess.

Boyfriend is biracial and doesn't identify as either. He doesn't care, its not a source of pain that his parents forced upon him. As a white woman, can I give him a blow job without committing the sin of interracial romance?
Old 09-12-2011, 12:46 PM   #56
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasdeja View Post
I just find it interesting that you come from a state where Daniel Boone, David Bowie and the fight at the Alamo was actually part of a war to KEEP SLAVERY.

I'm am perfectly aware of some of the disgusting history of my own state. Just because some of the people who made it were for slavery doesn't mean I have to believe what they believe just because I live here. Are you stupid or something?

Old 09-12-2011, 12:49 PM   #57
Elystan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Boyfriend is biracial and doesn't identify as either. He doesn't care, its not a source of pain that his parents forced upon him. As a white woman, can I give him a blow job without committing the sin of interracial romance?
Nice uppercut
Old 09-12-2011, 12:49 PM   #58
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elystan View Post
Nice uppercut
I try. niceblowjobstoo.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:51 PM   #59
Awake Knights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elystan View Post
'fact?'

If you can provide decent empirical evidence to support your ideas, nobody can accuse you of being racist. For example if that **** statistic is true, then it would not be racist at all to repeat it (although 100% sounds a little far fetched and I'd have to ask you to show me your sources before I believed it myself).

Also saying 'there are differences between races' is all well and good but it hides what you're really trying to express, namely what you think those differences are.
Yes, FACT. There are quite a bit of differences between the races. Even a basic glimps at evolutionary biology will help you understand that. The argument that the only difference is the colour of our skin is rubbish. All one has to do is look at an albino African to still know what group he/she belongs to. Immune systems, bone shape and density, intelligence. Plenty out there.

Here's a great place to start www.google.com
Awake Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:53 PM   #60
Awake Knights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
Racist fucktards did.
Flame

/thread
Old 09-12-2011, 12:55 PM   #61
Elystan

Quote:
Yes, FACT. There are quite a bit of differences between the races. Even a basic glimps at evolutionary biology will help you understand that. The argument that the only difference is the colour of our skin is rubbish. All one has to do is look at an albino African to still know what group he/she belongs to. Immune systems, bone shape and density, intelligence. Plenty out there.
Bingo.

Time for me to sit back and watch.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:56 PM   #62
Grausamkeit

Bullshit.

If there was such a huge fucking difference we wouldn't be able to donate blood(or other tissues and organs) from someone of one race to another. Or do you prefer to go to white hospitals? Albinism is a mutation. One of my friends has it. I don't know what you're trying to bring that up for. White and black(and asian and a lot of other people) can be born with it.

FACT! You can't tell cells apart from white/black/hispanic people under a microscope.

Old 09-12-2011, 12:58 PM   #63
Awake Knights

Quote:
I also spelled 'edumacate' wrong, genius.

If you are about to attempt to use science to prove racial superiority or inferiority all I can do is laugh at you, son.
Well, if that is the reaction you choose to have, so be it. You can call it superior/inferior or just different. But the obvious is just that. I mean show me, as an example, a black population that is capable of building multilevel structures. Or one that has had success with agriculture (just an example).
Old 09-12-2011, 01:01 PM   #64
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Well, if that is the reaction you choose to have, so be it. You can call it superior/inferior or just different. But the obvious is just that. I mean show me, as an example, a black population that is capable of building multilevel structures. Or one that has had success with agriculture (just an example).
Are you about to tell us that the Indians weren't as smart as the English because they didn't invent guns? Your logic is faulty.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:03 PM   #65
Awake Knights

Quote:
I don't feel forced to get along with people of other races. I just do, because they are people just like me. If you're grumpy because you can't have a whites only school anymore, but the black people who are more likely to be poor and underprivileged can get a school to help other poor underprivileged black people, then I don't know what to tell you? Privilege resists self examination, I guess.

You might not feel forced. I'm not saying you should. But should people have EQUAL freedoms? If blacks are more likely to be poor and underpriviledged, why do you think that is? Blacks have roughly 30 organizations that exist specifically for the benefit of the black community not to include govt mandated affirmative action and they are STILL poor and underpriviledged (just like every single black community around the globe)? Let me guess, the evil white man be holden im down, right?
Old 09-12-2011, 01:04 PM   #66
Saya

Quote:

Here's a great place to start www.google.com
Most anthropologists agree now that race is a social construct. Different ethnic groups have different traits that get passed around, like immune systems and yes, bone shape and density, but overall there is more genetic difference within races than between them. Who gets counted as a race is subjective too. We use to count the Irish as different, and many natives could pass. The Metis in Canada can often pass as white, and indeed francophones make up their ancestry, but other than to deride them as not really aboriginal, they are counted as such. We tend to lump Africans together but within Africa they see themselves as different races, same with Asians. So physically we're a little different but what differences we emphasize enough to make a race is subjective. You can say someone who otherwise looks white is racially a Jew because she's susceptible to diseases that run in Jewish genetics. But as a Newfie, I'm susceptible to certain diseases as well, but I'm still white. A lot of it has to do with genetic diversity, the more variety of genes the less chance you got of getting these diseases. So, interracial breeding is the way to go.

Intelligence is bullshit though. While to an extent the capacity might be genetic, IQ tests are far from definitive (and psychologists are the first to tell you that) and poverty and different environmental conditions play a huge factor. If you live in a country where its not required for you to go to school and you don't, do you really think they should be able to do as well on an IQ test as a kid who went to private school?
Old 09-12-2011, 01:07 PM   #67
Grausamkeit

Quote:
You might not feel forced. I'm not saying you should. But should people have EQUAL freedoms? If blacks are more likely to be poor and underpriviledged, why do you think that is? Blacks have roughly 30 organizations that exist specifically for the benefit of the black community not to include govt mandated affirmative action and they are STILL poor and underpriviledged (just like every single black community around the globe)? Let me guess, the evil white man be holden im down, right?
It's not just white people, it's the rich white people. The ones who make the laws and think that black and latino people are lazy and live in the ghettoes because they're lazy...

Old 09-12-2011, 01:08 PM   #68
Awake Knights

Quote:
Bullshit.

If there was such a huge fucking difference we wouldn't be able to donate blood(or other tissues and organs) from someone of one race to another. Or do you prefer to go to white hospitals? Albinism is a mutation. One of my friends has it. I don't know what you're trying to bring that up for. White and black(and asian and a lot of other people) can be born with it.

FACT! You can't tell cells apart from white/black/hispanic people under a microscope.
FACT, the reason we can still swap blood and successfully reproduce is because od evolutionary drift. Which is why a horse and a zebra can still produce offspring.

FACT we are different down to our DNA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup
Old 09-12-2011, 01:10 PM   #69
Awake Knights

Quote:
Are you about to tell us that the Indians weren't as smart as the English because they didn't invent guns? Your logic is faulty.
No, I don't need that. But there are plenty of studies to show it.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #70
Saya

Quote:
They've only had equal rights for not even fifty years. White people had over two hundred years to work the country in their favour. If your parents are poor, chances are you are going to be poor.

I'm Canadian, here we didn't have systematic oppression for black people as much as Americans, I think Halifax being an exception. I haven't heard of a black ghetto anywhere outside of Halifax, and I can't think of ever seeing a low income black community, generally most I've met were really well to do (doctors, professors, fellow students).

Aboriginals are a different story. Only in the late seventies did we stop throwing them into residential schools where they were marginalized and abused. Most aboriginal people my age are the children of residential school survivors. I know a Metis girl who's parents wouldn't tell her a thing about her heritage, because they were so afraid the same would happen to her, they wanted her to try and pass for white. How long does it take to heal from that kind of trauma on a collective scale? I don't think fifty years will see the end of it, thirty years seen to have done fuck all.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:15 PM   #71
Grausamkeit

Quote:
No, I don't need that. But there are plenty of studies to show it.
Dude, your racism is shining like the fucking sun!

There are probably plenty of studies showing how flawed logic like yours is, too.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:15 PM   #72
Awake Knights

Quote:
Most anthropologists agree now that race is a social construct. Different ethnic groups have different traits that get passed around, like immune systems and yes, bone shape and density, but overall there is more genetic difference within races than between them. Who gets counted as a race is subjective too. We use to count the Irish as different, and many natives could pass. The Metis in Canada can often pass as white, and indeed francophones make up their ancestry, but other than to deride them as not really aboriginal, they are counted as such. We tend to lump Africans together but within Africa they see themselves as different races, same with Asians. So physically we're a little different but what differences we emphasize enough to make a race is subjective. You can say someone who otherwise looks white is racially a Jew because she's susceptible to diseases that run in Jewish genetics. But as a Newfie, I'm susceptible to certain diseases as well, but I'm still white. A lot of it has to do with genetic diversity, the more variety of genes the less chance you got of getting these diseases. So, interracial breeding is the way to go.

Intelligence is bullshit though. While to an extent the capacity might be genetic, IQ tests are far from definitive (and psychologists are the first to tell you that) and poverty and different environmental conditions play a huge factor. If you live in a country where its not required for you to go to school and you don't, do you really think they should be able to do as well on an IQ test as a kid who went to private school?
If race is a social construct then there are a lot of people that need to be released from prison and compensated for committing a hate crime (based on race) that could not have physically possibly been committed.

As to intelligence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmA6Kdy12jU
Old 09-12-2011, 01:16 PM   #73
Elystan

Quote:
I mean show me, as an example, a black population that is capable of building multilevel structures. Or one that has had success with agriculture (just an example).
Off the top of my head, Timbuktu.

Quote:
FACT, the reason we can still swap blood and successfully reproduce is because od evolutionary drift. Which is why a horse and a zebra can still produce offspring.
Umm I don't think you know what evolutionary drift means. Also mixed race children aren't sterile.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #74
Saya

Quote:
If race is a social construct then there are a lot of people that need to be released from prison and compensated for committing a hate crime (based on race) that could not have physically possibly been committed.
People can still hate on something imaginary. Someone can hate me because I don't worship their God, doesn't make their hate or malice less real. Just makes racism a lot more stupid, doesn't it?

Quote:
As to intelligence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmA6Kdy12jU
Sorry, you're going to have to provide reliable sources. Got a peer reviewed article you could share, not some bigot's opinion?

Also, since apparently technological advancement apparently makes a race more intelligent, are you going to recognize that Asians are superior?
Old 09-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #75
Awake Knights

Quote:
Dude, your racism is shining like the fucking sun!

There are probably plenty of studies showing how flawed logic like yours is, too.
Again, like I said, it's up to you to decide. I don't see how it's racist to say there are plenty of studies to support a claim and that I don't need guns as an example. But so be it.