Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:10 AM   #1
linkbroken

Emo isn't Goth

Proof motherfuckers.
Emo's cut for attention. Goth's cut to kill.
Emo's show there cuts off. Goth's...What cuts.
Emo's are gay.
Goths are awesome.

Emos are gay.
Goth's dig chicks
linkbroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:33 AM   #2
MaverickZero

Not that this has anything to do with music, but I agree. Emo and Goth are like the Light and Dark side of the Force. Complete opposites of the same spectrum.
MaverickZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:35 AM   #3
linkbroken

Thank you. You are my new best friend. Not to sound creepy but everyone of these fucking forums I get nothing but guff for this particular thread.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:40 AM   #4
MaverickZero

Oh believe me, I have no shame in admitting I despise the little emo freaks. They are my sole reason to live, to see every last one of them die, I'm pretty sure... anyway.
MaverickZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:45 AM   #5
NachtSorcier

Your little poem sucked. Here's a better one for you.

Not all Goths dig chicks.
Proof, motherfucker:
Me.

Visit my online store: http://www.websofsilver.com
NachtSorcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:49 AM   #6
linkbroken

You're fuckin cool. It wasn't a poem either Dick monger. Oh I hope I didn't offend your freedom of speech preaching ass. If I did that makes you a hypocrite like all the other liberal fucks who preach free speech.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:49 AM   #7
linkbroken

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickZero
Oh believe me, I have no shame in admitting I despise the little emo freaks. They are my sole reason to live, to see every last one of them die, I'm pretty sure... anyway.
Pretty much. And they fear my black as death fuckin Duster. For those of you nongoths who don't know what a Duster is. It's the style of trench coat we all role around in.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:53 AM   #8
NachtSorcier

Heh, you amuse me.

First of all, I'm not liberal. Second, I never said you couldn't call anyone gay, it's simply incorrect to imply that all emos are gay and all goths are straight. It's not "politically incorrect," just incorrect.

I do in fact believe in freedom of speech, as well as my own right to think you're a moron.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:55 AM   #9
bleedingheart344

Wow, excessive swearing to get your point across, what a clever and intellectual way to go about doing so. You, sir, are by far the most intelligent person I've seen in quite some time.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:00 AM   #10
linkbroken

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachtSorcier
Heh, you amuse me.

First of all, I'm not liberal. Second, I never said you couldn't call anyone gay, it's simply incorrect to imply that all emos are gay and all goths are straight. It's not "politically incorrect," just incorrect.

I do in fact believe in freedom of speech, as well as my own right to think you're a moron.
I didn't say that all goths were straight. I said they all dig chicks. Regardless of your opinionated views you like the cock and I have absolutely no problem with that. And Here's to homeboys excessive swearing comment. I just provided a well rounded argument with no more than one curse. Suck it easy cause you're playing with fire.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:03 AM   #11
bleedingheart344

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkbroken
fuckin...ass...fucks...
No more than one? Can you even count?
Old 09-24-2007, 03:03 AM   #12
linkbroken

You fools are blowing the spot. Maverick and I were have a perfectly fine conversation about how Emo is not of the caliber of that which is goth. Still want to play the intellect game you pretentious whiny fucks.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:04 AM   #13
NachtSorcier

"Emos are gay, Goths dig chicks."

What else am I supposed to get from that? To "dig chicks" generally means to have sexual desire for them, as opposed to having desire for men. Unless of course you're ultra-uber Goth and meant digging graves for them.

PS., we agree that emos are wholly different from Goths...that's really not the issue here. I'm just looking for some consistency.

Don't post on a public forum if you're not looking to be questioned.

Old 09-24-2007, 03:05 AM   #14
linkbroken

Quote:
I didn't say that all goths were straight. I said they all dig chicks. Regardless of your opinionated views you like the cock and I have absolutely no problem with that. And Here's to homeboys excessive swearing comment. I just provided a well rounded argument with no more than one curse. Suck it easy cause you're playing with fire.
I was talking about current converse. If you can't keep up then leave.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:05 AM   #15
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Hey everyone, don't let the shallow "poem" detract from the amazing ability of missing-linkbroken to type on the keyboard. Most knuckle draggers can't even reach the keyboard.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:07 AM   #16
linkbroken

Quote:
"Emos are gay, Goths dig chicks."

What else am I supposed to get from that? To "dig chicks" generally means to have sexual desire for them, as opposed to having desire for men. Unless of course you're ultra-uber Goth and meant digging graves for them.
No. I don't dig graves. That's strange and disrespectful to those who have past. Digging Is unnecessary.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:08 AM   #17
linkbroken

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
Hey everyone, don't let the shallow "poem" detract from the amazing ability of missing-linkbroken to type on the keyboard. Most knuckle draggers can't even reach the keyboard.
You're all the same. You seriously believe you're all better than everyone else.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:10 AM   #18
bleedingheart344

No, we just think we're better than you.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:12 AM   #19
linkbroken

You should have said "know". You would have sound more on the ball. You edit. I'll leave this up for everyone to see and then edit the come back accordingly.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:12 AM   #20
NachtSorcier

You can think that if you want to, but in the meantime, if you don't like us, then go away.

Really, my only problem with you is that you use the word gay for everything. It's just unnecessary and immature. It doesn't really offend me (although I think there are better words to use than a word that an entire community of people identifies with), I just think it's silly.

Believing in freedom of speech doesn't mean I'm not allowed to think and have an opinion.

Old 09-24-2007, 03:15 AM   #21
linkbroken

If I edit accordingly, Will you leave and allow me and maverick continue our conversation about Emo being G... Retarded. Or is Mentally challenged more your Cache.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:18 AM   #22
NachtSorcier

Wow, you're so missing the point entirely.

I'm not asking for an apology here...I asked you what you meant by "emos are gay, goths dig chicks." You said it didn't mean that all emos are gay and all goths are straight, so I'm asking you what you did mean.

Did you not deduce that you might have come off as pretentious by coming into a forum and blathering off about something we already knew? We know emo isn't the same as goth and there are plenty of threads already devoted to that very subject.

And by the way, I would like to repeat that I am not liberal nor am I the PC Police. You can say "retarded" as many times you want, but overusing any word, any word at all, gets tedious and annoying.

Old 09-24-2007, 03:26 AM   #23
linkbroken

Quote:
Wow, you're so missing the point entirely.

I'm not asking for an apology here...I asked you what you meant by "emos are gay, goths dig chicks." You said it didn't mean that all emos are gay and all goths are straight, so I'm asking you what you did mean.

Did you not deduce that you might have come off as pretentious by coming into a forum and blathering off about something we already knew? We know emo isn't the same as goth and there are plenty of threads already devoted to that very subject.

And by the way, I would like to repeat that I am not liberal nor am I the PC Police. You can say "retarded" as many times you want, but overusing any word, any word at all, gets tedious and annoying.
I was using a generalization. Tell me, are not a vast majority of emos gay. And, are not a vast majority of goths bi. You contradicted yourself. "You can say "retarded" as many times you want, but overusing any word, any word at all, gets tedious and annoying." If I am allowed to use a word as many times as I want then why would it become "tedious and annoying?"

I wasn't apologizing either. I just want you fools fuckin gone. You're starting shit that doesn't need to be started.

I need a smoke break. I'll be back expecting the same shit from the same predictable assholes.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:29 AM   #24
bleedingheart344

Quote:
You should have said "know". You would have sound more on the ball. You edit. I'll leave this up for everyone to see and then edit the come back accordingly.
Well, I simply use the term "think" to have the statement still be entirely related to your previous statement. I know that if I would've changed a word or two that it would have been entirely too abstract and confusing for your mind to comprehend.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:33 AM   #25
NachtSorcier

Quote:
I was using a generalization. Tell me, are not a vast majority of emos gay. And, are not a vast majority of goths bi. You contradicted yourself. "You can say "retarded" as many times you want, but overusing any word, any word at all, gets tedious and annoying." If I am allowed to use a word as many times as I want then why would it become "tedious and annoying?"

I wasn't apologizing either. I just want you fools fuckin gone. You're starting shit that doesn't need to be started.

I need a smoke break. I'll be back expecting the same shit from the same predictable assholes.
I really wouldn't know if a vast majority of emo's are gay, but I doubt it. I really can't say if a vast majority of goths are bi, either, but since, according to Alfred Kinsey, most people altogether are bisexual to one degree or another, I suppose it could be so.

You were using a generalization, I can accept that, but it understandably caused some confusion. Generalizations tend to do that.

I don't think I contradicted myself. Yes, you are allowed to say whatever you want, I would never say otherwise, but freedoms always come with a price, and the price of free speech is that a lot of people will disagree with what you say. If I (or anyone else) disagrees with what you say, that's not the same as telling you that you can't say it. It's merely us exercising our freedom of speech as well.

You want us gone? You are pretentious enough to walk into the proverbial bar and tell everyone you don't want them there? Don't you think that's a case of throwing a homeowner out of his home?