Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 01-28-2006, 03:40 AM   #1
werewolffan98

Breaking Per Cnn: Hamas Storms Palestinian Parliament

Hamas supporters raise their flag over Palestinian parliament, rush into building.

RAMALLAH, West Bank (CNN) -- The Islamic fundamentalist group Hamas, which has said it favors the destruction of Israel, won an apparent victory in Palestinian legislative elections, officials said Thursday, reshaping the political landscape of the Middle East.

(Excerpt) Read more at

(Excerpt) Read more at http://www.cnn.com/

Fox News just said shots fired in Ramallah and people running wild

As always the chosen people of Isreal are in my prayers.
werewolffan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 03:47 AM   #2
werewolffan98

correction: the chosen people of isreal(the jews) are in my prayers.
werewolffan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 10:28 PM   #3
Godslayer Jillian

I don't get it. What was the correction? :S

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 02:29 AM   #4
RaidoHaglaz

So, what is the real big problem? The Jewish people destroyed the Palestinian state and now the tables have turned, so what's really wrong with it?
My thoughts: Israel is the last Western bastion on the Middle-Eastern front. The last devoted fan of the USA in oilville. The destruction of Israel would mean a complete dissapearance of American influence there.
The USA and the EU will stop giving the Palestinians financial help if Hamas won't stop to try and destroy the state of Israel, not the Jewish people mind you, just the state, the political mechanism.

I think that if the USA and the EU stop giving money, supporters of Hamas, Iran and to some extent Saudi Arabia, although the last one is becoming more American every day, although it does try to cling on to Arabic heritage, would be able to; ór support Hamas themselves, but Iran would not be able to do that, because of their own economical problems, ór those lands will stop selling oil (or crank up the prices) to the USA and the EU, maybe significantly reducing their earning, but the western civilisation floats on oil, which would be fucked within a week or two.

This might of course be a very longshot scenario, with the love-hate relationships between those nations, but nevertheless an option, at least, that's what I think.

What's your thought on that?
RaidoHaglaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 02:50 AM   #5
edible_eye

i think hamas, a terrorist organization recognized by both the u.s and europe, have essentially sealed their own fate as far as western monies go.

i also think the kid gloves come off as of the moment that election ended. israel doesn't fuck around and there's no reason for the united states or europe to ask them to back off any longer.

war on terror, meet an unbridled israel.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:00 AM   #6
Blushing Heliophobe

God, this is an issue that annoys the hell out of me.

Countries have the right to give money and not give money to whoever they damn well please. The US is either the world's unwanted policeman, or the world's personal checkbook. Granted, it's nice to have the whole 'global awareness' friendship thing, but if the US doesn't want to give someone money anymore - they don't owe them jack shit.

The entire region looks like it's about to explode like a powder keg any day now.

Iran is joining up with China and Russia...

Hamas has got the upper hand and will most likely go after Israel soon...

If I had it my way, we'd put all the 'nicey-nice' money that we 'donate' to oil countries into finding an alternate fuel source, and leave the Middle East alone.

Someone wants to fight Israel? Let them, and see Israel whoop their ass.

You wanna have nuclear weapons? Go on ahead, and just make sure that it's a monitored program. Who made America a one-country UN?

I am not in a hurry to declare war on the entire fucking world. Which is what seems to be happening here shortly.

And no matter what anyone's personal stance on the American presence in Iraq is - I am sick and tired of seeing fellow servicemen die. Sick and fucking tired of it. Besides what some people say - "blah blah, I don't support the troops, they made their decision, yadda yadda" most people join when they're 18. Most (not all) 18 year olds don't really have a huge awareness of the realities of war. Once you're in, you're in and you can't say "Sorry, I don't agree with our stance on this issue, may I please sit this one out?". People have families depending on them, and if you refuse to fight (unless you are a conscientious objector but that means no fighting period) you are going to get a dishonorable discharge and try getting a job that'll feed your family after that.
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:41 AM   #7
cannibalnuns

Either they made the choice but mostly they had no other option because they honestly screwed up. Trust me that is a majority of the people, those that had no other alternative. Example: Nam, the rich kids were safe the poor were not. No real choices were offered and no real future awaited them. Basically one main reason but not the only one just one that could count for the amount of people in service. Some feel it is their duty or get suckered in my the mean propganda machine. Some just want to get away and some are forced by their parents etc. To say they made the choice is stupid, they are at least doing something and fighting for a country even though they might not like what is happening.

What are these sorry fucks doing that say such things about them? EXACTLY, nothing. Anyway the whole deal with Iraq, Iran, Israel, UN and US. It is one big clusterfuck, I'll just move to the North Pole, nobody will fuck with you there.

But anyway these people have fighting in their blood, we will make no difference. They will never see eye to eye so why should we try to lay Daddy? I am going to gather thoughts on this subject and then say more. Right now I must prepare for an interview and have myself lunch.
Firmness in enduring and exertion is a character I always wish to possess. I have always despised the whining yelp of complaint and cowardly resolve.- Robert Burns
cannibalnuns is offline   Reply With Quote