Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: Can People on Gothic.net have a Real Conversation about Racism?
Yes 4 30.77%
No 6 46.15%
Maybe 3 23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2011, 05:29 PM   #126
Grausamkeit

You could listen to Queen, like me? One of my friends just introduced me to this band called 'The Flir'. They're not bad.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:16 PM   #127
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
Yes, and there are 4 for "no," 2 for "yes" and 1 "maybe.
Yes, and I was one of the NO's. For the reasons I already explained. And because I knew that in creating a thread with such a poll you were also creating a thread where racism was actually going to be discussed. Which is exactly what happened. And the past 5 pages are just proof that I was right, and the smart, "reasonable and thoughtful" members here that you and I talked about have just taken those 5 pages to bait and troll the racists who jumped in and started explaining their views. Because that's the only kind of conversation that can be sustained on the subject among "reasonable and thoughtful" people.

------------------------------------

AND BY THE WAY, I'm trying to ignore most of this crap but ONE THING REALLY PISSED ME OFF!

Claiming that FORCED INTEGRATION is some kind of problem is a woefully misguided and misinformed view to hold. There was no problem until somebody started FORCED SEGREGATION in the first place.

------------------------------------

And that's another reason I don't think a conversation thread about racism is needed here. Because the things that people who feel justified about their racial discriminations say in defense of their views always piss me off.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:46 PM   #128
Kasdeja

I was also one of the "no"'s... too much drama and racism abound.
Kasdeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:52 PM   #129
Alan

And yet you sided with the racist dude against Grausamkeit.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:58 PM   #130
Kasdeja

So what if I did? That's my own business... besides, 40% of all statistics are fabricated.

Besides, Grausamkeit was acting like the instigator she is. I'm sure you read the first page of this travesty.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:06 PM   #131
Alan

Yeah, YOU were the instigator. YOU bitched and cried Godwin's Law BEFORE anyone even said anything.
And what the fuck does the fact that the racist dude clearly made up everything he said, have to do with you defending him? If you knew he was wrong, why even be on his side?
You're really a head case.
real classy
Old 09-12-2011, 08:12 PM   #132
Kasdeja

I didn't CRY Godwin's Law, I simply mentioned it. Pay attention to your grammar.

I don't give a flying fuck what you think of me... or what Grausy-poo thinks, for that matter.

I'm not a head-case, just human.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:14 PM   #133
Kasdeja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
And what the fuck does the fact that the racist dude clearly made up everything he said, have to do with you defending him? If you knew he was wrong, why even be on his side?
Because you are also hounding and treating him shabbily. I support my fellow human.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:15 PM   #134
Alan

Well he doesn't. He thinks people like me are mongrels. Why the fuck should I respect him?
real classy
Old 09-12-2011, 08:18 PM   #135
Kasdeja

That's between you and him, kiddo. Don't know what to tell you.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:30 PM   #136
Alan

Oh sure, you and ONLY YOU can demand respect.
real classy
Old 09-12-2011, 08:34 PM   #137
*Twitch

Kasdeja: In the interest of transparency, I have to duty to inform you that I have concluded that you are a fuckwit. Thank you for your time, that will be all.
Who condones this bloodlust?

-CONFLICT
*Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:51 PM   #138
Kasdeja

You have the right to your opinion... and rest assured, I'm not going away anytime soon. I have every right to be here as you do, and if you have a problem with that, than that's what the "ignore" option is for. Thank you for your time. That will be all for now.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:57 PM   #139
Mr.Doobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasdeja View Post
Because you are also hounding and treating him shabbily. I support my fellow human.
Even when he's being a vile scumfuck.

Guys, I think we're all too hard on Charlie Manson. Who are we to call him a manipulative, murderous, sociopath? That's just mean.

Quote:
I have every right to be here as you do, and if you have a problem with that, than that's what the "ignore" option is for.
Then you're going to be visiting a miiiiiiiiighty lonely forum, I guess.

Oh well, you'll still have me dood. I never ignore anyone on any forum I've ever been on. Not even the Stormfront-dwelling neo-nazi that plastered every thread he was in with pictures of nude, blonde women of freakishly Amazonian proportions cutting peoples heads off with their breast milk, or the self-diagnosed aspie furry who always tried to get everyone to read her Optimus Prime slash Shadow the Hedgehog fanfics.

Yeah, I'm pretty lazy like that.

Or maybe I just have a masochistic sense of humor and I'm easy to please.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:02 PM   #140
Kasdeja

Thank you, Mr Doobie... I've met a couple of people who are on Stormfront. Scary stuff, that.

More room for me to post in, then. Like the masochistic sense of humor.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:01 AM   #141
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Well, since Alan and Graus are also humans, that is clearly not true. Let me fix it for you.

Quote:
I support some of my fellow humans on a purely arbitrary basis.
Because you thought he was being hounded and treated shabbily. But he was advocating hounding and treating a whole class of citizens (including Alan) shabbily. His was the greater wrong, yet you sided with him - ARBITRARILY.

I believe the previously used adjective "fuckwit" is correct in this case.

You can be here all you want. I can use the CONTROL PANEL and put you on my personal ignore list, never to read your perverse, insulting and (sometimes) hurtful posts again, at any time I like.

In other words, you always have the freedom to speak. You are not guaranteed that anyone will listen (because we don't have to.) That right must be continuously earned.

Shape up.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 09-13-2011, 05:17 AM   #142
Solumina

Why is everyone telling Kasdeja that they are going to ignore him (her? I really haven't been paying attention) instead of actually ignoring him?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:23 AM   #143
Elystan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Why is everyone telling Kasdeja that they are going to ignore him (her? I really haven't been paying attention) instead of actually ignoring him?
Rhetorical question?
Elystan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:45 AM   #144
Mr.Doobie

Quote:
Because what fun is excluding someone if they don't know they're being excluded?

Actually, on second thought, not telling him sounds a bit more amusing. I'm just imagining Kassie standing in the middle of the black void that G.net will become for him once nearly every person has blocked him. He can hear what everyone else is saying, but no matter how many times he responds, no matter how loudly he screams, no one will hear him.

It's funny in a depressing, Rick-Santorum's-bid-for-presidency, kind of way.

But despite this, I'm still not going to put him on ignore. Like I said, I feel like a forum's resident trolls/horrible people add a lively touch of local color.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:30 PM   #145
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Doobie View Post

Or maybe I just have a masochistic sense of humor and I'm easy to please.
That's why we work so well.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:45 PM   #146
*Twitch

I never said I was going to ignore her. Merely that my opinion of her was lowered. She lost a measure of respect, that doesn't mean she won't ever have anything of value to say.
Who condones this bloodlust?

-CONFLICT
*Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:58 PM   #147
Kasdeja

Thank you, *Twitch... Guess I've got some work to do. I already started in the literary/poetry section.

Oh, and for those who still aren't sure, I'm female.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:17 PM   #148
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
I was actually just providing her with fair warning, and advising her that such a thing was possible.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 09-14-2011, 06:10 AM   #149
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
I was actually just providing her with fair warning, and advising her that such a thing was possible.
I'm not. I'm going to troll her ass every time she says something stupid.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:30 AM   #150
Catch

On a different topic, I figured out how to get Skin Heads to leave you alone if there is no other reason than not wanting to be in their or similar organizations, marry someone of a different race. Yep, it seems as though the USA divides itself into different groups and communities by race and despite integration there are always those who want to keep the races separate. I happen to be white, so it seems as though Skin Heads hang around and there is nothing to be done about; however, I could just marry someone of a different race and they'll go away and stop trying to fix my way thinking.

Skin Heads are entitled to their beliefs. It is a part of freedom and all of that. It is obvious why I wouldn't hang out with people who hate white people, because I don't want to get beaten up. However, as a personal freedom of being able to chose who I want to hangout with and share my time with, it is never Skin Heads.

I think Skin Heads spread fear and make my personal life more difficult. I have already had great friendships and experiences with a variety of people of different races. Blonde, Burnett, Red Head, Asian, Black, Hispanic, Muslim and so-on. It cannot be undone, so it pains me when I am simply adjusting my makeup in a bathroom and when the only other women there happens to be black mentions how weird it is being able to be in the bathroom with a white girl and a fight didn't break out.

Yep, it wasn't me or my actions leaving the bathroom because a black girl had to go or my action starting a fight because a person of another ethnicity was hanging around in the girls room. It was racists. Racists started the fight and no matter how they might want me to think about any bad experience with other races I might have had, it won't work.

I've already had too many good experiences and recognize I've had equally bad experiences with people of my own race if any bad experience had arisen. People do and say what they do. That particular experience didn't have to happen. Maybe I chose to believe it wouldn't have happened without Skin Heads being around. It doesn't matter. I still never prefer the company of Skin Heads and would like them to completely leave alone.