Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: Can People on Gothic.net have a Real Conversation about Racism?
Yes 4 30.77%
No 6 46.15%
Maybe 3 23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2011, 10:45 AM   #151
Grausamkeit

*sigh*

Goddamn you, Bex. Skinhead =/= Racist fucktard. The ones who run around calling themselves 'skinheads' and hold racist beliefs are actually known as 'boneheads'.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #152
*Twitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
*sigh*

Goddamn you, Bex. Skinhead =/= Racist fucktard. The ones who run around calling themselves 'skinheads' and hold racist beliefs are actually known as 'boneheads'.
Thank you. Me mum was a skin back in the day in England. Skins are basically working class punks, hence OI!. There's the old-ish joke:

There's a three storey apartment building. The first floor is full of punks, the second is full of hippies, and the third, skins. One day a fire breaks out in the basement. Who survived? The skins, they were at work.

Also, anyone who thinks skinheads are just about neo-nazism should look up SHARP
Who condones this bloodlust?

-CONFLICT
*Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:44 PM   #153
MissCheyenne

Jesus, declaring that all or even most skinheads are racists is just as bad as going around saying all black women are lazy asses who live in the ghetto with their 15 children, that all mexicans in the US are illegal immigrants or that all non white males will r@pe any white woman they see and sell her kidneys for crack.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:43 PM   #154
*Twitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
Jesus, declaring that all or even most skinheads are racists is just as bad as going around saying all black women are lazy asses who live in the ghetto with their 15 children, that all mexicans in the US are illegal immigrants or that all non white males will r@pe any white woman they see and sell her kidneys for crack.
You know it. Anyone who deals in absolutes is an asshole.

^ no longer sure if that's the phrase I was looking for, but it'll do.
Who condones this bloodlust?

-CONFLICT
*Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:46 PM   #155
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
That stuff's not true? Damn my honky education!

Old 09-15-2011, 03:48 PM   #156
Solumina

Of course it isn't, some of black guys spend their white woman kidney money on rims and child support
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:47 PM   #157
Doktor Haus

You know what's even more annoying than racism? Anti-racism. Yes, racism is ignorant and asshole-ish, but MY GOD. Say the word n*gger in America and your professional career is finished. People have developed such knee-jerk aversions to racism because it's the popular opinion, and it makes you feel like a defender of justice and human rights, despite the fact that not one of us completely lacks prejudice. So, there are racists. Roll your eyes and get on with life. You're never offended by something unless you LET IT offend you.
Doktor Haus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:53 PM   #158
Alan

That's not anti-racism.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:58 PM   #159
Doktor Haus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
That's not anti-racism.
Alright, what is it?

And are you VyvianBlackthorne?
Old 09-17-2011, 01:20 PM   #160
Grausamkeit

No, he's not.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:27 PM   #161
Doktor Haus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
No, he's not.
Yeah, I get my names confused. Alan Jimenez was his real name, just can't remember the user.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:35 PM   #162
Alan

Anti racism is fighting racism. Isn't it obvious?
And you think anti-racism is worse than racism?
What
the
fuck
real classy
Old 09-17-2011, 04:45 PM   #163
Kasdeja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktor Haus View Post
You know what's even more annoying than racism? Anti-racism. Yes, racism is ignorant and asshole-ish, but MY GOD. Say the word n*gger in America and your professional career is finished. People have developed such knee-jerk aversions to racism because it's the popular opinion, and it makes you feel like a defender of justice and human rights, despite the fact that not one of us completely lacks prejudice. So, there are racists. Roll your eyes and get on with life. You're never offended by something unless you LET IT offend you.
I fully agree, Doktor... nobody is without prejudice.
Kasdeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:46 PM   #164
Saya

Quote:
Yeah, its all about being offended nowadays, no one is actually oppressed.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:41 PM   #165
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Anti racism is fighting racism. Isn't it obvious?
And you think anti-racism is worse than racism?
What
the
fuck
It's obviously bad for people who want to call others racial slurs. We're just busybodies impeding other people's freedom of speech....obviously....

Old 09-17-2011, 08:36 PM   #166
Doktor Haus

Oh, come off it. Didn't I already say racism is disagreeable? There's barely even such a thing as oppression nowadays in the Western world, white people have developed such a fear of being racist that they become even more conscious of racial difference than before. Some of my relatives are prejudiced like that, but do they do anything other than talking negatively about minorities in the privacy of their own homes? No. Are they monsters? No, they were just raised in a different environment. The extremists who turn it into a calling and form militant groups and shit should be watched, of course.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:53 PM   #167
Kasdeja

Quote:
Oh, come off it. Didn't I already say racism is disagreeable? There's barely even such a thing as oppression nowadays in the Western world, white people have developed such a fear of being racist that they become even more conscious of racial difference than before. Some of my relatives are prejudiced like that, but do they do anything other than talking negatively about minorities in the privacy of their own homes? No. Are they monsters? No, they were just raised in a different environment. The extremists who turn it into a calling and form militant groups and shit should be watched, of course.

I remember when my Grandma was still alive living in Cali's Bay Area... When we would go to San Francisco, she'd always be scared of "the gays", even when I told her some of my best friends were gay. Different times, indeed.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:19 AM   #168
Alan

Quote:
I guess it's nice for you to have been born in a privileged enough position that you are completely detached from the racism which is still ubiquitous in society.
real classy
Old 09-18-2011, 09:47 AM   #169
Doktor Haus

Quote:
I guess it's nice for you to have been born in a privileged enough position that you are completely detached from the racism which is still ubiquitous in society.
Priveleged? Detached from racism? Haha! I've lived in the South my entire life.
Well, you're definitely not the Alan I was thinking of. He could comprehend simple English. Carry on, you defender of injustice!
Old 09-18-2011, 10:30 AM   #170
Kasdeja

Quote:
Well, you're definitely not the Alan I was thinking of. He could comprehend simple English. Carry on, you defender of injustice!
Doktor, I think I love you.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:41 AM   #171
Solumina

Quote:
do they do anything other than talking negatively about minorities in the privacy of their own homes? No
Doktor Haus by your own words you admit that prejudice is common and a rather integrated and normal part of life, do you think that the kind of mindset that leads to such talk ends with just words behind closed doors?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:59 AM   #172
Alan

Quote:
I am the same Alan you were thinking of. And you're more ignorant than I remembered.
real classy
Old 09-18-2011, 04:40 PM   #173
Mr.Doobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasdeja View Post
Doktor, I think I love you.
Why don't you two get married and go be morons together then?

Quote:
Oh, come off it. Didn't I already say racism is disagreeable?
"I'm not racist. I'm just pissed because it's socially unacceptable to call black people ******s. Also, if they're offended by that then it's totes just 'cause they need to grow thicker skin and get over it, not because I'm an over privileged little white boy who's never so much as spoken to a minority so it's not like I don't understand what it's like or anything. I mean, I don't get offended when someone calls me honkey, so why should they be offended if I call them a "******"?"
Old 09-18-2011, 05:28 PM   #174
JCC

Doktor Haus is a fucking idiot.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:17 PM   #175
Catch

This fuck off fest is the most civil I've ever witnessed. I suppose the individual ideals of a single Skin Head could differ from the group. I hate it when various people act as though they speak my beliefs or people assume I would be against gay marriage or legalization of hemp because I'm a Republican.

So carry on with you're meaningful discussions about life and such.