Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 01-14-2006, 01:18 PM   #76
Scythan

Aww, no-one likes my name? :P

I like:

AlKilyu
Empty_Purple_Stars
MrMaelstrom
Santarea
edible_eye
Sanctus Dei
TheKorovaMilkbar
Arc_Avalo
Xnguela
NyQuil of Doom

I loathe:

*~Kendra_666_gothgirl~* (Argh, that took forever to type)
goth666king
gothboy13
HerGhostInTheFog
Perfectly_Flawed
anything with ~ in the name
anything with 13, 666, goth, etc.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:27 PM   #77
WolfMoon

Ha-ha.

I do say "Circle Vee" in my head, lol.

Thanks guys *blush*, I like that people like my name.

Suffice it to say that I like the people behind the names more than the names themselves.

I wonder myself where Pathogen's been. Haven't seen him on that other goth site either. And where the fuck is Seth?
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 02:06 PM   #78
Needled

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntinen
Needled makes me think of herion addicts. Its a bit strange, but in a good way.
You're not alone.. lol. Someone on the site asked me if I was using, once.
Needled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 02:13 PM   #79
chocolatelove

i love my name <3
chocolatelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 11:21 AM   #80
Moonie

i like my name too.

Wolfmoon, when i came on here and i saw your name, i immediatly took out wolf or anything to do with wolves as far as my name went.

....its half the reason i went with Moonie....

so wolfie, this ones for you....*sings* did you eva know that your my heeeerrooooooooooooo.......
Moonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 07:09 PM   #81
cannibalnuns

Well there is this one guy who has the most uber name. I think it was "cannibalnuns". He is such a hot little twat.
Firmness in enduring and exertion is a character I always wish to possess. I have always despised the whining yelp of complaint and cowardly resolve.- Robert Burns
cannibalnuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 07:20 PM   #82
xXambivalenceXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle V
I dislike names with gratuituous symbols in them. No offense, Ambivalence-- I actually quite like your name... except for the symbols.
Yeah, I know. I put the xX's because I was sure Ambivalence would belong to some ancient member, but, alas, I was wrong.

If I didn't think I'd be flamed, I'd just make a new username like "Ambi" or something.

Anyways, names I like:

Eyesoftragedy
Mr.Maelstrom
Xnguela
Alkilyu
Manimal
Old 01-15-2006, 08:45 PM   #83
joyslayer

I like manimal too. It's cute. But I did see this one I really liked, I just gotsta remember what it was. >_<

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
joyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 09:09 PM   #84
AlKilyu

Heh thanks all...but EPS is behind me picking my nick. The night I was to join I was running through possible names, and for whatever reason even I used the word "Suicide" in the form of "Jihatsu" (Japanese) the convo went like

me: Jay Horror?
eps: no
me: fatuglyportlandguy?
eps: shut up
me: Jihatsu?
me: (somethingelselameIdon'tremember)?
me: chockfull_blue_balls?
me: Al Kilyu?
eps: perfect
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 12:17 AM   #85
Blushing Heliophobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
to answer the question about my own name - no, it's not a reference to a bung hole. it comes from a story i wrote concerning post-apocalyptic humanity. meat is a rarity. finding a dead body that hasn't rotted is cause for celebration. finding a fresh one where the eyes are still moist is like winning the lottery for the eyes are considered a rare delicacy.
Wow. Far more creative than I had even imagined!
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 12:47 AM   #86
AlKilyu

I'd like to read that and some of your other stories edible. Where can I buy them? Maybe you can PM me a link?
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 12:57 AM   #87
tenet_2012

I like most of the user names as long as they are original or reflect the on-line personality of the user.

I especially like AlKilyu, Xng (I can never spell that so I'll leave as-is, as not to butcher it), eyesoftradgedy (because I have an unhealthy attraction to Maynard), and Empty_Purple_Stars.

As for mine, the world will end on December 22, 2012. I hope to be there when it happens. Plus, Ronin Harris uses it as well.

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:44 AM   #88
Ben Lahnger

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
Okay, my favorite names here are WolfMoon, Empty_Purple_Stars, Medic Girl, AlKilyu and Mr. Maelstrom.
I'm updating this to add some more names I have since realized are pretty damn cool. As well as the names above, I like Xnguela, Joyslayer, Mortalis Incomitatus and demonista ravanesque.

In prepping to write this, I finally got off my lazy cyber-ass and looked up the meaning of heliophobe ... and I like it so I'm adding Blushing Heliophobe to this list.

In reading the further posts here after my last post, there was one comment that made me decide to include a name I would not have otherwise. That comment came from edible_eye. Yes, I agree that punk irony really does describe an attitude and a personality, and so I include it here.

And finally, there is one name that speaks to me in a way no other name here does ... it whispers in my ear and says "You're taking this all too seriously ... lighten up and have a laugh, man!"

I chuckle to honor Nyquil of Doom.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:55 AM   #89
Blushing Heliophobe

Yay! I got two votes!

All the interesting and individual names have already been listed by other members so I won't re-list them.

I will say it did take me awhile to understand Ben Lahnger. He actually had to mention it for me to realize it wasn't an actual name.
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 07:04 AM   #90
Moonie

is it sad that i voted for myself?
.......yeah........

anyways happy names of doom:
alkilyu
santerea
wolfmoon *obviously*
blushing heliophobe
circle v
edible_eye
Moonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 07:32 AM   #91
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushing Heliophobe
I will say it did take me awhile to understand Ben Lahnger. He actually had to mention it for me to realize it wasn't an actual name.
Yeah, I figured that might be the case here. I've used this name (or a variation of it) in other places, but always in the context of discussions of sex and dating. I ported it here because I usually use my real name (which is fairly unique) or this one most places, and figured I would be talking about adult topics here.

I knew with the lack of context that the name wouldn't register as having meaning, and that's okay. I didn't expect any popularity votes for it, and I like the fact that folks here seems to appreciate my comments, which is vastly more important.

And besides, I created this name as a joke ... a punchline ... so I hope noone takes it too seriously.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 05:38 AM   #92
ghostposts

Niquil of Doom,
alkilyu,
Wolfmoon,
Disfunction,
Wise Child,
soggypicklemuncher,
Cussedness
ghostposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 11:58 AM   #93
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu

I'd like to read that and some of your other stories edible. Where can I buy them? Maybe you can PM me a link?
hahahaha... excellent pic, al.

and you can't buy my stories, but i'd be more than happy to send you whatever you'd like. e-mail me, bro.
Old 01-19-2006, 04:39 PM   #94
Manimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStone
I'm casting my vote for, Manimal. I never listened to the music group, but I grew up *I so remember that one halloween where I was treated my very own button* on the single season of the 80's show. I never thought anyone could make a more obscure pop-culture references than me...I was wrong.
I missed this?

Yes. I watched the show. I liked the show. I've heard there is a song called Manimal by WASP but I never heard it.

*pulls out rocking chair*

I've been known as Manimal since before any of you whippersnappers ever even logged in to the internet. Back then we accessed technology from other companies using something called mowdems. Back then, way back in the early nineties, names were earned, not chosen or given out like you forum happy B-loggin pixel huggin haxor nerds of today. No sir. I earned my name. I was knighted with the title of Manimal and aspire to live up to it's glory with every breath. Why I even go so far as....

*falls asleep and snores*

How did I get the name? From the TV show initially but I got it as a real life nick name because of the stuff I did with my friends. No - not THAT kind of stuff. I jumped bikes, drove crazy, climbed things, banged chicks, whatever. I was the physically active one of my group of nerdy roleplaying Industrial stompers. The day the name became official is when I jumped over my friends subaru station wagon. Granted, it was sideways not length ways but it was a clear jump right over the top (not the hood).

So uh yeah - the name stuck and here I am. I've been Manimal for over a decade. I spit on others who claim to be me on the Internet. Ok not really but I am a legend in my own mind.
Manimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 06:04 PM   #95
joyslayer

If I used any of my nicknames, people would die laughing.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 01-19-2006, 06:06 PM   #96
cannibalnuns

Ohhhhhhhhhh. Trust me we all have a few hidden away from the knowledge of others.
Firmness in enduring and exertion is a character I always wish to possess. I have always despised the whining yelp of complaint and cowardly resolve.- Robert Burns
Old 01-19-2006, 06:07 PM   #97
joyslayer

Yes. we do, because most of those stay in the bedroom, but not with me. Oh no.....

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 01-19-2006, 06:27 PM   #98
cannibalnuns

I heard one once. "Beast of the Bedroom."
Old 01-19-2006, 06:32 PM   #99
joyslayer

Better than "my pet" or, "chirper" (don't even ask on that one), or my least favorite "Cute little fuck". Sadly, the list goes on.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 01-19-2006, 06:42 PM   #100
joyslayer

Hehe, nicely put.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil