Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:25 PM   #1
dennydaniel

alarm radio show

Hi hi!

I hopped on the tour bus with the band The Alarm a few months ago and had a great time.

Mike Peters was working and touring with members of Squeeze, The Fixx, The Gin Blossoms, Jene Loves Jezabel and Nick Harper. He had a large bunch of fans on the bus with him and serenaded them for 3 hours jumping around the bus with an acoustic guitar while I filmed!

They did such songs as "I love the rain in the Summertime" "68 Guns", "Rescue Me" "Sold Me Down The River" and many many old rock/new wave classics

We did an interview at my apt and then went around the corner to see Glen Tilbrook of Squeeze play Joes Pub in NYC.

The show airs:

Thursday, Feb 25th at 9pm eastern NYC time, and again at midnight.

Then it rebroadcasts Sunday, Feb. 28 at 9am eastern NYC time.

You can tune in right off the website http://www.flashbackalternatives.com/
or open your itunes player radio tab and Flashback Alternatives is under the 80's tab & the alternative tab.
They get several 1000 listeners a day and it is an all request station.

The interview was incredible. Mike toured with U2 and Bob Dylan and many more amazing people who all love him. He is super sweet! He also works with an Organization that works with Cancer. You will learn everything at the show, enjoy!

I also invite you to tag on the radio stations tag board. You will see it on the home page. it is easy to do. if you click " pop up the tag" it will give you a nice window to type into.

ALSO:

The Museum of Interesting Things had a wonderful show at NYU last weekend and will do another show for Channel 13 Mar 5th & 6th at the NYC Hilton Hotel. This is not a free show so register below if you want information.

http://thirteencelebration.org/

Enjoy!

Denny
212 274 8757
dennydaniel is offline   Reply With Quote