Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 10:18 PM   #21751
raggedyanne

My ass hurts. Must . . . remind self . . . about . . . . GRAVITY!
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:08 PM   #21752
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedyanne
My ass hurts. Must . . . remind self . . . about . . . . CRISCO!
Funny, I just goatse'd my best friend.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:09 PM   #21753
raggedyanne

Nice! I have issues with stairs
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:35 AM   #21754
Cen0bite

I just had the sickest dream ever. I was shit and pissed on. I have no idea why!! I hate stuff like that.

Pinhead: What you think of as pain is a shadow. Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you. Gentlemen, I... Am... Pain
-Hellraiser:Bloodline
Old 09-01-2008, 11:20 AM   #21755
Mir

I've got two large balls down my throat, and it fucking hurts.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:04 PM   #21756
LiUsAiDh

Wow. Um. You'll never guess what my latest art project for the next term is....

Yup, you've guessed it....

Roadkill.

No, seriously, I'm drawing dead animals all term, and it wasn't even solely my choice. I still can't decide whether it's uber gawfick or just morbid and worrying.

:S

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
Old 09-01-2008, 12:19 PM   #21757
Geoluhread

Haven't seem you in a while liusaidh!! Waves!!

I kicked ass in my exam today!! Haha!!
I'm so proud of myself...!!
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 09-01-2008, 12:30 PM   #21758
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread

*Salutes*

Yeah, I'm back at school now, so the summer holiday's boredom has been replaced by copious amounts of work!

Well done! What kind of exam was it??

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
Old 09-01-2008, 12:33 PM   #21759
LetheanBlacklight

Yay copious amounts of work!
Old 09-01-2008, 12:37 PM   #21760
LiUsAiDh

*grumbles*

Pff

Damned physics problems >_>

*shuffles away still grumbling*

Old 09-01-2008, 12:46 PM   #21761
LetheanBlacklight

Awww *hands tea*
Old 09-01-2008, 12:59 PM   #21762
Geoluhread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiUsAiDh
*Salutes*

Yeah, I'm back at school now, so the summer holiday's boredom has been replaced by copious amounts of work!

Well done! What kind of exam was it??
*head pat* you poor thing, school sucks!! College rules!!

My exam today was to determine my level in english before i register subjects in college
You see, we have basically 3 english subjects, grammar and so... I dropped two because my result came out outstanding
I took the exam in 5 minutes, it had 50 questions, i got only 5 answers wrong... Which is very good

I took a computer test as well, but i didn't do that good, because in school we took computer in arabic, so my technological vocabulary isn't that good... I got 78%

I'm such a nerd!! I finished both exams in 15 minutes!!
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 09-01-2008, 01:03 PM   #21763
LiUsAiDh

*takes tea and drains it in one*

I have an atom with 8 protons, 8 neutrons, and 1057 electrons. Fuck.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:06 PM   #21764
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
*head pat* you poor thing, school sucks!! College rules!!

My exam today was to determine my level in english before i register subjects in college
You see, we have basically 3 english subjects, grammar and so... I dropped two because my result came out outstanding
I took the exam in 5 minutes, it had 50 questions, i got only 5 answers wrong... Which is very good

I took a computer test as well, but i didn't do that good, because in school we took computer in arabic, so my technological vocabulary isn't that good... I got 78%

I'm such a nerd!! I finished both exams in 15 minutes!!
Oooh! Well done!

Do the keyboards type in arabic? And do they do the joined up words (are they words that are joined up, or sentences?) or are the letters separate?

Old 09-01-2008, 01:06 PM   #21765
Geoluhread

Crap, that's a Shit load of electrons!!
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 09-01-2008, 01:07 PM   #21766
LiUsAiDh

I know, the answer book tells me I should have 10

Old 09-01-2008, 01:14 PM   #21767
Geoluhread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiUsAiDh
Oooh! Well done!

Do the keyboards type in arabic? And do they do the joined up words (are they words that are joined up, or sentences?) or are the letters separate?
The keyboards that are sold here have arabic letters on them, the letters on them are seperate, but when you type, they join
Only words are joined in arabic... But not every letter is join-able, it's a whole system here

We have arabic windows, office, everything... Which is stupid, it does nothing to empower kids' language..
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 09-01-2008, 01:17 PM   #21768
Beowulf

Cool

Quote:

Congratulations on passing your exam, that is so cool !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:19 PM   #21769
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
The keyboards that are sold here have arabic letters on them, the letters on them are seperate, but when you type, they join
Only words are joined in arabic... But not every letter is join-able, it's a whole system here

We have arabic windows, office, everything... Which is stupid, it does nothing to empower kids' language..
.... The hours I could waste messing around with joining up the words I type...

Old 09-01-2008, 01:38 PM   #21770
Saya

Just finished moving the stuff I left behind at my old apartment, she finally found a new roommate. I didn't realize I have so many books! With all the books I got after I initially moved out, there's no room in my bookcase, I had to stack books and fit them in somehow. It was like playing tetris, actually.

On the other hand, she somehow broke the feet off of an Egyptian statue I had.....
Old 09-01-2008, 03:01 PM   #21771
Delkaetre

I have moved out now.
The place I am staying is costing me £50/week including food and bills (though I may contribute more if I wish), and is actually much nicer than the room I had before!
Hurrah for ridiculously lovely and generous people! They're only taking the £50 week because I will insist on paying.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 09-01-2008, 03:39 PM   #21772
Underwater Ophelia

I want badly to write but I have writer's block.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:42 PM   #21773
Sir_Vex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
I want badly to write but I have writer's block.
Trade you. I've got the inexplicable urge to continue writing, despite what I'm writing being dull, trite, cliche, and a rip off of both Ellis and McInerney.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:01 PM   #21774
Solumina

As some of you may have noticed I am spending less and less time on the boards and I just wanted to let you all know that it is simply due to classes starting. I have a lot less free time than I did before and now all of my friends are back in the area so what little time I have I tend to spend with them instead of on here, chances are that I will drop off the boards for a few weeks and then pop back on once I get into a regular rhythm.

On another note we found out that my roommate's hamster is in fact not a boy, Mitchy must have been improperly sexed and now we have five baby hamsters. We separated MoMo so that there is no risk of him hurting the babies and Mitchy seems to be a good mom, now we just have to find homes for all the babies and figure out what we are going to do with the adults.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Old 09-01-2008, 06:28 PM   #21775
raggedyanne

Oh my! Aren't the girl ones just lacking in dangly bits?
Closed Thread