Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-30-2007, 02:53 PM   #1
Minyaliel

Exams.

Damn that shithead who invented exams... especially home exams including exam portfolios. I've been writing day and night the last week now, trying to force myself to finish it. The deadline's on Thursday. Damn, damn, damn.

As you probably can see from my language, I'm sleep deprived. Please bear with me. *throws small rest of extra strong espresso out of the window and goes to bed, whatever my mind tells me to do*
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:13 PM   #2
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
I like exams at my high school. I'm good at exams. Then when you have freetime someone usualy brings video game systems to play with in the cafeteria. What is your exam for anyways? Also what does your signature mean? I'm interested in learning latin but I must wait because the course is only available online in my district and is completely full.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 04:35 PM   #3
Godslayer Jillian

I like exams too. It's homework I can't stand.
If you can do your test from home, is there anything we can help you with?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:47 PM   #4
Encaitare

Heh, I don't mind exams. I'm good at them. It's class participation I always lose credit in...
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:03 PM   #5
Johnny Gnar Gnar

I only have one class with exams this semester. North American Indian Cultures. The great thing about it is I already know enough, and the prof. leaves the questions open-ended enough that I can put alot of my own ideas into it. Gotta love college, where discussion is preferred over lecture. As for the other classes, they are put on by my advisor who is also one of my better friends around here. In all reality they are pretty much b.s. Nothing too difficult at all. I usually do better with class participation than I do on tests, for the simple fact that I take classes I can get into and have some sort of an intellegent discussion about.
Johnny Gnar Gnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:53 AM   #6

Exams are (for the most part) just a regurgitation of stuff that you will forget very quickly. I'm not a fan of them. The best way to learn something is through repetition.
To do well at exams you have to have an interest in the subject. Therein lies the conundrum.
655322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:07 AM   #7
Minyaliel

Renatus - I'm studying drama and theatre, and had to write something about my practical exam and two big essays (of the ten- pages- each kind) about some topic in the topics theatre educational science (dealing with how to use drama and theatre in schools, therapy etc) and theatre history. I'll get you a good translation of my sig. I guess you're not in a hurry? I want to find the original translation in the book I found the verse in.

Jillian - thanks for asking, but, no. I'm finished with writing now (feels so good...!) and am waiting to have it printed out so that I can hand it in. =)

Johnny Gnar Gnar - having an intelligent discussion is really what exams at my level are about... I find it is difficult to maintain an interesting discussion with yourself for any length of time, though, especially when I must write it down.

655322 - I totally agree.

Home exams are bad, because there will be so many distrcations from what you're supposed to do that seem a lot more tempting than sitting down to write about LARP's or the primitive origins of the theatre... heh.

But, I'm finished, and that's what counts. Finally I'll have time to sleep at night.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:24 PM   #8
LaBelleDameSansMerci

I just had a psychology midterm on Tuesday. I thought I was screwed, cuz I'd read the textbook once, and gone over half the notes, some of which I couldn't find. I think I did reasonably well, though, for how much I studied...
I really should have studied more, but I lack the necessary motivation.
Heck, I lack the necessary motivation to get out of bed in many situations.

Anyway, in one of my art history classes we have two "take-home exams" every term, which are basically 1500 word essays that we have a week to do. I'm hoping the new prof isn't an arbitrary asshole like the first-term prof was...
At least she doesn't have a fluffy vulcan-cut.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote