Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:54 PM   #451
Mr E Nigma

Playing arkham City
Old 11-01-2011, 09:34 AM   #452
From the Ashes

I'm playing Oblivion to kill some time while waiting for Skyrim.
From the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:48 PM   #453
Beowulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by From the Ashes View Post
I'm playing Oblivion to kill some time while waiting for Skyrim.
`Oblivion` is an awesome game, excellent choice !!!.

Currently playing `Fallout: New Vegas` which is a brilliant game, one of the best I`ve played in a long time !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:59 PM   #454
PorlNecklace

I'm wrapping up my first play-through of Chrono Trigger, finishing side quests before confronting the final boss. Am sad that its almost over, and still crave more details from the characters.
PorlNecklace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:14 PM   #455
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
FINALLY, AFTER 8 YEARS OF WAITING, I HAVE FINISHED Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines

Ever since I heard about the game at a hotel room near Fort Mccoy Wisconsin(we were there for a change of command ceremony if memory serves me right), through the repeated commercials on tech tv(we didn't and still don't have cable tv, not that I watch tv anymore), the commercials from that brief time got me hooked on the game. Top that off with the fact that the game's website was amazing.

Though in many ways the game ended up being quite different from the website due to a changing out of a lot of employees, and the new employees had to rush out a altered story line in a very short amount of time. Combine that with the fact that the game company went completely under due to the unfortunate timing of the game release compared to other far more popular games overshadowing it's release, leaving them a short amount of time to fix as many of the issues as they possibly could. Activision the greedy bastards that they were(probably Ventrue) didn't care at all about fixing up the game, so it was left up to the players to come up with unofficial patches. In spite of all it's flaws it has become a cult classic of a game, a game that gave a genuinely unique and original experience never seen before or since.

It wouldn't be for another 4 years(I think) until I actually got the game, and I never ended up getting past hollywood, due to what I think was procrastination out of disappointment that my haven was stuck at the crappy one in santa monica due to bugs and missed content due to the loss of Troika Games (the game's creator). So eventually I heard about a unofficial patch that would solve the problem, unfortunately it ended up causing graphics problems with the computer. So it would not be until FINALLY when I got this laptop, and transferred the game to this that I finally managed to get around to beating the game.

I also ended up torrenting the game, because gamestop's game download service(I bought a downloadable version from their website) just wasn't working.

So now after 8 years, in spite of the fact that I have watch the ending on youtube several times

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:48 PM   #456
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
FINALLY, AFTER 8 YEARS OF WAITING, I HAVE FINISHED Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines

Ever since I heard about the game at a hotel room near Fort Mccoy Wisconsin(we were there for a change of command ceremony if memory serves me right), through the repeated commercials on tech tv(we didn't and still don't have cable tv, not that I watch tv anymore), the commercials from that brief time got me hooked on the game. Top that off with the fact that the game's website was amazing.

Though in many ways the game ended up being quite different from the website due to a changing out of a lot of employees, and the new employees had to rush out a altered story line in a very short amount of time. Combine that with the fact that the game company went completely under due to the unfortunate timing of the game release compared to other far more popular games overshadowing it's release, leaving them a short amount of time to fix as many of the issues as they possibly could. Activision the greedy bastards that they were(probably Ventrue) didn't care at all about fixing up the game, so it was left up to the players to come up with unofficial patches. In spite of all it's flaws it has become a cult classic of a game, a game that gave a genuinely unique and original experience never seen before or since.

It wouldn't be for another 4 years(I think) until I actually got the game, and I never ended up getting past hollywood, due to what I think was procrastination out of disappointment that my haven was stuck at the crappy one in santa monica due to bugs and missed content due to the loss of Troika Games (the game's creator). So eventually I heard about a unofficial patch that would solve the problem, unfortunately it ended up causing graphics problems with the computer. So it would not be until FINALLY when I got this laptop, and transferred the game to this that I finally managed to get around to beating the game.

I also ended up torrenting the game, because gamestop's game download service(I bought a downloadable version from their website) just wasn't working.

So now after 8 years, in spite of the fact that I have watch the ending on youtube several times
I suppose you'll be wanting your goth card back, now. What did you think of it? Favorite moment? Most hated character? Give us the details.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:58 PM   #457
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
, so it was left up to the players to come up with unofficial patches.
Actually, I heard it on the grapevine that quite a few of the mods, including The Unofficial Patch that fixes most of the serious bugs, were done by former Troika employees on their own time, for free. Its a real labour of love and its such a shame Activision pushed it out before it was ready.

Kinda funny though that pushing games out before their ready is now the new standard. I have friends who play The Sims religiously and buy the expansions the day of release, only to find that they have to wait for a patch before it'll work at all.

And the Dragon Age bug that screws up the relationship between Zevran and the Warden in Dragon Age 2 still annoys me to no fucking end.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:44 AM   #458
Murder.Of.Crows

Just went back to Tales of Phantasia. Forgot how much I actually loved old school video games.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:49 AM   #459
Renatus

Oh dear I seem to have left out a part at the end there, eh I was tired. I must finish the ending to my post.

So now after 8 years, in spite of the fact that I have watch the ending on youtube several timesI found myself quite enjoying how the game ended.

It is a bit interesting to see how my stance on how I conduct myself in the game has changed over the years though. Originally when I first got started I found myself dedicated to achieving the survivable Camarilla ending. But when I found myself playing it over the past few days, I found that I was more inclined to supporting the anarchs, rather strange really.

Though I couldn't help but enjoy Caine's character in the game, and the bonding time we had as father and son(well some sort of great grandson). Ooh and having Malkav whispering in my ear so I never feel lonely was nice too.

Now for your questions versus. Favorite character..... Tricky question there, I quite liked the eloquence of the way Ming Xiao spoke, combined with the voice they used for her made a very nice combination. Shame I had to kill her.... and years ago I found myself quite enjoying Jeanette, her little fire of insanity is cute, and I've always been a fan of her voice actor. But after awhile of playing through her story over and over it gets annoying... Then we have the delightful confessions of a goddess, the dam sail, the widow,the stop sign, the great conversationalist that is the news anchor(he laughs a bit too much), Nines is a good friend figure.

I think for now I'm going with ViVi, due in part to how she reacted when I confronted her about Susan, and she had to take some time to pray for the girl she used to be.

Most hated character.. The blood bank guy, such an asshole, and completely out of reach, I would of loved to have been able to drain him dry...Though I did get a good laugh out of him. Second place goes to Johnny, young upstart Tong member that he is, I REALLY enjoyed draining him.... I also hated how his goons kept getting the goth clubber killed, I kept redoing the Glaze over and over trying to find a way to prevent her from dying but it just didn't work. Lacroix was just too childish to be worth the effort of hating him, though I didn't enjoy slashing him open with his letter opener any less because of that.

I was rather proud of how I barely used any blood packs throughout the game, and often even barely used any ammunition. I survived through the Nosferatu warrens with just a single blood pack and an odious challice, despite it being the part of the game with the most aggravated damage. Sneaking around in the last two quests of the game draining, stabbing or simply killing the enemy with my powers was quite enjoyable since I was finally getting a decent challenge while being able to dispatch everyone with ease.

All together I'd say I owe this game a debt of gratitude for introducing me to the world of darkness, and am looking forward to anything else that white wolf can offer me. I think that's all I'll say for now before my favorite character shifts again.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 02-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #460
Renatus

Also Versus I had no idea you were a pickpocket :P

Old 04-15-2012, 11:54 AM   #461
Cannon

Currently trying to finish Fallout: New Vegas.
Well I lied, I didn't start playing yet, but will in a few minutes!
Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:07 AM   #462
shadowynne

i drift in and out of oblivion, morrowind, fable and fable 2 quite regularly... still havnt picked up skyrim yet...

for the most part im a mobile gamer spending my time on ds and psp...
which breaks down to,
monster hunter (freedom unite)-this is possibly my favorite game of all time, an absolute time murdering, soul crushing, crack-equivalent game...

phantasy star portable 2 -lovely game...

god eater burst -sweet gods if any of you like action rpgs (like MH or PS) and like anime, you MUST play this game!

metal gear solid peacewalker -nothing need be said, one of the best MGS games released...

okamiden -oh gods! so cute! sooooooo @#$^%ing cute! simple but charming game

aliens infestation -side scrolling aliens action, great aliens atmosphere. i mostly run amok firing the pulse rifle randomly (because i love the sound it makes) and playing the bishop knife/hand game... its like metroid with an aliens theme!

other than that i dick around with various castlevanias (ds) and animal crossing(ds)

the other white phant, you love it depannon
shadowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #463
Haejin

Vampire bloodlines. I love practically everything about the game...however...I was so disappointed after reaching the nosferatu in the sewers. So much work for so little joy.
Haejin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #464
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haejin View Post
Vampire bloodlines. I love practically everything about the game...however...I was so disappointed after reaching the nosferatu in the sewers. So much work for so little joy.
Lol, yep everyone who has played bloodlines feels your pain. Glad to see you're enjoying it. I assume you're in Chinatown by now correct?

Old 04-18-2012, 05:15 PM   #465
Haejin

Yep finally!
Old 04-18-2012, 05:23 PM   #466
Saya

Quote:
Hate the sewer level, but I love Gary, if only for his voice. I think if the game was made now there would be a lot more to the Nosferatu hideout, but keep in mind its older and was kicked out the door before it was done.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:03 PM   #467
Haejin

Gary was pretty cool, I liked the others as well... i'm currently working on Mitnicks quest. Oh saya, did you ever meet the zombie killing guy in the cemetery? I found him, then we did the nasty, then he became a blood doll. BUT now everytime I go back there he's gone.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:29 PM   #468
Renatus

BTW what clan are you playing vin?

Old 04-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #469
Saya

Quote:
Gary was pretty cool, I liked the others as well... i'm currently working on Mitnicks quest. Oh saya, did you ever meet the zombie killing guy in the cemetery? I found him, then we did the nasty, then he became a blood doll. BUT now everytime I go back there he's gone.
Yeah, he broke my heart! He's like what, one of two dudes who you can flirt with?

Also I don't know why but he reminded me of Kontan.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #470
AshleyO

Saya, you really have to have a heart to heart with Mass Effect.

I'm back to playing Skyrim for now. I've decided on stealth and mind control.

It's my go-to game.

But I can't wait for Dragon's Dogma and Dishonored!

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:31 PM   #471
Saya

So Versus tells me. But my xbox is unfortunately no where near my modem and I don't want to waste money on the wireless addon, and my computer isn't stable enough to get it on PC without feeling heartbroken if it crashes again and loses my save files.

Should totally play SWTOR with us though.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:07 PM   #472
Haejin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Yeah, he broke my heart! He's like what, one of two dudes who you can flirt with?

Also I don't know why but he reminded me of Kontan.

He's disappeared and I can't find him anywhere! He reminds me of Kontan also. Another character I loved was nines. But i got him killed.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:08 PM   #473
Haejin

Oh and Kontan, look at what my friend did on skyrim. HOARDER.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:40 PM   #474
AshleyO

That pic stresses me out.

Saya. Why do you need online for ME?

BTW, you can actually get internet for your Xbox by using your computer with a regular modem cable.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:57 PM   #475
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
That pic stresses me out.

Saya. Why do you need online for ME?

BTW, you can actually get internet for your Xbox by using your computer with a regular modem cable.
It bugs me that I can't download patches and get DLCs. There's a mean bug in Assassin's Creed that made it crash, I'm afraid is going to happen again so I haven't finished it. I bought Dragon Age a while ago but haven't played it since I realized that means I can't play with Shale. ITS NOT THE SAME.

Buuut I didn't know that! That would work nicely.