Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #1
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Monsanto is pure evil

I'm sure most people here know of the evils of Monsanto, and many even like me protested against them yesterday. Well let this be a reminder to those who don't know, and a full blown warning to those who do... Monsanto has hired Blackwater to target those of us who would speak out against them. http://www.naturalnews.com/040492_GM...lackwater.html

They have no morals, no limits, no bounds to their evil.. They would kill the world, everyone and everything on it, for their greed. They WILL kill the world, if they aren't stopped.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:08 AM   #2
Jonathan

Are they a purer evil than Blackwater or XE or whatever they are presently called? I dislike the two about evenly, although I'm leaning more towards being anti war merc.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #3
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Definitely, sure it takes a certain kind of evil to be blackwater.... but to hire blackwater and sic them on someone, that's even worse.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:25 PM   #4
Fruitbat

good on ya Ren... Monsanto don't give a rats about people, only profits.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #5
Jonathan

Unlike every single other publicly traded company...
Old 06-03-2013, 08:00 AM   #6
Deadmanwalking_05

Monsanto is just doing the soft kill job that Big Gov. wants it to do.

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:30 AM   #7
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
Unlike every single other publicly traded company...
I don't know, there are a few publicly traded companies which are okay, and actually care about peeps.

Just thinking about the case about Monsanto and a Canadian farmer a few years ago.

The farmer's property was 'contaminated' by Monsanto seed, which had blown onto his property from across the road. Monsanto sued him for using their product without authority (or something like that).

But hey, I bet there are a ton of people who protest Monsanto and the rest, yet will have no qualms about wearing clothing made in sweat shops.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #8
Jonathan

It was a little more complicated than that, if you are referring to Monsanto Canada Inc. v. Schmeiser. This is one of those very misunderstood lawsuits, like the McDonalds Coffee thing.

"Thus a farmer whose field contains seed or plants originating from seed spilled into them, or blown as seed, in swaths from a neighbour's land or even growing from germination by pollen carried into his field from elsewhere by insects, birds, or by the wind, may own the seed or plants on his land even if he did not set about to plant them. He does not, however, own the right to the use of the patented gene, or of the seed or plant containing the patented gene or cell."

The problem was that Schmeiser was intentionally cultivating the Roundup resistant crop, which resulted in patent infringement. When he began setting aside seed from the crop, it stopped being "blown in from the neighbors" and became a deliberate willful action.

Dude should have either paid the licensing fee, or stopped using the Roundup resistant crop when he was confronted about it.