Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:17 PM   #1
Angelic Dissonance2

Newborn baby found alive in Morgue--

--I can't actually believe this wasn't here already.

http://news.**********/blogs/sidesho...175501352.html

Quote:
A newborn in Argentina was found very much alive in a morgue by her mother 12 hours after hospital staff had declared the baby dead.

The mother, Analia Bouguet, tells TeleNoticias TV that the hospital still has issued her only a death certificate for the infant rather than a birth certificate. Bouguet said she is planning to pursue a medical malpractice suit.

The Daily Mail reports that the baby was Bouguet's fifth and was born prematurely.

Two hours after being issue a death certificate, Bouguet and her husband visited the morgue because they wanted to see their child one more time.

"The baby was there and they put the little casket on a stretcher. We looked for a bar to pry it open," the baby's father, Fabian Veron, said in a press conference. "My wife looked and uncovered it slowly. She saw the little hand and then uncovered the face. That's when it let the first little cry out."

"That night, we went to the morgue. We wanted to take a photo of our daughter," Bouguet told Argentina's Clarin newspaper. "But when a worker opened the drawer, we heard a cry and she was alive."

The newborn has been named Luz Milagros, or "Miracle Light." She is still listed as being in critical condition but is said to be improving. The deputy provincial health minister announced that five medical professionals involved in the case have been suspended, pending further investigation.

"At the moment we have no explanation," hospital director Jose Luis Meirino told the paper. "The baby was attended to by obstetricians, gynecologists and a neonatologist. They all reached the same conclusion, that this girl was stillborn."
E. A. Poe shit in this bitch.
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:12 PM   #2
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Whoa! The doctors didn't spank the baby perhaps to evoke its breathing?

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #3
Cannon

Right! I was reading this in the newspaper the other day...

I would looove to know the medical facts behind this case. Miracle or mistake?
Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:02 PM   #4
Valhalla

It's not a miracle. Cooling unresponsive babies induces breathing, I've read that before. It's still an experimental thing I think, so maybe that's why the doctors never thought about it. But I'm not a medical expert, so it could have been negligence.

I'm glad she was found in time. It would have been a sin for her to have died alone there.

EDIT:

Here's an article on cooling babies.
Here's another.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #5
Angelic Dissonance2

Quote:
"...To be buried while alive is, beyond question, the most terrific of these extremes which has ever fallen to the lot of mere mortality. That it has frequently, very frequently, so fallen will scarcely be denied by those who think. The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins? We know that there are diseases in which occur total cessations of all the apparent functions of vitality, and yet in which these cessations are merely suspensions, properly so called. They are only temporary pauses in the incomprehensible mechanism. A certain period elapses, and some unseen mysterious principle again sets in motion the magic pinions and the wizard wheels. The silver cord was not for ever loosed, nor the golden bowl irreparably broken. But where, meantime, was the soul?"
Come on, man. Y'all know who said that.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #6
mindless1

cool quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #7
Angelic Dissonance2

?

^^^ Anyone want to shed some light on what just happened there? I do hope my thread isn't infected with bots. It's bad enough I had to change my password when I found someone in Thailand had sent a hundred emails from my account.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #8
Pineapple_Juice

^ thanks for the chuckles.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:41 PM   #9
Angelic Dissonance2

Oh, my god.

BOTS!!! BOTS EVERYWHERE!!!! GET THE IODINE!!! GET THE DISINFECTANT!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #10
♥♥♥TwilightElf♥♥♥

Why is a link from yahoo hidden? I'm glad they found the child in time.

How would they make a mistake about weather the child is alive or not?
♥♥♥TwilightElf♥♥♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #11
AresInFurs

E. A. Poe shit in this bitch, indeed.
AresInFurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:59 PM   #12
senegalito

Wow!) Great post, thanks!)))
senegalito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:51 AM   #13
AresInFurs

Damn. Imagine the epic story that baby is going to be able to tell her grandchildren.

Jelaous right now ...
AresInFurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #14
Joker_in_the_Pack

Talk about from cradle to grave (bah dum tss)
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote