Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-02-2007, 05:34 PM   #1
Pyre

New Year's Disaster Thread

Awesome. Let's whine about our New Year's night in THIS thread.

So, I was staying with my cousin and her husband for a few days, which was fine. But, I had to leave on New Year's Eve because her husband's parents did not want to have me over because I am not legal drinking age. So, instead I became a designated driver for my mother and my aunt. it was fine at first, we attended a block party in Florida and walked around the streets. But after 12 hit we headed over to my aunt's friend's house. There, the adults commenced in drinking champagne. Still fine, nothing wrong with that, even though this particular guy named Marlin annoyed me quite badly. Shortly after there were secrets and whisperings passing around the table among the adults as I sat there, and I am not stupid: I knew exactly what was going on. My aunt was inquiring Marlin about his stash of pot, and he said it was inside on the table, and so they were off. A couple of minutes later Marlin came out and asked if anyone else wanted to join the "Smoking Lounge". My mom got up slowly to walk in, trying to be nonchalant, and failed. I knew what she was up to, and I told her I knew, so she sat back down claiming she was just joking around. A couple of minutes later she made an excuse to go in and turn the oven off, since the woman of the household said that her oven was on. My mom came out a few minutes later with the smell of pot on her, trying to play it off as if she only went in to do as she said.
After bringing the both of them back to my aunt's house I stayed in the car, failed to get picked up by my grandmother (she was asleep, and it was almost 2am), and so I called a friend of mine instead looking for a friendly voice to talk to. I was so upset. Yes, the fact that they were smoking pot bothered me (I am such a goody-goody), but the breaker was the fact that they treated me as if I were stupid, and everyone filled the air with such lies. That is what pissed me off, and that is what caused me to lock myself in the car and sleep in there until the next morning. Worst New Year's of my life.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:47 PM   #2
Godslayer Jillian

Nah, I win in this site.
I began the year by knowing that I missed the registration deadline of my second option in the school I'm going to.
At least I didn't miss the deadline for my top school choice, but this one I missed had offered me full tuition.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:58 PM   #3
Ictum

I feel for you. We're the one in my area that arranges the New Years "party" each year. And since it's an extremely wealthy neighbourhood (us included) only really wealthy snobbish, arrogant people show up.. Gah, and their kids of course. I wanted to spend it somewhere else but none of my friends were up to anything funny (read: they were going to different places to drink), I have no problems hanging out and so, but the places they go to.. They go there to get extremely drunk, that's it. And since I'm a non-drinker, I have no reason to follow.

It ended up with me spending all the time in front of my computer (which happends too often..) just chatting and talking with some friends whom I know online only.

The people were oppenly shocked about how I looked/dressed now, their faces gave me some sort of satisfaction I guess. Did I forgot to say that I don't like people wo pretend to be a "good" (oh how I abhor that word) citizen?

Ok, I'm calm now.
Ictum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 06:12 PM   #4
disorder

I was staying with a few friends in my friend's shack on the coast. There was quite a few people about, from other shacks and from along at the camp site... mainly guys around our age and a little older. My friend's mum said we had to be back at the shack by 9. So while we were walking around, we were asked on three differnt occasions if we'd like to have a drink with people. We politely declined. On returning to the shack, we were promptly locked in, being told that "Those boys have been around here, asking for you and saying some horrible things." We spent the rest of the night, sitting quietly in the dark as about 20 drunk 15-17 year olds ran all around the shack trying to get in. And there was no phone reception.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:14 PM   #5
PersephoneX

I got dumped. My friends all went to the party i was supposed to go to with the asshole. With all my friends stuck on the other side of town, i ran to the station, to catch the last train to Obs. And then my favourite club wasnt even OPEN! i ended up sober, at some strange relative's house. Sitting on a couch, all night!
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:42 AM   #6
Minyaliel

I sat staring into the air trying to ignore my hated ex- stepfather for five hours while being bored to death by my grandmother (whose memory is so bad she keeps repeating the same things at least twenty times in the course of one evening) and annoyed by my sulky brother and stressed- out mother. Unfortunately, that's how a standard family get- together is in our family. *sigh*
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:38 AM   #7
PersephoneX

*hugs!*

tell you guys what? next year, if we all suspect new year's gonna go south, you can come and party with me, i'll buy the first round of absynthe!!!
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:34 AM   #8
cradle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minyaliel
I sat staring into the air trying to ignore my hated ex- stepfather for five hours while being bored to death by my grandmother (whose memory is so bad she keeps repeating the same things at least twenty times in the course of one evening) and annoyed by my sulky brother and stressed- out mother. Unfortunately, that's how a standard family get- together is in our family. *sigh*
I had to spend new years with my sister, who's memory is equally bald...well, almost.
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:51 AM   #9
Toxic_Envy

I couldn't go anywhere anyway since most of my friends are either A) not alowed out or B) live to far away and I couldn't get a lift and most of the people who live near me aren't talking to me for one of two reasons. So I ended up spending it watching my dad get drunk and listning to my mum complain about my dad's sister. Let's just say I didn't have a very good time.
Toxic_Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 04:15 PM   #10
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I got stuck at home with my step sister, my step mother, my step sister's boyfriend, my 1 year old niece, my brother and my dad. We stayed up all night listening to my niece not wanna go to bed and whine and cry and playing Yahtzee and Scrabble. My so called "Best" friend ditched me to go hang out with a guy that she never ended up hanging out with. And my boyfriend's mother was a bitch and wouldn't let him stay until midnight.

I mean don't get me wrong I love spending time with my family, but New Year's wasn't just one of those nights.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 04:40 PM   #11
korinna5555

i was sleeping before the ball dropped
dad woke me up to watch it
and just like when i was 4, i said "you woke me up for THAT?!"
Old 01-03-2007, 04:42 PM   #12
Crying_Crimson_Tears

He he. Sounds nice. My dad never really had a choice when I was younger. He normally worked holidays, and he worked the night shift. Things were really tough back then. He had just kicked my mom out. But since he stopped working nights I think he stayed up maybe 2 or 3 times until midnight. I don't remember him too much staying up. He doesn't like the holidays. But this year he stayed up. But he was really tired in doing so.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:09 AM   #13
Don't Look Behind You

Location: a russian, vienna-educated, living in the Netherlands. beat that.
New Year..........the thought makes me dizzy.

Disgusting thing, New Year. I followed the Russian tradition of being under pressure knowing that New Year night must be perfect and so filling myself up with alcohol and pot until I was under the table.

And that wasn't the end of it either.

After midnight I went for a walk with my boyfriend. We had a huge drama of yelling, screaming and scratching and bitching and then I ran off without letting him finish the sentance.
Only later I realized that I had nowhere to spend the night becuase my mom had thrown me out of the house with a "And don't dare come back!" that morning.
I walked around town among all those drunkards for hours and hours...and on heels.

And then on the 1st of January 2007 I woke up with bloody feet under a tree in a park in the opposite part of town from my house.

Hmmmmmmm...I wonder what the symbolises for how this year will be for me.
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Don't Look Behind You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:19 AM   #14
cradle

Wow, that must have sucked.... D:

Me, I got off lucky this year, I suppose.
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:05 PM   #15
Tindomiel

Sorry to hear that a lot of people didn't enjoy their evenings... My evening started out fine, I guess. A few of my friends and I had a intimate dinner before we went to a bigger party. The evening started to go down-hill when one of my best friends comes up to me with tears in her eyes because a guy she had been out with was making out with another girl. Then my other best friend joins the cry-fest, because she's insecure about her boyfriend's feelings for her. Or something. It's kind of complicated.
Then she had to leave, and since she lives out of town, I rarely get to see her on the holidays. That got me to tear up, and when the guy I like didn't even care, I just broke down (we have a kind of history together, and...well, yeah). I cried so hard that I almost couldn't breathe. Me face looked like it was gray due to my make-up melt down. Then I had to walk for an hour on a dirtroad, in high heels. At least I got to sleep in a proper bed. I hope the year will improve, that's all I can say.
Tindomiel is offline   Reply With Quote