Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 01-29-2011, 02:36 AM   #1
CptSternn

Castlevania - Lord Of Shadows

Any one else play this game?

I picked it up last week and finished it yesterday. Visually it is amazing. The gameplay is identical to Devil May Cry and the game itself feels like a cross between Dantes Inferno and Devil May Cry.

The only problem I have with the game is it is too difficult. I finished it sure, but not without spending a shitload of time watching walkthrough vids on YouTube.

Not for the casual gamer, which is a shame because it looks stunning and the game play is fun, when you aren't trying to sort out some insanely difficult puzzle or figure out which direction/angle you are supposed to be jumping.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:21 AM   #2
Murder.Of.Crows

Well it follows the difficulty of the previous games. At first i strongly disliked it, because i thought it was a random game with the trademark name, just to sell. Until it became clear that it was more of a prequel to the old nintendo games, explaining the initial involvement of the Belmont family.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:40 PM   #3
Cruven

Amazing game, though I'm not sure I agree on the difficulty. The final boss was a horribly disappointing cakewalk, the prep fight for him was much harder.
Cruven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:42 PM   #4
JJ_Spade

I Have This Game, I Just Bought It, Popped It In And Of Course...My Ps3 Controller Isn't Working, Hopefully Replacing Or Fixing It Myself Here Soon. Definitely Don't Sound Fun If The Final Boss Is Too Easy. I Hope The Boss Isn't A Cake Walk On My End.
JJ_Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:36 AM   #5
6SixSick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruven View Post
Amazing game, though I'm not sure I agree on the difficulty. The final boss was a horribly disappointing cakewalk, the prep fight for him was much harder.
it's like the tsang tsung Goro thing from mk1 eh?
6SixSick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:50 AM   #6
JJ_Spade

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SixSick View Post
Lol! Don't Remind Me!!!
Old 03-01-2011, 08:09 PM   #7
sgtslaughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SixSick View Post
Superior....
sgtslaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:22 PM   #8
JJ_Spade

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtslaughter View Post
Superior....
Get Off Gnet And Leave Six Alone, I Won't Allow You To Mistreat Him, He Obvious Has More Brains Than You So Yeah Your Right...He Is Superior...Bow Down Bitch.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:33 PM   #9
sgtslaughter

Fucking Smash Your Face Into A Wall You Dumb Bitch. It Will Be An Improvement From That Aborted Pizza You Call A Face.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:37 PM   #10
JJ_Spade

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtslaughter View Post
Fucking Smash Your Face Into A Wall You Dumb Bitch. It Will Be An Improvement From That Aborted Pizza You Call A Face.
Keep It Up...
Old 03-01-2011, 09:39 PM   #11
sgtslaughter

What the fuck do you think you're going to do about it? You're stupid and no one likes you here. I bet its the same way in real life for you to. Go breath some fumes.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:43 PM   #12
JJ_Spade

Keep Going....
Old 03-02-2011, 09:20 AM   #13
sgtslaughter

Worhtless gutterslut.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:49 AM   #14
JJ_Spade

I Don't Know How Many Warnings I Can Give You But You Better Start Respecting People On Here Or Get Off.

Any man may easily do harm, but not every man can do good to another. -Plato-
Old 03-02-2011, 11:45 AM   #15
Mr.Doobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Spade View Post
I Don't Know How Many Warnings I Can Give You But You Better Start Respecting People On Here Or Get Off.
What, pray tell, are you going to do if he doesn't heed your warnings?
Mr.Doobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:52 AM   #16
JJ_Spade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Doobie View Post
What, pray tell, are you going to do if he doesn't heed your warnings?
Reporting All His Posts?

Old 03-02-2011, 11:55 AM   #17
Murder.Of.Crows

Great, she got the power to give infractions. Routine stupidity away!!!! Seriously...
"I Don't Know How Many Warnings I Can Give You But You Better Start Respecting People On Here Or Get Off. " Proof of a superiority complex. Naturally one must gain respect to hold any position to say this to people.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #18
JJ_Spade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
Great, she got the power to give infractions. Routine stupidity away!!!! Seriously...
"I Don't Know How Many Warnings I Can Give You But You Better Start Respecting People On Here Or Get Off. " Proof of a superiority complex. Naturally one must gain respect to hold any position to say this to people.
And How Should I Gain Respect Or Respect Those Who Are Going Around Calling People Slut And Fag? I'm Not The Only One He Is Doing This To.

Old 03-02-2011, 12:07 PM   #19
Murder.Of.Crows

...You know what I was going to tell you to shut up and ignore him, but you are too fucking immature to figure it out, even if i beat it upside your head with a nail ridding two by four. What I was referring to was that your comment held elitism in it and you have no place to even do so. You reached 200 posts with complete idiocy and then turn around to deem other posters as noobs, whom should respect you?
Old 03-02-2011, 09:21 PM   #20
JJ_Spade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
...You know what I was going to tell you to shut up and ignore him, but you are too fucking immature to figure it out, even if i beat it upside your head with a nail ridding two by four. What I was referring to was that your comment held elitism in it and you have no place to even do so. You reached 200 posts with complete idiocy and then turn around to deem other posters as noobs, whom should respect you?
The Guy Deserved Them, I Never Seen Him On Here Before And As Soon As I Logged In I Seen Insults (Much Worse Than I Have Ever Said To Any Of You) They Were Quite Offensive...I Didn't Just Give It To Him Because I Felt Like It. I Don't Have Respect For People Who Hate People For Being A certain Race, Gender, Religion, Or Sexuality. It's Judgmental, Cruel, And Wrong On So Many Levels. You Can At Least Agree With Me On That Can't You? I Haven't Given You Or The Others Any, That Should REALLY Count For Something Don't You Think?

Old 03-02-2011, 11:21 PM   #21
Murder.Of.Crows

Well, i dunno. Sure. But to set something straight, i don't judge you for anything you are, except that you are annoying, to me and evidently a majority of people on here. I don't know why you insist on typing that way, it wouldn't change who you are or make you less individual, i feel it is only to piss people off. But, don't think that is the only reason you annoy me. You've got potential, somewhere in that thick skull of yours. Just stop acting so damn immature and dumb. Not trying to insult you here on this post, so I will apologize if it seems so. Next time though, i go back to comparing you to canine fecal matter.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:16 AM   #22
JJ_Spade

I Seen The Other Posts You Made Which Pissed Me Off BUT...This Is The Latest One You Posted So I'm Not Going To Flip Out For Obvious Reasons. In Reply To This I Will Say This Much...Yes You Did Kinda Make Me Feel Slightly Insulted, However; In Response To The Rest That I Feel Wasn't Insulting...This Is Something I Need To Think On. I Don't Know Why But Sometimes I Want To Be open, And Other Times I Want To Hold Back. If I Can See A Good, Accepting Side Of Everyone That I can Truly Trust, And Not Feel So Attack And Or Challenged By Others, You Can See That Side Of Me As Well. Then I Will Change The Typing. I Also Ask For One More Thing, And That Is For You Guys To Give "Six", "Walker" And "Stark" The Same. They Really Are Beautiful People.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:50 AM   #23
Murder.Of.Crows

Tch. I won't hold my tongue if someone urks me. But, any way. Im gonna Shut the fuck up and talk about killing vampires in the name of the Belmont's now.

Didn't see the end of this game, but i liked the bosses i saw leading up to him. Not very Castlevania though. The difficulty was alright, but none of the classic creatures showed up. That was a bit disappointing. Like the first Final Fantasy movie disappointing.