Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:15 PM   #976
Necromance

Dying your hair too much can cause it to break. I have had the same problem. I doubt it is actually falling out at the root, it's probably just breaking off at the ends from the damage. Get some choelestral cream, they sell it in the ethnic hair care section. It's really strong conditioner.
Necromance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:20 PM   #977
Necromance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgetThisLostLenore View Post
Is over five days resurrecting? -shrugs-

Anyways, for lack of any better wording, my hair looks damn awful. I tried dying it brown-red, that didn't turn out. I tried dying it burgundy, that didn't turn out either. Now, what I have is a kind of golden brown for most of it, and a bit of purple around the top where the burgundy took.

Also, not really relevent, but I figured I'd mention, about a year ago, I stripped the red dye out of my hair (yes, myself, it was stupid) and dyed it blonde. Now the part of my hair that won't take dye at all, is the part I dyed blonde so long ago.

What I'm getting at, what shall I do with it? I can't figure out what I'm going to do with it, I hate the way it looks. I really don't want to re-dye, just to have it not take again. My hair's gotten pretty fried, so I don't want to bleach or anything. I just don't know what to do to make it look just a little better.

Your're hair is like a sponge. That's why it can get colored. It soaks up the color into the hair folicle. If it's too dry, which stripping can do, than it completely dries out. I've dyed my hair from black to blonde before, and tryed to put red on it and it didn't take. You'll probably have to do what I did, and cut it all off and start over again. But I may be wrong, so i'd consult with a cosmotologist first.
Necromance is offline   Reply With Quote