Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 06-07-2008, 07:00 PM   #126
lostintranslation

Wow, I'm delayed, but since I just saw this...

The lol*ta style is based on the book Lol*ita, which is about a pedo and his special little lady. It's a very sexual sub-culture. A child should not be dressing in such a style. If need be, have you children read the book. They won't dress in that manner afterwards.
lostintranslation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 08:42 PM   #127
Lolly PopMuzik

Necro to end this once and for all as well as add for future reference:
http://community.l.ivej.ournal.com/egl/profile for the faqs and the like and getoffegl/loli.itafucks/wank so you know not to end up there.

If anything, it's little more than women and girls taking back Victorian styled femininity with a male spokesmodel who wears it better than 90% of them, both Western and Japanese. With indulgence, fashion, fantasy, and wistful escapism as primary guides. Though that part with grown women wearing childish clothes makes that undercurrent always present.

And bloodyrose, what's with dragging this back up with all this brand and otaku shit? Most of the lolis would argue that brand is nice but out of the way finds that fit into the scheme can be great too.

And they would be rightfully loathe to use otaku/weeaboo positively in the loli community.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:09 PM   #128
XxBloodyrosexX

I was just being helpful! megansmom had said in one of her posts that her daughters liked manga. right? I didn't know this had turned into a bid deal of ethics and otaku-hating nonsence. FYI im not an otaku, I'd realy rather read poe or dante, I was just trying to help a mother help find her daughter some clothing. That's all. Innocent. Though I'm questioning being on here. what's with all the cussing? and this site seems prejudiced alot for a "all accepting" forum. jeesh.... I'm a kid alright? looking for some hair dye brands... gosh....
XxBloodyrosexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:49 PM   #129
KontanKarite

Wow...

Sorry guys, but seriously...

Lolit.a means "sexually active little girl". Deal with it.

Yes, the loli community may not INTEND for it to be a sexual thing, this is true. None of us have said that was the intention that they were trying to convey. But, still, it stands to be known that if you're going to dress in an overly frilly tutu and call it loli.ta fashion, then anyone who knows a damned thing about the book is going to understand the sexual undercurrent of the fashion.

I digress, it's a simple case of this: "Just cause I'm dressed this way, doesn't make me a whore!!!"

"Well my sweet, you may not intend on being a whore, but you're dressed in a whore's uniform."

Look, back in the day, punks used to wear swastika arm bands. It wasn't because they were nazi sympathizers, but they were counting on the undertones and the social understanding that they'd get from it.

I could wear an SS uniform without the intention of offending anyone with the whole third Reich shit, but it still may cause me to get my ass kicked by a pissed off Jew.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:35 PM   #130
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite

Yes, the loli community may not INTEND for it to be a sexual thing, this is true. None of us have said that was the intention that they were trying to convey. But, still, it stands to be known that if you're going to dress in an overly frilly tutu and call it loli.ta fashion, then anyone who knows a damned thing about the book is going to understand the sexual undercurrent of the fashion.
Damn you, Mana and your engrish. Of course, I'm not really denying the seductive element that's there thanks to Mana being a dumbass but I just wanted to throw in the links I should have put up in the first place.

I only replied earlier to stave off the pretentious whining about "YOU DON'T GET IIIIIIT! NOM NOM NOM CAKE BITCH!" should any loli noobs or "Politeness is important even if it's totally insincere and ripped from useless old Victorian manner books!" princesses happen to peep this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBloodyrosexX
I was just being helpful! megansmom had said in one of her posts that her daughters liked manga. right? I didn't know this had turned into a bid deal of ethics and otaku-hating nonsence. FYI im not an otaku, I'd realy rather read poe or dante, I was just trying to help a mother help find her daughter some clothing. That's all. Innocent. Though I'm questioning being on here. what's with all the cussing? and this site seems prejudiced alot for a "all accepting" forum. jeesh.... I'm a kid alright? looking for some hair dye brands... gosh....
We haven't been here long, have we? Otakus make themselves hated because they seem to have little going on in their heads beyond their fetishized view of Japan. And when one wants to read Poe or Dante, they should at least realize that Spell and Grammar Check are their friends.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:46 PM   #131
Tea and Cake or Death

Unless she's leaving the house in tube top around her boobs, and using another one for a skirt, I'd say, don't worry about the Loli dress. So she's dressin' like a macabre little bo peep. How is that the worst thing she could be doing? Bah. Relax.
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:52 AM   #132
TopHaggardDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea and Cake or Death
Unless she's leaving the house in tube top around her boobs, and using another one for a skirt, I'd say, don't worry about the Loli dress. So she's dressin' like a macabre little bo peep. How is that the worst thing she could be doing? Bah. Relax.
Exactly!

This is back to my point I made earlier in this thread. GL doesn't mean whore unless you're in Japan...if it even means that in japan, I don't know. We have a completely different view of sexuality to them...so I don't see the big deal.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:37 AM   #133
Lolly PopMuzik

The thing is, it's still got the ever present pheromonal smell of loli because Mana dipped his ladyboy fingers into the Engrish wading pool and most of the followers don't really bat an eye at the name and just indulge in fashion that manages to be immature (something that Victorian girls would play patty cake in) with a mature undertone (the name)

(In spite of it, I have a sneaking suspicion that he did it on purpose so no one would bite his style because of the name)

The shitty thing is, the ones in kodona (basically Little Lord Fauntleroy) or bored Japanese style Victorian aristocrat (EGA) don't have to deal with the semantics. So it also holds up a pretty lame double standard.

Just watch out for Pedobear and make sure you don't wind up like these guys:
http://community.live/\journal.com/g...98.html#cutid1
Old 08-08-2008, 09:24 PM   #134
kala83

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeEyesOni
Yes, Mr. Ed, but those clothing styles are not named "I'm an underage girl tailored to be a sexual object". I can walk around in a pirate hat without being a looter of maritime trade, but at the point where I'm dressed in a rubber ball-gag and assless chaps it's no longer a fashion trend.

Noone, to my knowledge, is "getting a hard on". The point of my and some other answers, however, is that the entire point of the IoIita style is to give people hard ons. Whether or not it can be worn or percieved innocently is entirely irrelevant to the fact that it is not innocent.

This clothing style is intended to be about as innocent as panty vending machines, also a staple of Japan. Just because Japan has different cultural views on sex and sexuality than the US (which is a whole different can of worms) doesn't mean that this is any less innocent there, and certainly not considered appropriate for little girls.

When your girlfriend dresses up in her old cheerleader uniform it's sexy. When it actually is a highschool cheerleader it's more than a little creepy and borderline illiegal.

And many of it still is fetish. Again, one does not walk around in a ball-gag and assless chaps and legitimately expect to call it a "fashion trend". There's a time and a place for the stuff, much like the cosplay fashions at these conventions. Go up to your average girl dressed as Rei Ayanami in a plug-suit and you're not going to get the response that this is daily-wear clothing.

But see, you're not saying the same thing. You seem genuinely convinced that IoIita clothing can be ok for a 12-year-old girl. It's not. There is a large distinction between Edwardian clothing and a pedo-bait costume.

And with this you leave me speechless. Dressing up in clothing designed to be oogled is ok, but as soon as someone says "fuck" the deal is off. That's nonsensical. If you cannot trust your child around a moderate amount of harsh language without being emotionally damaged, then you're really going to love the effects of being a "IoIita" will be.

And you never answered the very specific, and very relevant question: Have you ever actually read "LoIita"?
even though I hate to admit it I really do have to agree lol*ita is has never been to my knowledge set out to be a fetish yes it is most older Japanese business but ask any girls out there that dress in any kind lol*ita style and they will say that this is a life style, most people I know that like it, because it embodies an image of youth and innocence (at least this is alway how I have viewed the fashion) But at the same time there are people that try to manipulate this fashion into some vulgar and disgusting people will do this with anything!

If they really want to look at the fashion encourage them to wear things that are not very reveling and would be very similar to something like a spring dress...and if they wish to wear them let them do so on out door outings and other places other then at school or at an anime convention. The fashion's style does not want to be labeled as something for only anime use only but something that anyone could wear anywhere anytime, allow them to see this is not something that just goes on at cons but anywhere. Letting kids get into fashions and letting them dress the way they want to is really a way to let them find out more about themselves. And by all means do this its good for kids, I think all we are concerned about is that they are simply safe while doing so.
kala83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:04 PM   #135
KontanKarite

*facepalm*

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:41 AM   #136
sickmotherfucker

cock er spaniel bitch!!!!!!!!!!!
sickmotherfucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 11:48 AM   #137
Das Kommandant Mog

Location: Lurking in the remains of the Reich Imperial Chancellory
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeEyesOni
And you never answered the very specific, and very relevant question: Have you ever actually read "LoIita"?
Wow...yeah. I've read it. No one under at least 18, preferably 21, should be even allowed into the types of stores you can buy these fashions from. It is dangerous. Simple as that. Your children will be hurt. You will most likely be hurt. I hate to sound so negative, and serious, but I see this as a very concerning subject. If you allow your children to present themselves in this manor, it will not only make them the object of not-very-desirable persons, but it will appear that you, the parent, are alright with that, since, in the mind of society, the parent dictates the clothing of the child.

The thought of a 15-year-old girl, not to mention a 12-year-old girl in ****** fashion makes me want to cry. Seriously.
Das Kommandant Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 06:04 PM   #138
MegearaErotica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Kommandant Mog

Wow...yeah. I've read it. No one under at least 18, preferably 21, should be even allowed into the types of stores you can buy these fashions from. It is dangerous. Simple as that. Your children will be hurt. You will most likely be hurt. I hate to sound so negative, and serious, but I see this as a very concerning subject. If you allow your children to present themselves in this manor, it will not only make them the object of not-very-desirable persons, but it will appear that you, the parent, are alright with that, since, in the mind of society, the parent dictates the clothing of the child.

The thought of a 15-year-old girl, not to mention a 12-year-old girl in ****** fashion makes me want to cry. Seriously.
Does no on f-ing read the pages before!!!! Lol*ta styled Japanese clothing has nothing to do with the book by Nabokav!!!! Japanese lol*ta is more about not showing skin and looking like a china doll. Idiots, fuckin* idiots.
Go to wikipedia and look it up morons.
MegearaErotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 06:23 PM   #139
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegearaErotica
Does no on f-ing read the pages before!!!! Lol*ta styled Japanese clothing has nothing to do with the book by Nabokav!!!! Japanese lol*ta is more about not showing skin and looking like a china doll. Idiots, fuckin* idiots.
Go to wikipedia and look it up morons.

I think you're right, but I wouldn't have suggested Wiki.
It's not exactly reliable.
MitsyMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:03 PM   #140
MegearaErotica

It's pretty good on this subject though, and almost everyone knows about it.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:12 PM   #141
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
It's pretty good on this subject though, and almost everyone knows about it.
1. No, a lot of people don't know about it.
2. It may be, but I just mean in general as in the fact that anyone can edit it. Go out there and try to support your opinion in serious company with a wiki article and you'll be laughed at.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:19 PM   #142
MegearaErotica

Are you saying that a lot of people don't know about wikipedia?
Old 09-27-2008, 07:22 PM   #143
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Are you saying that a lot of people don't know about wikipedia?

I thought you meant L.olita.
And yes a lot of people know about it (But if you want to get technical a lot of people don't even have electricity)
But a lot of people know about it, which hence is the problem.
This allows for a compilation of the ideas of a lot of people, which may or may not be accurate.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:24 PM   #144
MegearaErotica

Ah. Well, still this subject is actually pretty well done on wiki.
Old 09-28-2008, 03:18 AM   #145
Joker_in_the_Pack

A shame, I thought this thread was about her daughter stumbling across some truly great literature by Vladimir Nabokov
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:40 AM   #146
MegearaErotica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack
some truly great literature by Vladimir Nabokov
That it is, but I know Megansmom and she wouldn't approve of the book. (You didn't hear me say that!)
Old 09-28-2008, 11:03 AM   #147
Underwater Ophelia

I hate it when people say there is nothing sexual about L.olita.
They either don't understand the fashion, or they don't understand human sexuality.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:06 AM   #148
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
I hate it when people say there is nothing sexual about L.olita.
They either don't understand the fashion, or they don't understand human sexuality.
I believe there's something sexual about it. My belief is that it has nothing to do with the book, as in it did not originate from that or stem from it. Still, it has sexual undertones. Not that that even bothers me.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:11 AM   #149
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsyMayhem
I believe there's something sexual about it. My belief is that it has nothing to do with the book, as in it did not originate from that or stem from it. Still, it has sexual undertones. Not that that even bothers me.
If the term "lo.lita" has nothing to do with the book, where did it come from?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:17 AM   #150
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
If the term "lo.lita" has nothing to do with the book, where did it come from?

The name might of, however the fashion, I think not. The fashion did not 'come' or 'stem' from the book.