Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:05 PM   #126
Signe

Uhm, no, I never get treated like that. But then I'm not in high school either. I don't know if you wear clothes that are similar to those of emos? Personally I just wear what I feel like (typically PVC clothing or a long black gown) and nobody usually complains either.

Actually, old ladies come up to me and say I look fabulous. High school kids, I don't know how to handle, sorry, I kinda skipped the whole high school thing
Signe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:19 AM   #127
crucifix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signe

Actually, old ladies come up to me and say I look fabulous. High school kids, I don't know how to handle, sorry, I kinda skipped the whole high school thing
same here. Old ladies tell me I look nice. Old men tell me I look strange. Teenagers are, well, teenagers. I may be 19 but I really don't like my peers. Too close minded and immature.
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:26 PM   #128
Ryaken

Most people around my age (And up to 30/40, too) Often call me emo but the more elderly say I look great, despite most older men thinking i'm gay because I look too effeminate...
Ryaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:06 PM   #129
Bella Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desire~the~Rose
There is nothing more irritating then being called Emo when the person is clearly not. I get this ALL the time. I'm in high school and I will be on my gloomy o'le way and the prep chicks who normal say something about my 'nasty' black lipstick will scream emo at me. Any one else get similar harassing treatment?
Well, my friends call me emo to joke around, even though they know I hate it.
But, I know they're just kidding.
Old ladies stick up their noses at me though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_dreams
What the Hell is wrong with you!?!?! who the Hell kill's helpless and innocent babies? that's f***ing sick!!!
Don't you have anything better to do than pollute our forums?!?
Bella Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:12 PM   #130
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Sophia
Old ladies stick up their noses at me though.
Before or after you've said something?
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:13 PM   #131
Bella Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Before or after you've said something?
Before, smart ass.

Quote:
What the Hell is wrong with you!?!?! who the Hell kill's helpless and innocent babies? that's f***ing sick!!!
Old 10-30-2008, 02:14 PM   #132
TheBloodEternity

I keep seeing shit on here from people saying they get harassed, get funny looks and the like. I demand to know why this shit doesn't happen to me.
I'm I just not goff enough for those preps and old ladies?

"Lucifer was an idiot, it wound up lord and master of nothing at all."
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:18 PM   #133
JCC

Stupidity has an aroma, they know to glare at Bella Sophia as soon as she's within a mile radius.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:19 PM   #134
Bella Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Stupidity has an aroma, they know to glare at Bella Sophia as soon as she's within a mile radius.
That's lame.

Quote:
Old 10-30-2008, 02:25 PM   #135
jack_the_knife

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBloodEternity
I keep seeing shit on here from people saying they get harassed, get funny looks and the like. I demand to know why this shit doesn't happen to me.
I'm I just not goff enough for those preps and old ladies?
I don't know. Maybe you just don't warrant funny looks. I got them before I dressed in black though, so maybe I'm just plain weird. Also, I don't have a very flattering reputation among a lot of people.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:46 AM   #136
Opteron_Man

This reminds me of one of the latest South Park episodes. Somebody goes outside and yells to the Goth kids that there's going to be a fight at the end of the day, and calls them emos.
One of the Goth kids says: "Did she just call us emos?"
That was sooo funny!
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 04:30 AM   #137
pixy_dust

^ I don't watch south park, but I remember seeing a clip on youtube of the emo kids, that was hilarious.

When people first started to call me emo, I don't think they were too incorrect. My workmates still calls me emo even though my maturity has moved on a bit more & so the name sticks for a joke. But when I showed my boss a picture I took with a full on metal/goth looking band, he still called them emos when they were obviously NOT. Is it ignorance or what?
pixy_dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:17 PM   #138
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixy_dust
^ I don't watch south park, but I remember seeing a clip on youtube of the emo kids, that was hilarious.

When people first started to call me emo, I don't think they were too incorrect. My workmates still calls me emo even though my maturity has moved on a bit more & so the name sticks for a joke. But when I showed my boss a picture I took with a full on metal/goth looking band, he still called them emos when they were obviously NOT. Is it ignorance or what?
How is not knowing the difference between two subcultures most people don't give two shits and a twist about ignorance?
Old 11-06-2008, 12:27 PM   #139
Darcnyss

I've never been called emo, but a lot of people have thought that I'm into black metal because of my leather, PVC, New Rocks and long black hair. Go figure.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:09 PM   #140
HellforgedX

Nope.

Wait, I need more words in here...
Old 11-06-2008, 06:38 PM   #141
pixy_dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly PopMuzik
How is not knowing the difference between two subcultures most people don't give two shits and a twist about ignorance?
if that is supposedly the case, then no it's not ignorance. But how can people possibly not know?!? Surely, within 40years of living (that's how old my boss is) you would've heard of punk and goth, then suddenly you'd realise in the last few years, there's this new thing called emo (which his teenage step-sister-in-law is)...you'd kinda notice wouldn't you? I don't know, maybe some people really don't give two shits ahahha.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:50 PM   #142
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
if that is supposedly the case, then no it's not ignorance. But how can people possibly not know?!? Surely, within 40years of living (that's how old my boss is) you would've heard of punk and goth, then suddenly you'd realise in the last few years, there's this new thing called emo (which his teenage step-sister-in-law is)...you'd kinda notice wouldn't you? I don't know, maybe some people really don't give two shits ahahha.
To some folks, it's just noise so it's a given that musical trends might pass them by even with the most extensive history.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:08 PM   #143
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Emo's been around since the '80s.
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:55 PM   #144
pixy_dust

^ yeah I know, but that was way different. I was just referring to the emo that's evolved in the last couple of years.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:10 AM   #145
Solumina

...and goth hasn't changed greatly?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:39 AM   #146
Draco_Sanguine

wow lol i havnt been called emo in so long. Now i got mistaken for a satanist other day people see me and first thing they think is i sacrifice babies. So what if i do is there anything wrong with that >;]
Draco_Sanguine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:49 PM   #147
pixy_dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
...and goth hasn't changed greatly?
I honestly don't know. My guess is that it has, but not very obviously since there are quite a few subgroups that fall under 'goth'. I think it's more individualistic & there is more variety in goth so change wouldn't be so obvious. And I think goth has managed to stay underground more successfully than emo.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:27 PM   #148
Draco_Sanguine

I had 2 girls the other day wanted to take a picture of me i didnt let them but it was so weird i never had that happen.
Draco_Sanguine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:33 PM   #149
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
I honestly don't know. My guess is that it has, but not very obviously since there are quite a few subgroups that fall under 'goth'. I think it's more individualistic & there is more variety in goth so change wouldn't be so obvious. And I think goth has managed to stay underground more successfully than emo.
Depends. Goth got big faster, but I guess emo got bigger overall. It seems like there are a lot more shitty emo/emo-pop bands now than there ever were Goth bands.
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:39 PM   #150
Jonathan

"Emo" is a more accessible fashion, so it makes sense that it would have a broader audience.

There is a difference between being underground, and just not being very appealing.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote