Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 03-27-2006, 07:54 AM   #101
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemureDemise
It's ok Kitten, just take a deep breath and everything will be ok.
But it's so annoying! I mean, honestly - "I where jeans"?!

*Groans and takes deep breath*

My brother is dyslexic so I understand what it's like to have problems spelling, but 90% of the time I think the fucked up version of English we see online is a combination of laziness and an "I'm too cool to spell properly" attitude. My brother reads a lot and tries his best to learn the rules of grammar/spelling etc. He'd never misspell "wear" as "where" or write "there" instead of "they're"! I also think mobile phones have got a lot to answer for. (Should that be "Mbl fonez hav gt a lt 2 ansa 4"?) Fucking L33T speak as well... thankfully the mods tend to bash that out of the n00bs pretty sharpish!

Erm... this should be in the rant thread really! Back on topic then...

During the winter (and sometimes the summer too) I practically live in my floor length, black leather coat. I don't care if it's a stereotypically gothic piece of clothing - I just adore it! It keeps me warm and dry, and looks all cool and swooshy when it's windy!
It does however prompt an occasional moron to shout "Goth!!" at me as I'm walking through town. I tend to just ignore them, but I'm always tempted to look down at myself in mock surprise and reply "why, so I am! That explains the bats that keep following me!"

~ Wei Hui
Deviant Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:02 AM   #102
Bete Noire

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant Kitten

During the winter (and sometimes the summer too) I practically live in my floor length, black leather coat. I don't care if it's a stereotypically gothic piece of clothing - I just adore it! It keeps me warm and dry, and looks all cool and swooshy when it's windy!
It does however prompt an occasional moron to shout "Goth!!" at me as I'm walking through town. I tend to just ignore them, but I'm always tempted to look down at myself in mock surprise and reply "why, so I am! That explains the bats that keep following me!"
You have bats following you?!?! I'm envious in extremis...
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:35 AM   #103
Mood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant Kitten
During the winter (and sometimes the summer too) I practically live in my floor length, black leather coat.
I have a coat like that except it's black cloth (it's really cold here) and it's double-breasted with beg silver buttons. Man, do I feel cool walking around Emo-Victoria in that coat, a thick scarf, and my thick red, spiky hair poking out the top...
Mood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:06 PM   #104
the_cure

Quote:
xnguela: Well, what is it that your parents hate? You could sit them down & talk to them about it, assuming they're reasonable people.
I've tried it. I got them to accepet what i do wear. But they said no more than that.
the_cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:40 PM   #105
the_cure

Well actually, not much more. It's more my friends that nother tHem. Even though I still hang out with my old friends they think i have abondoned them for goth friends. And the only thing they won't really let me do (mom more than dad on this) is wear my tripp pants. I got them from a friend and my mom has threatened to burn and/or throw them away several times. It's not the fact they won't let me buy more that annoys me (I don't think anyone needs more than one or two pairs anyways) but that they are forcing me to waste a perfectly good pair of pants. Though i may just be whining and blowing nothing into something.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:45 PM   #106
the_cure

What is the sight for that, just www.romantigoth.com or what?
Old 03-27-2006, 03:50 PM   #107
gruel

(You do realize there is already a "Whining" thread) You seem pretty stuck on the idea of somehow "losing" your Gothic powers if you can't wear certain clothes;well that's not going to happen.Unless of course you're wearing these items of clothing to somehow rebel against your parents authority(until you're 18). Why would would you care so much about how you appear to others.
gruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:52 PM   #108
the_cure

Oh. Sorry. My 15 year old breain thought it was either a style or brand i just went with brand. If thats like tight leather pants that doesnt work for me. Im not HUGE, but I'm in no way skinny. Maybe in a couple years, but as of now that just won't work for me.

If i have it wrong and it's not tight leather pants and stuff then can you give me a basic idea.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:07 PM   #109
the_cure

Okay i feel like a moron. But oh well. And as for gruel, i was'nt going toa rgue anyways. He is right anyways. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:14 PM   #110
maggot

Romantigoth is nice. I can't really pull it off, although I haven't tried, I can't imagine it.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:31 PM   #111
Jane13

"Oh. Sorry. My 15 year old breain thought it was either a style or brand i just went with brand."

Pfff... I'm 16 and I knew what it meant.

I'm just giving you a hard time. The more time you spend learning about the subculture the less things like that will happen.

My clothing style is a lot like my taste in music... from one end of the goth spectrum to the other. I like everything from Death Rock to EBM, and my cloths refelct that...

I have all sorts of old-fashioned hats including a pinstiped fedora, a black bowler, and purple top-hat with a black satin bow.

I have a reflecting yellow dog collar with a flash drive hanging off of it, classy chokers with jet beads, pendants made of butterfly wings, and armbands dripping in dead computer parts that I tore apart myself.

I have PVC jeans (which... admitedly, I usually wear uder s short skirt), velvet skirts, black denim jeans, and nice formal skirts.

I have lace tops, muslin tops, tshirts and flowy overdresses.

.... I like to mix it up 8-)

that sounded nerdier than I intended XD
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:06 PM   #112
the_cure

Thanks for the vote of confidence Jane. Turns out i knew what romantigoth was. I've just always heard of it refered to as victorian goth. Silly people from Tennessee.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:04 PM   #113
bunnicula

I don't know too many guys who can pull off the "romantigoth" style. Most of them turn out looking like gay pirates.
bunnicula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:16 PM   #114
maggot

Mmm... Gay pirates. I love that imagery.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:26 PM   #115
the_cure

Quote:
I don't know too many guys who can pull off the "romantigoth" style. Most of them turn out looking like gay pirates.
That made my night.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:53 AM   #116
Teh_Emi

Hm. Usually I just wear a pair of jeans and a shirt. Two belts.

This summer I'm working my ASS off so I can get a new wardrobe going. I gather inspiration from a lot of places. So my wardrobe is basically going to (hopefully) be anything from cybergoth to romantigoth. I love me some goggles and lace.
Teh_Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:06 AM   #117
tenet_2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
That is fucking hot.

Thank you, X, you made my day!

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:21 AM   #118
tenet_2012

I wanna drees-up this weekend and go out.

What should I wear?

And for those Minneapolis natives, where should I go?

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 04:55 PM   #119
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenet_2012
I wanna drees-up this weekend and go out.
Yeah! Dressing up is always fun ^^ This saturday I get to go to punk show, so I get to too! Oh, I love these things ^^
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 06:11 PM   #120
bunnicula

[quote=Xnguela] Not a damn thing! I <3 gay pirates!
Old 03-28-2006, 06:39 PM   #121
Angel_Corpse

My style is quite plain. I like wearing alot of band t-shirts. I also love three-quarter pants with stripy black and white or black and green tights underneath them with my Converse hi-tops. This probably sounds dorky but I like it.
It's really hard to find clothes that I like around where I live which is a small town in Australia. There is one shop that I like, but you have to travel an hour to get there so I don't get to go there much, and the clothes are very expensive, and being 14 I don't have that kind of money.
Angel_Corpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 06:55 AM   #122
Kali Maxwell

I wear a lot of plain black pants and black tank tops, etc., just plain clothing I can afford. I have virtually no money at this point in time.

When I actually have the money, or the sewing skill, I want to wear two styles of clothing:

a) Gothic "Punk" clothing (such as black denim skirts with lots of lovely metal accents and chains)

and b) Medieval Gothic (such as dresses with flowing bell sleeves and those gorgeous low-cut fronts).

There are a few Victorian, Vampyre, and Gothic Loli things I'd love to play around with, too. And I eventually want to buy a good quality trench coat. (I steal my boyfriend's all the time. *laughs*)

I have an obsession with jewelry. It needs to be highly visible, silver, and very heavy. At the moment I wear three necklaces -- a vampyre cross, a pentagram, and a gothic dragon's head -- and a wrist cuff with a chain wrapped around it. I have this great leather collar, but it needs a hole punched in it so it will fit me nicely instead of just hanging around my neck. I also plan on getting my right nipple re-pierced (it was removed when I had my unpleasant trip to the E.R. not too long ago) and on getting my ears and my belly-button pierced as well.

Boots are another passion of mine...
Kali Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:49 PM   #123
bunnicula

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but what decade or century are you, in terms of your style? A lot of people tend to be "80's" or "50's." My boyfriend is "evil 50's." He said that I am "2060's" which I guess means I am futuristic in my style. I have also noticed a lot of girls who have the classic "30's" style.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:55 PM   #124
Icarian Decoding

I usually wear either a white, gray, or black sweatshirt. Either Blue, Black, or Green jeans, and some kind of joke or computer related T-Shirt. Usually for two or three days at a time. [Hey. Time doesn't matter to me.]

It takes like, five minutes to get ready.

If I need to dress up, I'll put on a black or gray suit, and a tie, and my nice dress shoes.

Otherwise, I'll just walk around either in the buff, or in shorts and a T-Shirt. [...Not outside...]
Icarian Decoding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:52 AM   #125
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete Noire
You have bats following you?!?! I'm envious in extremis...
They've got names too; Coffyn, Nyghtmare and Fiende. GAF, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mood
I have a coat like that except it's black cloth (it's really cold here) and it's double-breasted with beg silver buttons. Man, do I feel cool walking around Emo-Victoria in that coat, a thick scarf, and my thick red, spiky hair poking out the top...
Mmm, sounds yummy, Mood! I love long coats, especially when worn with sexy boots.

~ Wei Hui
Deviant Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote