Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 04-15-2006, 05:21 PM   #76
An Eccentric Cellist

That's bull, at my school they just banned anything offensive. They also banned hats, and bandannas, to stop something involving gangs.
An Eccentric Cellist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 07:57 PM   #77
Crom Crauch

Wow... I'm in Virginia... but... I don't change the way I dress... heavy leather Trench-coat and solid black... no shorts, even throughout the summer... much fun

Iucunda macula est ex inimici sanguine

Quod sum eris
Crom Crauch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 10:02 PM   #78
Icarian Decoding

I had an idea. You know those camelbacks you see at all the hiking stores? I was thinking that you could load one of those up with water, and put a couple of tubes around you. Then again, it'd probably to be too cumbersome.
Icarian Decoding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 10:06 PM   #79
Crom Crauch

Not really... having gone backpacking before. Camelbaks are light

Quod sum eris
Old 04-15-2006, 10:35 PM   #80
Icarian Decoding

So have I, but can you imagine having Camelback, full of water, plus extra tubing, plus whatever containers, and the constant chance for being sprayed with water?
Old 04-15-2006, 10:39 PM   #81
Crom Crauch

yep!... and ya know what? I don't really mind. keep in mind what my summer dress is?

Quod sum eris
Old 04-15-2006, 10:40 PM   #82
Icarian Decoding

I suppose, but I can still see it being a difficult project, and it being just to overbearing.

Then again, you could just carry a squirt bottle full of water, and keep yourself cool that way.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:20 AM   #83
Crom Crauch

To each his or her own, I guess... despite being on my school's track and cross country team, I'm still not comfortable wearing shorts at any place other then meets. I even wear pants during practice...

Quod sum eris
Old 04-16-2006, 01:46 PM   #84
Engulfed_in_darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Is it just me, or are they more likely to give you a wedgie than any other garment (except for a thong)?
That and induce heat.
Engulfed_in_darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 10:34 PM   #85
Sanctus Dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom Crauch
To each his or her own, I guess... despite being on my school's track and cross country team, I'm still not comfortable wearing shorts at any place other then meets. I even wear pants during practice...
Agreed, i haven't worn shorts in public for at least 7 years. Can't stand them.. not to mention they look silly no matter who they're on (in my personal opinion.)
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:15 AM   #86
Panic

I need to go tan my legs before i wear them, but I bought this pair of shorts...they're the most "loli-ta" shorts I've ever seen. They're puffy (like bloomers), and grey with black pinstripes....I can't even explain them, except that they look like short-short bloomers. I can't decide if I'm going to wear sandals with them, or just ballet flats, because I'm going to wear them all summer.
Panic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:19 PM   #87
Miriel

I tend to just wear my dresses... got lots of those. They are made of a material that breaths and I just try to avoid the sun and walk on the dark side of the street. And if it gets too hot... naah... it wont get too hot.
Miriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 01:14 AM   #88
Engulfed_in_darkness

Gothic ******? You mean that sorta of fancy british dress like clothing striking Shibuya in Japan right?
Old 04-18-2006, 02:34 PM   #89
Panic

Engulfed, it's already nearly out of style in Japan. :P ...It's just now catching on here, and mostly in the trendy stores, if you notice.

Although it will probably never get to the extreme level that it's at in Japan. No...I don't see that happening outside of anime conventions.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:04 PM   #90
Engulfed_in_darkness

I see. Its just I go to this japanese bookstore called the Kinokuniya Bookstores and theres these japanese fashion magazines there showing lo-lita fashion. Is the word Lo-li-ta restricted here? It was blotted out.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:20 PM   #91
Icarian Decoding

I think I figured out a way to keep cool:
Be in the buff.
Sure, it may be a bit embarassing if someone walks in, but if you're all alone, then s'all good.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:49 AM   #92
Panic

:O Xnguela, have you actually ever read the book? Or perhaps seen the movie? (The 1950's version, not the recent made-for-tv crap) ...Trust me, it's not flattering to **********. Humbert Humbert is a sad little man.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:52 AM   #93
Panic

Oh boy...................doesn't that just make my thumbnail look all the more inappropriate, now that I'm defending Nabokov's book?

Well, <u>The Bad Seed</u> had nothing to do with pedophilia. Just evil children. And we can all agree that many good (and some mediocre) movies have been made about evil children.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:07 AM   #94
Panic

Oh no no no....i didn't say your post was flattering to **********! :O

As for the movie, it was the 1950's, so it really wasn't that bad...I mean, it was quite shocking at the time, of course, but nowhere near the book. It's worth it if you're a movie buff, if only to see how they managed to tell the same story within the confines of 1950's censorship laws.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:10 PM   #95
Engulfed_in_darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Yes, it's censored because of a book by the same name which has a basic theme of pedophilia, and no one wants ********** finding this site on google, so you're also not supposed to try to get around the censors with hyphens or other punctuations...
Sorry about that but I catch your drift. I Japan fan-made manga called doujinshi which may sometimes be perverted but there is also a type of doujinshi related the ********** called lo-li-con(sorry for going around the censors again, I just needed people to know what the word was. Dearest apologies once again)
Old 11-14-2006, 11:29 AM   #96
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Eccentric Cellist
Virginia is is up to nineties and down to fifty so flowy skirts, light pants, capris, tank tops, t-shirts, cotton camisoles and dressing in layers if you get up before the sun heats the earth.
i live in Virgina too. i pretty much do ^that, and i more or less live in the basement. nice and cold and dark down there ^_^
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:20 PM   #97
insertwittyname

Teh shpeal of ze summah. Sound it out folks! Wear mini skirts be they leather or not, or wear cotton skirts at the knees if you don't want to sit down and fry your ass. Flowy, long sleeved shirts work well too, I have a raw black silk shirt that is really nice, it's a men's button-up and I just feel the breeze blow right through it. It's huge but quite flattering O.o Closed shoes are bad. BAD!!! Smelly too. Break out the killer heels that are open toe. Hmm...sun protection...I want mourning veils.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:31 AM   #98
Delkaetre

I tend to wear more skirts than usual, and hide in the shade a lot. This really does mean a LOT. But a long flowing skirt, a small bustier style top and a thin cheap velvet jacket does it nicely for me. (I have a long velvet jacket which weighs almost nothing and is in no way wind-proof. It's unlined, you see. Good for summer.)
I'm not bothered too badly about overheating... as long as I don't wear something too high necked, I'm usually fine. And if I wear something high necked, I make sure it's made of a thin, gauzy material.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:23 AM   #99
rock_metal_chick

In the summer, I usualy wear my gothic/punk skirts with a nice short sleeved top
rock_metal_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:10 PM   #100
L1feOnM4rs

Under no circumstances do I wear shorts. I just hate them so much, the way they look, feel...everything. That said I do wear less black in the summer. I go for more of an understated hipster look in the hot months, wearing tight jeans with graphic or striped t-shirts, along with my favorite sneakers. I still wear black short sleeved military shirts somtimes, and my hair remains black. Gotta keep a hint of goth in there.
L1feOnM4rs is offline   Reply With Quote