Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 04-12-2007, 01:03 PM   #126
Your Darkest Secret

I usually wear lace or fishnet tops and ******-style skirts, with a parasol. Mind you, I live in a cool climate (England) so I can wear black pretty much all year round.
Your Darkest Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:04 PM   #127
bleed-affinity

I don't really go all out in the summertime. Black absorbs all colors of the sun, but the color works best with my complexion so I'm somewhat forced to boil. My coat, if I wear one, is usually whittled down to vests rather than my usual ankle-length jacket. Other than that...yeah, skirts work, as do tights. I find that they stay rather cool no matter what the weather. As far as shoes, I just wear flats with mesh socks. I'm not very active in the summer.
bleed-affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:28 PM   #128
Your Darkest Secret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Darkest Secret
I usually wear lace or fishnet tops and ******-style skirts, with a parasol. Mind you, I live in a cool climate (England) so I can wear black pretty much all year round.
er... that would be lol.li.ta style skirts. whoops.
Your Darkest Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:43 PM   #129
the-broken-harlequin

Punky.

I'm going to look punky this summer.
http://a356.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...7248b154fb.jpg
the-broken-harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:27 AM   #130
eternalcrimson

Wink

I know this summer I'm going to wear a kilt. I hate sweating, when I wear pants on a summer’s morning I feel fine but by sundown I feel like I’m sloshing down a Louisiana Bayou. Also if you wear pants in the summer you got to deal with crotch stank and nobody wants that. I vowed this summer never again.
eternalcrimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:12 AM   #131
Linen

Ooo...

I bought two beautiful just-above-the-knee skirts last weekend. One is cream colored, and the other is white. They're flowy, soft, and beautiful. Best part is it was only $27 for both of them. w00t!

I'm going to pair them with appropriate shirts as well as my brand new lace-up boots that are coming in the mail soon. (I'm so anxious to have them!)

I also made a skirt a couple of weeks ago out of two old shirts. FUN! It's two shades of purple with black buttons on it & little strips of fabric dangling off the edges.
Linen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 12:59 PM   #132
gloomth

Summer Goth clothing

I hate summer.
Heat. Sun. everyone expects you to attend camping trips and bbqs yuck.

GLOOMTH JUST LAUNCHED A TON OF SUMMER ITEMS.
flowy light gothic tops to fishnet fetish ones, light enough for the hottest days. swanky little skirts and super short gothy skirts.
nothing over $50

plug plug right?

t-
gloomth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 12:02 PM   #133
moonlightrose

I work at an outdoor swim club in NJ, and it gets really hot. I usually wear black flip flops, a short skirt, and a tank top or cami over my bathing suit. I just recently bought a black peasant skirt, a cream gypsy-style skirt, and another pretty long white skirt. I'm probably going to wear them with flip flops and a black tank top or something.

(Do not get a job working at a pool. It really sucks...)

Does anyone know of a site where I get can a nice (and somewhat cheap) parasol that will keep me cool at work?
moonlightrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 12:18 PM   #134
GothicChristian

I live in Florida, it's really hot most of the year, and I go to band camp. (It sounds easy, but it's a dreadful workout.) So, for people like me who like really long skirts, light fabric that breaths well is a must. I typically stick with black, but I do wear other colors. I have a gypsy-style skirt in blue. It's a wonderful fabric and it was only six dollars at Ross.
My friend uses summer as an excuse to her mom to wear all of her corsets without a shirt under them, like she wears at school. I, personally, have altered some t-shirts from my lazier days into lovely tank tops.

It's already, basically, summer in my part of the world; school has yet to let out though.
GothicChristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:58 PM   #135
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofdarkness57
Not all of them, honey. Only muslims do that. And ewww, it looks anything but ELEGANT.
So true. It looks primitive and Stone-Age. Get with the times Muslims! Catch up to the 21st Century!
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:59 AM   #136
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Having summer just ending now down here, my summer wear, was the same thing as I wear in Winter, shorts and a t-shirt and either thongs or K-mart sneakers.

summer is the time to let yourself go and become one with stinky, seaty nature

Nature power all yer round actually for me, my wardrobe doesn't change much except adding a jumper and the odd pair of jeans depending on season
Sir Canvas Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:27 AM   #137
ionic_angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloomth
I hate summer.
Heat. Sun. everyone expects you to attend camping trips and bbqs yuck.

GLOOMTH JUST LAUNCHED A TON OF SUMMER ITEMS.
flowy light gothic tops to fishnet fetish ones, light enough for the hottest days. swanky little skirts and super short gothy skirts.
nothing over $50

plug plug right?

t-
AMEN. Summer is awful. And there aren't that many things I can wear as a guy which are cool but spooky looking.

So, I'm just going to wear my usual: black slacks, black shirt, metal accessories, and black dress shirt...

...And fry.
ionic_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:05 AM   #138
ApothoKeri

I can't stand summer. I usually go with a shorter skirt and sometimes no hosiery...usually a few pair or really elaborate black sandals. I tend to still stick with longer sleeves most of the time but in lighter fabrics, I wear a lot of silk in the summer. Still about 85% black clothing which is about as much as I do in other seasons...as I love the dark greens and dark reds so always have those mixed in on mot days.

I just spray the crap out of that clear spray sunscreen that neutrogena makes all over my legs and feet and arms too if they are exposed.
ApothoKeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:42 AM   #139
KontanKarite

I'm going to try to wear more grays this Summer. Bleached out gray tee shirts, black fishnet shirts, plain black skinny jeans with holes and rolled up to my upper shins and thin gray tights underneath. Should be cool enough to ward off the heat a bit.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 03:48 PM   #140
ForgetThisLostLenore

I go victorian goth in the winter, but weird mix of surfer, boho, punk, 50's, and almost grunge all with a goth darkness in the summer. It tends to become more colorful, and my outfits look more and more random as it gets hotter. The other day I wore a short black skirt, with a white tank with a panda on it and a black vest. People freaked out the other day though, I wore...blue jeans!
ForgetThisLostLenore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 05:59 PM   #141
badteccy

It won't matter what I wear this summer since I'll be inside a cool classroom (woooooooo...summer classes!!!!) and in an air conditioned workplace.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 06:21 PM   #142
Stormtrooper of Death

Last year I wore my studded and patched jean jacket year round, and believe me it was hotter than hell. So I made a vest, which I'll wear with jeans and boots like always.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:25 AM   #143
crucifix

I usually wear cargo shorts and a black shirt and combat boots. I usually end up looking slightly punk in the summer when I cant do the whole vampire dress because of the heat.
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:05 PM   #144
Maldarion_Haliax

yeah summer sucks when it comes to black but that never stops me,hell I've been known to run around in 80 degree weather with a long sleeved black shirt and my black jeans,I never wears shorts unless I go swimming but then I cook like a damn chicken in the sun.
Just go with comfort I say
Maldarion_Haliax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:09 PM   #145
KontanKarite

You can wear black long sleeve shirts in Summer, it just has to be the right material.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:22 PM   #146
drewsilla

I'm going to wear what I wear. Don't really care how it is outside, b/c this flower is indoors 99.9% of the time and I bloom in the wonderfull cool breeze of the AC.
drewsilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:58 AM   #147
Anguelon

It's already becoming so hot in Lebanon, i'm dreading the drive every morning to work...and here comes the tanned arms!!!ah!!!...i try wearing black and white tops
Old 04-01-2008, 12:02 PM   #148
Tea and Cake or Death

Well, for one thing I stop wearing my leather pants and move on to black Dickies. That helps. Um, yeah, fishnets, Band-Tees that have been cut up to bits. I do less with my clothes and more with my accessories in summer.
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:34 AM   #149
Moon Child

I personely advise flowing materials and some sandals....
I believe that its not worth suffering the heat in the name of fashion but just adapting it does well too...

Where I live its pretty hot around the summer (30-34 c), and i just go arou9nd wearing some sneakers a pair of blakc pants a simple yet pretty top and i'm set...

Be creative, Summers not forever.
Moon Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:32 AM   #150
Arkayem

I usually wear band t`s and zipp off tripp shorts.
Arkayem is offline   Reply With Quote