Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

View Poll Results: Skinny, Average, or Fat?
Skinny girls that have no fat 11 9.82%
Average girls with curves and just a touch of fat 95 84.82%
Down right fat chicks 6 5.36%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2006, 03:55 PM   #101
c130

I'm shallow and I admit it, but I always always make a point of pushing my reservations aside and talking to people to find out what they're really like. But even then I feel uncomfortable when they weigh twice what they should, or they could crawl through a postbox if they felt like it. >_> I frequently end up trying so hard to push my shallowness away that I'm friendlier towards the abnormal folk than everyone else is...

I never let anyone know what I think of them though; I rarely even tell my friends what I think about them (unless they're about to go out wearing something absolutely outrageous and I just have to intervene for their sake. )
Old 10-01-2006, 06:18 AM   #102
badteccy

I'm a fatty and my boyfriend loves me. He is also about 65 pounds and 6 feet tall...but yea, I'd say average to bigger girls for most guys.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 08:24 AM   #103
DarkHeartedDemoness

Just saw your picture in the picture post, love... Hate to tell you this, but you're not fat. I fucking hate the standards that tell beautiful girls like you with real womanly figures that they're "fat". How much do you weigh?
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:05 AM   #104
bleedingheart344

Bit too personal of a question, I'd say, DarkHeartedDemoness. Standards really are too high. Such a poor image is perpetuated by the media of what a 'perfect woman' is, it's quite sickening, in my opinion.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:08 AM   #105
DarkHeartedDemoness

Sorry-- I figured if you didn't want to answer it, you wouldn't. I didn't mean to be rude. I apologize.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:51 AM   #106
bleedingheart344

Oh, it's no problem, I was simply pointing it out, not meaning to crack down on you for it.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:02 PM   #107
DarkHeartedDemoness

I guess I'm still pretty new here, and I don't want to commit any heinous faux pas, particularly against nice people like yourself, until I'm not such a n00b.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:03 PM   #108
Godslayer Jillian

I go for girls of about 120-130 lb.
That's about the normal over here, and it's still considerably heavier than I am. (damn)

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 12:05 PM   #109
bleedingheart344

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeartedDemoness
I guess I'm still pretty new here, and I don't want to commit any heinous faux pas, particularly against nice people like yourself, until I'm not such a n00b.
Pssh, you haven't a thing to worry about, I quite appreciate the compliment. You're doing fine around here already.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:28 PM   #110
BlackButterfly

I'm skinny (5'3", 110 lbs). I hate being skinny, because my arms are so long (I'm a albatross!). All the image magazines on the racks that claim this is a good weight have the girls that "look like me", but probably starve themselves to death. I grew up a country girl, and where I come from they actually have meat on their bones, so that's the standard of beauty I grew up with. Whenever I go back home to visit, of course my family feeds me like I don't eat at all...

I'm cursed (although some would say blessed) with a high metabolism (and tiny breasts) from my dad's side of the family, and most of the women in my family on my mom's side are bigger than me. Of course, they all tell me I'm lucky (while I'm daydreaming about having a comic-book heroine rack like theirs...) and I'll appreciate it when I get older. Maybe so, but right now I hate it. I actually want to gain enough weight to fill out the old limbs and have those curvy, "womanly" features, because I tends towards being angular, but everything I eat goes staight to my ass... nowhere else, just the ass (thanks to my mom's genetics).

I love the looks of beautiful women whom the media consider "fat" or "overweight", because these women carry themselves so well, and I don't think they would look right skinny. People like Angie Stone and Jill Scott; they are beautiful, and part of that beauty is that they are happy with their weight and don't care what others think.

On the other hand, my opinion of "fat" being gross involves being so overweight that it impedes movement, being able to effectively keep the body clean, and of course health. Anything detrimental to health should be gotten rid of...
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 01:15 PM   #111
She_Is_My_Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by badteccy
I'm a fatty and my boyfriend loves me. He is also about 65 pounds and 6 feet tall...but yea, I'd say average to bigger girls for most guys.
I too have seen your picture & you are most definitely not a fatty.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 06:31 AM   #112
Slap Your Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
I go for girls of about 120-130 lb.
That's about the normal over here, and it's still considerably heavier than I am. (damn)
Moi aussi. =\ I'm about 115 atm. I swear I can eat an entire cake and loose 5 pounds, and I'm also 5'11'' too.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:20 AM   #113
Haunted House

I prefer average. I'd hate to be with someone whose constantly looking in a mirror trying to find out where they may have gained half an ounce. Plus, you don't have to worry about breaking them in half during... certain activities.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:12 PM   #114
badteccy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeartedDemoness
Just saw your picture in the picture post, love... Hate to tell you this, but you're not fat. I fucking hate the standards that tell beautiful girls like you with real womanly figures that they're "fat". How much do you weigh?
Well, thanks.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:01 PM   #115
Cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackButterfly
I'm skinny (5'3", 110 lbs). I hate being skinny, because my arms are so long (I'm a albatross!). All the image magazines on the racks that claim this is a good weight have the girls that "look like me", but probably starve themselves to death. I grew up a country girl, and where I come from they actually have meat on their bones, so that's the standard of beauty I grew up with. Whenever I go back home to visit, of course my family feeds me like I don't eat at all...

I'm cursed (although some would say blessed) with a high metabolism (and tiny breasts) from my dad's side of the family, and most of the women in my family on my mom's side are bigger than me. Of course, they all tell me I'm lucky (while I'm daydreaming about having a comic-book heroine rack like theirs...) and I'll appreciate it when I get older. Maybe so, but right now I hate it. I actually want to gain enough weight to fill out the old limbs and have those curvy, "womanly" features, because I tends towards being angular, but everything I eat goes staight to my ass... nowhere else, just the ass (thanks to my mom's genetics).

I love the looks of beautiful women whom the media consider "fat" or "overweight", because these women carry themselves so well, and I don't think they would look right skinny. People like Angie Stone and Jill Scott; they are beautiful, and part of that beauty is that they are happy with their weight and don't care what others think.

On the other hand, my opinion of "fat" being gross involves being so overweight that it impedes movement, being able to effectively keep the body clean, and of course health. Anything detrimental to health should be gotten rid of...
Agreed on every point. I, too, am blessed/cursed with the metabolism of a sea otter. A very thin pear shape would describe me pretty accurately. However although I do try gaining weight just to look a bit 'healthier', I'm still comfortable with the way I am (and probably will be for quite some time yet).

What annoys me an awful lot though is all the misconceptions floating about in this thread, so here's my opinions on them:

1. There is a difference between naturally thin and unnaturally thin. Everyone seems to think that if a girl is skinny, she must automatically worry about her weight. WRONG! If she's naturally skinny - like myself - she probably won't worry at all because she doesn't have that terrible threat of 'getting fat' hanging over her head. The only ones I've met that actually worry are ones that are so obviously meant to have more body fat that they just look silly.

2. 'Average' is an entirely relative term. 100 years ago, my 100lb frame would have been considered average. Here in Malaysia, with childhood malnutrition still fairly common, it still is. 'Average' has come to mean 'curvy' only since people have started eating more than they should. My point? Don't be fooled by cultural norms that all women should be a certain weight. What looks natural on someone is what they should be, and it's what suits them best. Anything can be beautiful as long as it's natural (I think I said that earlier in the thread).

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:38 PM   #116
Alaizabel Cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
What looks natural on someone is what they should be, and it's what suits them best. Anything can be beautiful as long as it's natural (I think I said that earlier in the thread).
Agreed. You put that very nicely, Cicero. (Oh, and just to clarify, when I mentioned the "twig" girls that I wanted to force-feed earlier, I was referring to the unnatural twigs. I just realized that it sounded like I was saying every skinny girl, which I wasn't, otherwise I'd almost be force-feeing myself).
Old 10-11-2006, 07:40 AM   #117
angel011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackButterfly
I'm skinny (5'3", 110 lbs).
Skinny? Sounds pretty normal to me. I'm 5'6'', 105 lbs, and i'm a bit underweight (I do have quite noticeable breasts and hips, though).
Old 10-13-2006, 09:19 AM   #118
SarahGirl

Speaking as a girl who likes girls

Skinny or curvy, either is fine by me, what matters is the person inside the body
SarahGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 09:30 AM   #119
She_Is_My_Sin

I agree with you on that. As long as you have a lovely personality, you'll always be gorgeous no matter what.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:22 PM   #120
Young-goth

i voted average becuase i am im size 8(not sure what that would be in america), but i used to worry about my weight because my mum weighs less than me, and shes 31 but she is very skinny, though she eats the avarage amount but she has a very high motabolism which lets her lose weight fast.
Young-goth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:35 PM   #121
DarkHeartedDemoness

8 is average. I'm an 8, and completely comfortable with it. According to my friend Missy, "skinny people just poop more." And I'm ok with the amount of poop I currently expel.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 11-06-2006, 05:32 PM   #122
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I'm size 7. And quite happy with it. I feel healthy, and to me, that's what matters most. I think I am beautiful, who cares if others think I look "fat" or not.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 06:15 PM   #123
insertwittyname

I'm 5' 6" or 7" and 130lbs, female. Average body type, hate how my ass is like 3" bigger than my boobs. I wear a size 5 pants but I want to go back into ROTC because I went to camp for 2 weeks and I went down 2 sizes and weighed 137 pounds, all muscle! *put on tight pants from before camp* *looks down* *pants around ankles* O.o MY FAT ASS AND THIGHS ARE GONE!!! Then I went back home, ate all the time becuase camp taught me to eat as much as you could, you'll burn it all and be hungry before the hour is up. My metabolism didn't go back to normal for a while, so I ate like a pig and gained back all that fat and lost the muscle making me back to my former self. T.T

My preference in guys: my height or taller, with muscle, doesn't have to be all ripply and stuff! just enough to carry me, no wedding fiasco of dropping me as we walk through the threshold. he must be of average *bf, you are average, not stick* or a tiny bit over weight, i like some pudge, but not that much.

My views in feminin body type as I am straight: Some fat/muscle, too stick thin, and the legs look gross, and the shoulders bony and ugly. Too overweight, the arm fat and thighs look bad when held against your body or chair becuase it goes all flat and bad looking.

Straight honesty. Too fat, it's just unhealthy and your partner will die before the first week of going steady, and too thin, *hug* *crack* MY ARM! Personality though will win though when rating person.

Don't hurt me! *cowers*
Old 11-06-2006, 06:43 PM   #124
Alaizabel Cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by insertwittyname
*hug* *crack* MY ARM!
Heh, just thought that was a funny scenario. Especially when you plug in the fact that I'm kind of skinny and I have a habit of breaking the one arm. I was thinking "Hey, that might as well be me!". I love exercise too much to lose weight though. Not the having to get up part, but afterwards I always feel great. Gotta love those endorphins, they're the only real plus to running cross-country.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:58 PM   #125
OsoCrazy

I envy skinney people. I'm one of those Just-a-bit-way-over-average-weight classes. People seem to like me/hate me all the same, tend to be the center of jokes because of my weight thought, I long to be a skinney lad that doesnt have to to worry about seeing which part of fat is hanging out which end *bad visual, sorry* and can fit into any anything he wants, I'm very self-concious
( sorry for being whiney )... I tend to like Skinney to nice curves, though i have no room to talk.
OsoCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote