Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 05-01-2006, 05:43 AM   #51
Blushing Heliophobe

I shave everything and everywhere - except for my face of course.

Maybe if I had blonde hair it's be different but like a few of you, I have pale skin and dark hair and I just don't like the way it looks.

Any woman that can go Hollywood (entire everything waxed from her punani) has got brass balls of steel and I effing commend her. I've spent 8 hours under the NEEDLE that didn't hurt so much. It still didn't get everything, and started growing back within the month.

Nope, I just shave - it's so much less painful.

None of my hair has grown back thicker. Sometimes I forget to shave my arms for awhile but it grows back so sparse you can't even notice.

Shaving the 'nani has gotten interesting lately though because I have to do it completely by feel because of the bellah. A bit scary but I've come out of it unharmed so far.

I personally like a bit of hair on my man but NOT the '70's afro bushman crotch, I don't find that attractive, plus, I don't think a bunch of hair in my mouth feels good. Blegh.

Seriously though, anyone who's had a Hollywood once and still goes back for more - I bow down in awe 'cause that shit HURTS.
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:26 AM   #52
chelseagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by succubus,queenofvampires
I wax my legs and armpits but have recently started shaving my armpits since I'm thinking of having permanent laser done on them during Easter vacation.

Last summer, I went to get my bikini line waxed,as soon as she started I hurt so much that I had to stop! *turns crimson red in color*

FYI, this weekend I stopped by the place I had my "brazilian" laser hair removal on my nether regions, to see how much my underarms would be. The underarm package total (for 6 treatments) is $490.00, which is like $82.00 per treatment. As soon as I get back from my honeymoon next month, I'm going to start.
chelseagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:08 PM   #53
Cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushing Heliophobe
Shaving the 'nani has gotten interesting lately though because I have to do it completely by feel because of the bellah. A bit scary but I've come out of it unharmed so far.
You're lucky. I once heard a blood-curdling scream come from the bathroom while my sister was in there... She'd nicked herself somewhere rather sensitive.

And thank god someone brought up the fact that no hair down there looks awfully pre-pubescent (on some people at least). With my smallish mammaries and a fairly young looking face, no hair down there makes me look like the perfect target for a pedophile.

When it comes to mens' nether regions, a bit of upkeep is always a good thing. If they can complain about hairs in their mouths, so can we.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:08 PM   #54
Blushing Heliophobe

I've been shaving it for 5 years and never had any damage so far. I may start using a mirror soon
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:16 AM   #55
Morrigan_Dubh

I pinched something down there this morning when I was trimming. Ouch!
Remember kids, it's not a good idea to engage in intimate hygiene before you have fully woken up...
Old 05-02-2006, 12:55 PM   #56
lena

I used to agree with the whole pubescent issue of shaving that entire area, but after i had my second kid, I got a stretch mark in that area, and hair doesnt grow in the stretch mark so it looks really stupid if I dont shave it completely.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:07 AM   #57
Snugglekeeg

I shaved my legs a couple of times and ended up with a bad case of ingrown hairs, since then I tend to just keep my pits and unmentionables trimmed.
Snugglekeeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 08:06 PM   #58
NachtSorcier

I have hair all over and I do nothing with it except trim my pubic hair. In the gay community I'm known as a cub, and I'm quite proud of that.

Visit my online store: http://www.websofsilver.com
NachtSorcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:07 PM   #59
shattered_likeness

I try to stay shaven everywhere. For me, it is a sexual thing. I'm all about skin contact, and the way it is almost impossible to feel close to the person I'm with, with all of that hair in the way.

For me, at least, sex is about feeling as close to the person you are with as possible, almost like being one person. (Think Hedwig & the Angry Inch) I feel that the less hair I have, the closer I can feel towards my significant other.

And, on the subject of permanent hair removal, I am planning on having it done in a couple of months. No more ingrown hairs on my legs!!!
shattered_likeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 02:04 PM   #60
J.M.Lovechild

I don't like the way it looks down there when i shve all the hair of, but i love the feeling of my bare skin against my boyfriends if we've both shaved. I generally go for the Brazillian, and shave my legs, arms (dark hair, pale skin) and armpits.
J.M.Lovechild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 08:57 PM   #61
winged_dreams

I'm lazy when it comes to shaving. I shave my legs, armpits, and my wonderful pubic hair. Ha! I said it! XD I'm annoyed at summer though. I might have to start wearing more skirts and therefore shave my legs more often.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:33 PM   #62
Somber Illusions

It depends on the gender.

Females:

Legs
Arm Pit
Gentiles

And Sometimes.....

Lips
Arms

As for males, our society isn't too rigid on the matter. In severity, one might find it "fit" to wax/shave certain areas.
Somber Illusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 10:28 PM   #63
Kettu

well, I HATE HATE HATE body hair myself, so I try to wax almost everything.

its pricey yes, but worth it in the long run.
Kettu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:51 PM   #64
LusciousLenae

I shave my legs, pits, and arms. I would love to laser hair removal for all of it someday!

Right now I just trim the bushes really short. When my husband comes home from Iraq, I'll definitely shave it all off! I bought a special shaving creme called Coochie from Adam and Eve. It had good reviews all of the net, it prevents irritation and ingrown hairs.

I told hubby I wanted him shaved as well, which he has allready started doing. The other day he told me he wants me to wax off all of his body hair, very sexy!
LusciousLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:59 PM   #65
soggypicklemuncher

I'm a dirty hippie on this count. Most of the time I don't shave, but I occasionally trim my pubes if they get too bushy. I never shave my legs. I like feeling the breeze in my leg hairs. ^_^

You only see what you want to believe
When you creep from the back
I got tricks up my sleeve
24/7 the devil's best friend
It makes no difference
It's all the same in the end

-"Same in the End" by Sublime
soggypicklemuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:07 PM   #66
PersephoneX

i ALWAYS shave...i have no body hair...i have eyebrows, eyelashes and hair on my head....but the concept of gross monkey folk is kinda creepy...:lol:
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 09:29 AM   #67
Gilthoniel

Despite what the bottle says, and despite the funny smell, you can use Nair anywhere on your body (well, except the face). You just have to be very attentive to what sensations you're getting back from various parts of your body. It's like meditating.

I removed all the body hair on myself from the neck down, and it stayed away for a couple weeks before starting to become noticeable again. Re-growth does not seem to be darker or more coarse, either.

You definately have to be careful, because Nair does dissolve the hair while it's still on your body. I recommend that you hide yourself away in the bathroom with a watch, a few towels, and your shower. It took me about three or four showers to complete the job. Apply-wait-wash-repeat. I ended up using the whole bottle, but it worked marvellously.
Gilthoniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:51 AM   #68
Needled

I shave my pits, arms, and legs. I also shave "down there" but I hate how fast the hair grows back and feels prickly against my legs. I'm definitely going to start waxing soon. I don't like a lot of hair; it makes me feel less feminine... so I do it mostly for vanity, and because I feel dirty when I'm hairy.
Needled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:21 PM   #69
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I hate body haie on girls, GROSS. I shave my

-pits
-legs
-arms
-back
-stomach
-chest
-butt
-hands
-feet
-And I tweeze my eyebrows and remove my mustache with cream. I leave my genital hair there.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 07:54 AM   #70
badteccy

I really hate body hair. I shave my legs (well, dur) and all those other girly things. I also shave my arms sometimes, and my eyebrows. Yea, I get kind of OCD about it.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 10:10 AM   #71
transformingfate

I hate my body hair, and I hate shaving. I'm going to get a full-coverage laser hair removal eventually, once I can afford it.
I currently shave my legs, feet, genital area, and if it wasn't so much of a pain all the time I'd shave my stomach/back/butt and arms and hands. I have really dark hair and fair skin and it really looks horrible. I tweeze my eyebrows and remove my moustache and cheek hair.
transformingfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 05:47 PM   #72
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by badteccy
Yea, I get kind of OCD about it.
I know what you mean about getting OCD about it. I am. When I don't get a chance to do it, I am freaking about it all day until I get to do it. It drives me insane. I hate it too when other people are really hairy and don't do anything about it. It drives me insane!!!!!!

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 05:50 AM   #73
Delkaetre

I don't bother too much with shaving and that.
My legs are pretty much permanently encased in jeans and boots, so they're never seen- no point shaving em except for the rare days when they're out on display.
Armpits are the only thing I really bother with, since some of my tops are semi-transparent or short-sleeved. There is occasional maintanence of genital hair just to keep things accessible to my pet male, though.
Meh. I know that most goths- especially females- tend to shave, but it's too much like work for me. I'm lazy, and I'm not showing anything off, so I don't see much need to bother.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 09:02 PM   #74
deamon doll

Shave everything exept the hair on your head. girls look dreadful with their sides shaved. unless your dykes ladies, shaving your heads doesnt look so great (not meant to insult anyone, LoL)
some guys look ok, but its rare. so dont try it unless youve actually gotton a ton of comliments in the past about it.
deamon doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 01:28 PM   #75
c130

I don't shave anywhere... it's way too much hassle. If I know I'm gonna be wearing shorts, going swimming, showing off my armpits, etc. then I'll go over the visible areas with a razor (mostly to dispel the myth that there's a gorilla somewhere in my family tree). I never shave my arms below the armpit, I actually quite like my hair there because it's quite fine and about the same colour as my skin. But since I'm almost entirely covered up for about 50 out of 52 weeks in the year, I don't bother. And since I'm asexual (or perhaps just a late bloomer...) I don't need to shave anything for a partner's benefit either.