Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

View Poll Results: what kind of eye liner do you use?
liquid 3 20.00%
stick 12 80.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2005, 03:57 AM   #26
Poison

Definatly the pencil, that damn liquid eyeliner goes into my eyes every time. *cries* but it's great if you want to do little designs on your face with..: )
Poison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 09:21 AM   #27
Nemi

Liquid when I want more dramatic look, pencil when I don't have that much patience. And pencil for the lower lid, I still can't do that with liquid.
Nemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 09:14 PM   #28
FenrisQueen

Definitely the pencil. I cant handle the liquid, and the pencil is better for me in the morning for some indiscernible reason.
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?
FenrisQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 08:26 AM   #29
cyberJade

If you are going to use make up, be sure to invest in a basic skin care products.
A good liquid makeup remover, Cleanser( i.e. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash),
and a good moisturizer, with spf. Just a word to the wise.
cyberJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 11:08 PM   #30
Kali Maxwell

I'll use liquid only if I can find the liquid ones that are shaped like a marker. But those have been hard to find as of late. I usually use a good black pencil, and that works just fine for me. I've tried the liquid that comes with a little paintbrush for applying it, and... let's just say I'm a very untalented painter.
Kali Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 10:55 AM   #31
dreamydancer

I tend to use Prestige or NYC sticks. They feel a lot less irritating than liquid eyeliner since I wear contacts. And believe me it gets extremely humid where I live.

~Clan of Xymox
dreamydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 11:27 AM   #32
Nemesis

i use a pencil liner normally, and if i want to use a liquid one i just dip the pencil in water, works for me!
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 11:05 AM   #33
MrMaelstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberJade
If you are going to use make up, be sure to invest in a basic skin care products.

Wise, very wise words.....
Old 09-13-2005, 01:45 PM   #34
AmethystLea

I like to wear both.

I find it easier to use liquid on top of my eye lids and then pencil for under my eyes and like nemesis I sometime wet my pencil, when I have no liquid left.
AmethystLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 11:50 AM   #35
NoneSuch

Never been much of a fan of makeup myself.. just seems like a bit of waste of time and it never looked good on me but on some people it just works
NoneSuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 07:02 PM   #36
sorrow

Pencil for bottom. Liquid for eyelid.
sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 08:11 PM   #37
angleangel_doom

The only thing I know a lot about are eyelashes, because mine almost touch my eyebrow when I do it properly. Just be sure to hold the crimper for at least 15 seconds before applying.
angleangel_doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 09:33 PM   #38
Demonista_Ravenesque

I don't know why the hell I'm saying this, but liquid eyeliner, in black, is a handy backup when you're out of black lipstick ok, I'm done.

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 04:33 AM   #39
eric_the_girl

i use eye liner pencil... though on occasion when i really want to make a statement i'll line my eyes in red lipliner...
eric_the_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 01:13 PM   #40
gothicheart

Post im a new goth im 12

hey i think u shouldn't make your face white just a lil and dark eyeliner and my name is michelle bye the way im a new goth person two im 12 years old and i no how to do make up trust me!!!!!! ;-)
lol
ok peace buh bi
~michelle~ :-)
gothicheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 01:15 PM   #41
gothicheart

ppl forget my advice i need your help HOW DO I DO MAKE UP ahhh i do not want a white face my parents won't let me do that but i need to no wut to do with it i have no idea im 12 and im in 7th grade and i need help thanx
gothicheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 05:12 PM   #42
GeNoCiDe_PaRaDoX

With me being black and all (though i do tend to look like a mixed person) i don't put on white foundation.I usually put on earth tones that don't make me look unusually pale.( 'cuz it won't look so good on me.) if you want a longer lasting lipstick,i suggest covergirl long lasting lipcolor. you can darken it with a little black lipstick before u use the sealing gloss.(for that bloody kiss of death look)
GeNoCiDe_PaRaDoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 09:40 PM   #43
Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Immortal
Pencil, all the way.

you are very pretty. I believe in telling people things like that if you are thinking them, coz there's no point in keeping it to yourself, so dont be creeped out. I'm not hitting on you. I just think that you are very pretty.
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 10:24 PM   #44
Daedalus

Here's what I don't get about people who put on tons of makeup, and call it a political statement. For some reason, all of the gothic people I know, that I can see and touch, say that MakeUp is thier form of rebellion... Wouldn't it make more sense to save your money, spare the makeup, and buy an AK? Doesn't a bullet make more of a political statement than eyeliner?
Daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:09 AM   #45
Tall One In Black

I'm a little late to this thread, but here's my $.02:

I recommend Merle Norman Luxiva foundation. It's the only brand of the many I've tried that doesn't feel sticky or slimy after a few hours. Even at the end of the day, it doesn't feel like makeup. Merle Norman loose powder is also the best of the best, IMO. The lightest color makes me look slightly paler.

Though now that I no longer live in a humid, polluted place, my skin looks pretty good (thanks also to ProActiv - good stuff, despite the infomercials!). So I almost never wear foundation, just concealer under my eyes and powder.

Since I'm cursed with DARK circles and bags like a movie star's luggage under my eyes, I have searched for years for a heavy-duty concealer that's pale enough to use on my skin. Finally found Clinique Line Smoothing. It actually covers the dark blue-black and makes me look marginally less sick.

Because I already look like I'm sporting two black eyes and a bad case of the flu, I avoid eyeliner. (Boo-hoo! I love the look of it.) Once in a while I wear light purple eyeshadow and liner; it brightens the area slightly.

I don't wear lipstick either. For me, the purpose of makeup is to reduce the number of people who ask me, "Are you feeling well?" or "Have you been crying?" each day. I don't attempt to draw any attention to my face.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:47 PM   #46
blacklove_04

well, at least you get to wear fucking make up, damn parents won't even let me wear eyeliner. "You look morbic" she says (or morbid whatever that word is) well mommy that's kind of the point. Oh well
blacklove_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 10:12 AM   #47
goth_girl_666

there cool tips
goth_girl_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 03:31 AM   #48
mortalitas incomitatus

ok the rules.....

SCRUB your face every night and morning cos if you have less acne and blemishes, you wont really need too much foundaition.

and moisturise well as concelers, foundation and powder tend not to stick to dry skin and will flake.

use a seperate night moisturiser and day moisturiser as the night ones tend not to soak in as fast and can be a little greasier and the day ones go better under makeup.

try to get one that has sunscreen in it aswell.

ALWAYS spend a little more on good cosmetics cos often they are kinder to your skin and as they are better quality they wont wear off so quickly so you wont be reapplying all day like the cheaper ones.
there for they will last longer so they are actually better value.
Nepolian, MAC, Revlon, Clineque, L'oreal, Sushido are all good oh and Natio.

Liquid is good as it wont smudge and is a little more 'defining'.
but it takes a little more time and care and a little harder for a beginner to master.

Pencils/sticks are my personal fave as they sudge and thats 'my look'.
but they can smudge by themselves during the day/evening so you can end up with the 'racoon eyes' look.
but they are quicker and easier.

But you shoult definantly have one of each in you makeup bag.

Ok....the big one.
LIPSTICK.
ALWAYS, always invest in a GOOOD QUALITY one this is a must.
Use with a matching...thats MATCHING lip liner.
and apply the lipstick then blot off then re-apply then blot again then re-apply a final tine and it should last a lot longer.

Always keep you lips well moisturised when not wearing lippy as lippy hates dry cracked lips and will come off easy. so always carry a goop lip balm and use often.

lippy during the day is completly up to you .... some poeple cant pull it off but i personally always wear lippy unless i'm going to work.

But the general rule of thumb is a lighter or more nutral shade during the day and darker shade for the evening.

always put foundation on you eyelids as it will help the eyeshadow stick longer.
dampen the eyeshadow applicater a little as that will gve you a stronger colour.

MAKE conceler your best friend.

ummmmm.....ok i think that covers the basics.
if you have anymore technical questions just ask as i did work as a makeup artist so i know all sorts of little tricks.

ok....hope i helped.

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 05:28 PM   #49
polished_wolf_claws

Heh.... My parents always gave me crap for the make-up thing... so I showed them up. they said if i wanted to wear makeup, I could move out.... so i did. Xp

but anywho.... I don't know how much I could add to this thread....

+hygene: already covered
+eyeliner: covered *Oh yea..... I likes the pencil....*
+lipstick: My black ran out, and I'm getting some more ordered... but for now I use black pencil liner *NOT the same stuff as your eyes... use another pencil* I give a quick coloring to them, then I apply lipstick... and or gloss.... hard to tell the diff unless your like eyeball to lips wiff a person
+Foundation: DOn't use it often.

Well... there's my $.0176 *canadian exchange*
polished_wolf_claws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 05:39 PM   #50
punkirony

Quote:
Originally Posted by polished_wolf_claws
Well... there's my $.0176 *canadian exchange*

Hey, I like that!