Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

View Poll Results: what kind of eye liner do you use?
liquid 3 20.00%
stick 12 80.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2005, 05:49 PM   #51
mushroomcloud

Quote:
Here's what I don't get about people who put on tons of makeup, and call it a political statement. For some reason, all of the gothic people I know, that I can see and touch, say that MakeUp is thier form of rebellion... Wouldn't it make more sense to save your money, spare the makeup, and buy an AK? Doesn't a bullet make more of a political statement than eyeliner?
Just what I`m thinking. I don`t wear that much make up and I` kind of sick of people always complaining about how they can`t wear make up. Here`s something many people have said before: It`s not the make up or clothes that make you goth.It`s the way you act that makes you goth. Now if you`re allowed to wear make up and you like it, go ahead and wear it. But if you wear it just so people will notice you, then you might as well just put a sign on yourself that says "I`M AN ATTENTION WHORE"
mushroomcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 08:56 PM   #52
mortalitas incomitatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkirony
Hey, I like that!

i like that too punk.

to polished w. claws...
WELCOME TO THE FUNNY NEWBIE!!!
~waving now~

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 09:04 PM   #53
mortalitas incomitatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroomcloud
Just what I`m thinking. I don`t wear that much make up and I` kind of sick of people always complaining about how they can`t wear make up. Here`s something many people have said before: It`s not the make up or clothes that make you goth.It`s the way you act that makes you goth. Now if you`re allowed to wear make up and you like it, go ahead and wear it. But if you wear it just so people will notice you, then you might as well just put a sign on yourself that says "I`M AN ATTENTION WHORE"

BEND OVER AND PREPARE TO BE FLAMED...

you are an idiot mushroom.
this thread was opened because sark wanted to know about makeup and how to apply it.
not GOTHIC makeup, just makeup in general.
this post has nothing to do with 'goth'.
so go read the first f**king post.
and stop being an unimportant newb who goes off half cocked without even reading the post he is commenting about.
tosser....go away, far, far away from here.

i'm spent.

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 09:42 PM   #54
polished_wolf_claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortalitas incomitatus
i like that too punk.

to polished w. claws...
WELCOME TO THE FUNNY NEWBIE!!!
~waving now~

*waves Back* Thanks
polished_wolf_claws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 10:10 AM   #55
NyteShadeCreed

I personally use both pencil and liquid, first I draw the lines in pencil then I trace it with the liquid for the dramatic look yet less the worry about messing up, I can't draw so the pencil lets me erase and redo without the hassel of washing my whole face like with liquid.
NyteShadeCreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 02:14 PM   #56
chipndalegoth

hi i have been using stick eyeliner and i have tried to use liquid but it always makes my eyes water. do you have and suggestions on how i can cope or any alternatives?
chipndalegoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 11:30 PM   #57
ajspear

I use pencil, it's easyer and I'm lame with the whole not poking myself. Besides, it's cheaper and although eye liner is somtimes considerd "better" truthfull, just do what works better for you.
~~~
on a similar note, what should I do if I have dark skin, I'm not black but I look hawaiin/haspanic even though I'm just chinnesse and white togther, with some polish jew. So, I'm not sure how to get the goth kinda look. I just do "normal" makeup b/c it's simple and almost noticable, plus makes me feel all purtty and stuffz.

((took longer then I had expected))
ajspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 01:27 AM   #58
Souldburned

I use pencil for the eyes and I don't usually use lipstick, but still I'm quite a newbie about make up so this topic and tips were great.
Souldburned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 05:17 PM   #59
xXambivalenceXx

I use liquid for doing designs, but pencil for everything else. My eyeliner is nyc or... some other cheapo brand from walmart. Works wonders.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:02 AM   #60
BlackElvenTear

well, I've been wearing makeup almost everyday for five to six years now, but still I have found no method to keep the lipstick from getting messed up when I'm eating/drinking. Any idea what to do?
BlackElvenTear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 07:31 PM   #61
solacecai

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackElvenTear
well, I've been wearing makeup almost everyday for five to six years now, but still I have found no method to keep the lipstick from getting messed up when I'm eating/drinking. Any idea what to do?
Here's a little tip to get lipstick to stay: use a little aloe vera on your lips (get the real stuff, not the 20% aloe junk they sell in the summer) let it dry completely (it will sting like crazy if your lips are chapped) then apply your lipstick. It helps to use lip liner as well. I don't use stick liner though, I use a lipstick a shade or two lighter than the lipstick.
solacecai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 06:59 AM   #62
Underwater Ophelia

I like to use lip stains instead of lipsticks. They don't come off at all unless you really really work at it.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 08:37 AM   #63
Natasshha

Well, something very natural.... just a good clean up, away with oil and everything, nutrogena or clearasil or something everynight and then some mousturazing cream and PRONTO!.
Just a tip, dont weare too much makeup, it really damage your skin and please be carefull sometimes you can get rushes bc the strong chemicals on the products
Use as prescribed..heheheh

Nah, I'm serious... the natural look is the best one.... Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...dont forget it.

Nati
Natasshha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 08:52 AM   #64
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
I like to use lip stains instead of lipsticks. They don't come off at all unless you really really work at it.
Handy when giving Blowjobs to Goldfish.

*Glub*
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 05:00 PM   #65
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
Handy when giving Blowjobs to Goldfish.

*Glub*
I never thought I'd meet another with that special hobby!
Old 01-17-2006, 08:49 PM   #66
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
I never thought I'd meet another with that special hobby!
It's not so much a hobby as it is a Life Choice..

Uhh..

O0o0o Look!!! Something Shiny!!!
Old 01-18-2006, 01:16 PM   #67
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
It's not so much a hobby as it is a Life Choice..

Uhh..

O0o0o Look!!! Something Shiny!!!
Could you imagine if that actually was someone's life choice? Oh, dear.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:18 PM   #68
Underwater Ophelia

Can anyone recommend any good concealer/pale foundation that isn't greasy or oily? I've tried lots of different kinds but they never really blend well, and it feels like I'm wearing a mask made of peanut butter.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:39 PM   #69
JuliaGaltic

Quote:
Can anyone recommend any good concealer/pale foundation that isn't greasy or oily? I've tried lots of different kinds but they never really blend well, and it feels like I'm wearing a mask made of peanut butter.
I use Maybelline ShineFree. It's a little tube but a little goes a long way with that stuff.

You can use it to do a full face foundation or to just cover little blotches or pimples.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:07 AM   #70
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaGaltic
I use Maybelline ShineFree. It's a little tube but a little goes a long way with that stuff.

You can use it to do a full face foundation or to just cover little blotches or pimples.
This can most certainly be found at a drugstore or Sally's, right?
Old 01-19-2006, 11:10 AM   #71
Saya

anyone know good make up brands that doesn't test on animals? Its usually not printed on the label, the only ones that I know for a fact doesn't test on animals (NYC, for example) isn't that good.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 12:45 PM   #72
She_Is_My_Sin

You could try looking on a website which I think is called Beauty Without Cruelty. I'm not sure whether that's what it's actually called but try on a search engine. (I don't know the actual address either sorry!)
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 12:51 PM   #73
JuliaGaltic

Quote:
This can most certainly be found at a drugstore or Sally's, right?
Yeah, you can find this anywhere.
Old 01-19-2006, 01:27 PM   #74
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
anyone know good make up brands that doesn't test on animals? Its usually not printed on the label, the only ones that I know for a fact doesn't test on animals (NYC, for example) isn't that good.
Check the Leaping Bunny.

They list products not tested on animals, the above ^^ is a direct link to the Cosmetics section.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:31 AM   #75
rubygloommel

Location: Cottingley, in bradford, west yorkshire, crappy wet england.
Unfortunately for me I have blonde hair and a natural tan that tens to get dark even in winter, the worst combination possible T_T but on top of that I have bad skin so I a. have to be careful what make-up I put on and b. pretty much pile on the foundation every day, I always do my eyes, but I never seem to be able to get it off the night before and when I wake up its still there (even if I'm certain it was all off), but, maybe it's because my dodgy eye shape or something, but its really hard to get eyeshadow on the far side of my eyes, but when it's on, it pretty much stays on. I use liquid eyeliner because it's easier to see, and with a pencil I always ended up poking my eye out. I put mascara on too, but not much, just a thin layer. On weekdays, I'll just put a pale lipgloss on, but on weekends I tend to put something darker on. I'm blessed with long nails (the only thing I like about myself ^_^) so I can take ages finding a colour I want to put on, I've got to say I opt for red more often than black. As for my hair, I've just had it cut short and I'm getting it dyed this weekend, so, happy!
I hope something I said helped.
rubygloommel is offline   Reply With Quote