Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 11-05-2006, 08:11 AM   #26
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten
wow...emo is terrible. I get called emo, lol. it aint fair.... ...no wait....here it is...first (the end of 9th grade) I got called a poser.....lol...then, 10th grade, I get called a poser/emo.....and WAIT!! it gets better..now I am emo/scenester.....i dont even think I can spell it, lol. I hate the little fake goth children in my school too. They think because I cant afford cds and black clothes all of the time, that i *must* be scenester or emo. I think thats stupid. I am poor as hell, and I get music...*shifty eyes*...dont ask where. They think goth is all Cradle and children of bodem. Great bands, really! but seriusly.....they havent even heard of stuff like the bauhaus and the sisters of mercy.

they need to get educated. PLUS.....lol...they arnt into the art, the literature, ANYTHING else.........makes me sad, because they are *really* missing out.
Sweetie, I like you. You seem really really sweet. I would love to be friends with you... If you promise to never say "ain't" again.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 04:33 PM   #27
kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeartedDemoness
Sweetie, I like you. You seem really really sweet. I would love to be friends with you... If you promise to never say "ain't" again.

YAY!!! *hugs demoness* FRIENDS!!!! (i think i might have th heart of a raver.... ) but yes, I promis not to ever say "aint" again.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:22 PM   #28
Godslayer Jillian

Yea... I'm sure that included much more than just "aint". There's also the "i" and the grammatical errors.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 07:32 PM   #29
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Yea... I'm sure that included much more than just "aint". There's also the "i" and the grammatical errors.
I'm getting better about not freaking out on people with awful grammar... Sometimes, they're perfectly nice people who just can't make the english/spelling/grammar part of their brain *click*. There are some things I just can't tolerate, and some I'm learning to. "ain't" makes me cringe, as does "I seen".
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 03:18 PM   #30
kitten

Its not that I always make these errors. I just type REALLY fast and somtimes I make mistakes. I need to learn to slow down.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:41 PM   #31
c130

My friend got called a "fucking emo" when we were in Hellfire a few weeks ago. It was most curious. I was in there wearing my trenchcoat, boots, etc. and she was wearing vaguely preppie jeans, t-shirt, light jacket, etc. But right enough these people walked by her, looked at her foully, and muttered under their breath.

She was probably standing too close to the rack of tiny-sized band t-shirts or something.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:51 AM   #32
Slap Your Love

Rofl, everyone thinks everyone is `emo` nowdays. They should do a wiki search and actually see what emo is. Or was...
Old 11-08-2006, 06:52 AM   #33
kitten

Emo is a funny sounding word... .... its like nemo.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:57 PM   #34
Puppet Master

I used to have this same mindset. Though eventually just thought...whats the point. Also I had to stop as I was getting more into an elitist mindset....not saying thats a bad thing though XD.....(Please dont kill me).

Fads are born and then fads die. Emo may go for years, and it also may just as easily fade out in a year.

Though sadly and this is the sad fact, they dont actually try anything original =/....
A mate of mine is emo, though he has actually tried doing somthing different. Having an emo cliche haircut, but then with the other half of his head shaved, and also he is starting to look like a human pincusion with his stretched ears and piercings (not your average emo). Looks quite funky and punky. If only the others would take this inatative(sp?). As with all styles, you have to make it your own.

Another main point one has to remember at the moment, emo is 90% mainstream. There might be some underground emo bands, but if there are, I have never heard of them. Which is quite different to goth which has always been more underground.

Emo takes elements from other scenes. E.g. punk, rocker, metaler, goth, trendy. Then mixes into a blender. A cookie cutter recipie for a money making idea. A scene which takes its insperations in the alt scene, but then made into somthing trendy. This is usefull for people who want to be "different" yet dont want to draw attention to themselves as much.

This is not saying emos are bad people. There are only a few.....fools....who I have met who create the negative persona of pretending and actually cutting themselves for attention, which creates a crying for wolf scenario. For when the person in question really is self harming....no one will believe them =/
Puppet Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:23 PM   #35
Draconysius

I thought Emo was birthed by Fugazi as "emotional hardcore", not mope 24-7. Hey, I look at it his way: subcultural divisions like Goth, Punk, Emo, etc. at least bring people together and are part of these people's process of growing up and finding themselves. If they wanna be different, even hypocritically, I say let them.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:58 PM   #36
fairiez_wear_boots

My second post then on a subject I find very interesting.....I am pretty dark so trying to look pale is out of the question......I also come from a country where walking at 10 am wearing black eye pencil or extreme make up is not only rediculous but also not practical since the sun makes you sweat and everything is just droooooling.....I am also a cheerful type of person some times of the day and moody some other times of the day.........Sometimes I enjoy wearing colourful hippie style clothes......Sometimes I enjoy wearing medieval clothes.....Sometimes I want to wear corsets and heels.....Sometimes I just want to stay in pajamas......I also like one million different kinds of music........This doesn't mean I am not a goth........Goth is a philosophy, a way of processing things, a music that enables and helps this type of thinking and behaving.......Trying to pretend something so as to "match" a group does not make me an original member of the group bu a group wannabe....I am much against any type of "grouping" people according to their clothing, hair, make up etc.....(like rock, gothic, metal, hip hop etc) I just think that being who you really are is the only thing that helps you to have your own personal development.......
fairiez_wear_boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 03:59 PM   #37
VisciaDacia

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairiez_wear_boots
My second post then on a subject I find very interesting.....I am pretty dark so trying to look pale is out of the question......I also come from a country where walking at 10 am wearing black eye pencil or extreme make up is not only rediculous but also not practical since the sun makes you sweat and everything is just droooooling.....I am also a cheerful type of person some times of the day and moody some other times of the day.........Sometimes I enjoy wearing colourful hippie style clothes......Sometimes I enjoy wearing medieval clothes.....Sometimes I want to wear corsets and heels.....Sometimes I just want to stay in pajamas......I also like one million different kinds of music........This doesn't mean I am not a goth........Goth is a philosophy, a way of processing things, a music that enables and helps this type of thinking and behaving.......Trying to pretend something so as to "match" a group does not make me an original member of the group bu a group wannabe....I am much against any type of "grouping" people according to their clothing, hair, make up etc.....(like rock, gothic, metal, hip hop etc) I just think that being who you really are is the only thing that helps you to have your own personal development.......

So, you basically just took all the words out of my mouth.
I like you. <3
VisciaDacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:29 PM   #38
fairiez_wear_boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisciaDacia
So, you basically just took all the words out of my mouth.
I like you. <3

Hehe........thanks......
Old 11-12-2006, 05:27 PM   #39
Godslayer Jillian

I like what you said about not grouping people by how they look.
Although I would certainly disagree in someone who would say labeling overall is not good. It would be like saying "These are not all skittles. Some are red, some are purple. You cannot put them together just because they come in the sabe bag" or something like that.
I think grouping should be more of attitudes.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:07 PM   #40
fairiez_wear_boots

I agree to that.......There are times when I think that many groups that want to "rebel" and not be parts of any group such as rockers (metal, gothic whatever) by acting like that the only thing they manage to do is nothing but eventually form a group........an anticonformistic perhaps but still a group......what they try to avoid like being everyday people. or capitalistic people, or nationalists or business people or anything else that is what they become actually.......accusing "social grouping" but actually becoming part of it......so yes I agree in grouping in the terms that you suggest but nothing more further than that.......each person is an individual and noone is going to tell me what should I wear, listen to, eat or behave....and yet I can be listening to gothic, metal, classical, folk, hip hop, r n b or whatever at the same time and be a school teacher wearing gym clothes and drinking martinis when Im going out.....Its all about philosophy and mentality and not "showing" what you want others to believe you are
Old 11-12-2006, 06:22 PM   #41
DarkGothikaAngel

I can relate to fairiez_wear_boots because i problebly come from the same country. Anyway at my school there is a major problem with emos and wannabes. First off it helps to know what a goth is and the differences between a goth and an emo person, this person does not. She thinks all you have to do is dress black, be sad,and have thoughts of suicide, and listen to heavy metal,like Slipknot(my hero) you are Goth. Coming to school one day in a miniskirt and showing off to anybody who is paying attention and then the next day coming to scholl with skintight goth pants and a Slipknot(my hero) jacket and being completely antisocial is NOT a goth. Talk about major moodswings. and this girl pays complete attention to what everybody says about her. if somebody told her that her hair was fucked up she would care and try to do something about so it wasn't fucked up anymore.She is comeing to me and telling me that i am a poser? I spike my hair and wear black lipstick and have my longer bangs hang in my face and i wear eyeliner. i think she is afriad of eyeliner. I don't care what other people think of me. i have holes big enough in my ear where i can take a q-tip and clean the inside of my ears. my cartlidge is pierced 3 times, too. that is getting off the topic. She isn't my problem. Its the labeling. you don't have to have a specific label to be somebody. you can just be yourself,and then you are somebody. It is also good to have individuality. everyone else is worried about looking like everyone else.then there is no individuality. that is the major problem at my school. it is sickening.
DarkGothikaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 06:25 PM   #42
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGothikaAngel
I can relate to fairiez_wear_boots because i problebly come from the same country.
Yes, and I agree with Fidel Castro because we're on the same hemisphere.
*coughs*idiot*coughs*

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 11-12-2006, 06:30 PM   #43
DarkGothikaAngel

i am greek not cuban,Godslayer Jillian. and i am just letting off some steam. maybe i should go and practice my kick boxing instead.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:32 PM   #44
Godslayer Jillian

And maybe you should reread your post and try to justify its "gothiness".
I saw nothing in there that tells me you are not a... what do you call them? Oh yes, a poser.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 11-12-2006, 06:45 PM   #45
DarkGothikaAngel

you don't even know me.so how can you say that i am a poser?you are getting worked up for nothing. you know nothing about my life,or what i do. and i don't have to try and prove my point to. you are noting to me.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:05 PM   #46
Godslayer Jillian

Haha, merry coincidence once more.
But let's see:
-You apparently believe Slipknot is goth (or in any case it's still your hero)
-You said you're more goth than that other girl because you have longer bangs. Stupidity much?
-You say you don't care what other people say or think about you, but you still entered a forum, which obviously has people; ergo, they will think something about you.
-And what's that of coming to school in a miniskirt and showing off to anybody? You were pissed that "she" said that's not goth. Are you saying being an attention whore is goth? Doesn't that contradict what you were saying about not caring about other people's thoughts?

EIDT:- Oh, and lastly, you wouldn't understand sarcasm if your life depended upon it.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 11-12-2006, 07:24 PM   #47
DarkGothikaAngel

i never said slipknot is goth. you are merely twisting my words.i do NOT own a miniskirt.let alone shorts. She came to school in a miniskirt. you got to read more closely. i am not an attention whore. i try to avoid most of the preps at my school.actually everybody. me and one other person is goth and not this bitch hart. and i do not care what other people think. i was describing what she was doing. not me. do you think being an attention whore is goth? i almost beat the shit out of her. you really need to calm down. i am not doing anything wrong.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:30 PM   #48
Godslayer Jillian

Haha, I don't know why you keep telling me to calm down. I actually want to tell you the same.
Just chill. There's no reason to type so quickly that your post will be full of mistakes.
But then I don't get you:
-You say she was dressed in that miniskirt and she said that was not goth. If she admits it's not goth, why does it piss you off?

-If you do not care what other people think, why did you join a community?

-And why do I need to calm down when you admitted you almost (quote) "Beat the shit" (un-quote) out of a woman.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 11-12-2006, 07:41 PM   #49
DarkGothikaAngel

i am somewhat sorry. because it is pointless to feud over something like this.
the first thing you typed:i told her that she was not goth. she told me whatever.very preepy-like.it pissed me off because i don't like wanna-bes. the make me sick. it is okay to hear other peoples opinions.
i never actually hit her. but i wanted to. instead it went in my basement and practed my kick boxing and pretended that was Hart. i do not react to the way i feel about her. because there have been fights at my school. many people have gotten arrested and expelled at my school. but i would never hurt anybody else.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:10 PM   #50
insertwittyname

-.- The only good emo is my Emo Nemos. My little baby clown fish pair with orange faces and black bodies, so cute!

DGA-slow down. Capitalize, 2 spaces before starting another sentence, I'm having difficulty reading. Also you have made a no-no with Jillian, he is having fun with you now and is beating the crap out of your argument.