Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 11-04-2005, 10:36 AM   #76
polished_wolf_claws

I'm getting myself a silk screen..... I want some funky shirt slogans that places wont make.....

Hmmm...... that gives me an Idea....

"Teh Lordz Satan Protektz me frm ebil in mah PANTS!!!!!11111"
polished_wolf_claws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:43 AM   #77
NyQuil of Doom

Heh... I haven't made any truly offensive shirts yet, but I've got some funny ones.

My favourite one that I made says "I survived the Apocalypse and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."

I also have one that says "I taste of death. Bite me."
Old 11-04-2005, 12:54 PM   #78
Soul_Immortal

Walked into Hot Topic yesterday...then I walked right back out. I had my youngest daughter in tow with her in her stroller.

I get the most batty and "WTF is a mom doing here?" eyes ever...

My glare and smirk back merely stated "Look, say a word about my daughter or myself being in here and I will tear the LeBrae from your face and piss in the wound!"

A moment or so later, I left. NOT having bought anything. What? No skank is going to make a good commission by selling to me...I would have bought a few hair clips and Pin-Up journals...the hag.

UPDATE: Going back ....soon...Muahahaha!
Old 11-04-2005, 05:33 PM   #79
Circle V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anousenka
If only they'd start importing Gothic and L o l i t a Bibles!!! (why does it put little stars on l o l i t a ???) That would save me about 5 dollars in shipping every season
I'm certain I saw a Gothic Bible in a Hot Topic somewhere-- in Texas, I think. I was close to buying it, but at that point I didn't consider myself a Goth (or consider considering myself a Goth, or whatever the hell it is I do now.)
Circle V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 01:32 PM   #80
Circle V

No... I'm certain it was called the Gothic Bible or something to that effect. I'll look up the book you mentioned, though.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:42 PM   #81
soggypicklemuncher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
They're not owned by the gap, hun. They're owned by Hot Topic. They've recently opened another store by the name of Torrid. You can buy their stock-- their little abbreviation is "HOTT". I did a consumer report on them in high school.
I stand corrected. I need to be more careful about presenting things I only heard second-hand as fact, since it really pisses me off when other people do it. I don't even remember where I heard that rumor in the first place.

You only see what you want to believe
When you creep from the back
I got tricks up my sleeve
24/7 the devil's best friend
It makes no difference
It's all the same in the end

-"Same in the End" by Sublime
soggypicklemuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 10:05 AM   #82
Surgeon Méchant De Sang

Location: In some desolate wooded area with the rest of the trailer trash.
Unhappy

First off I'd like to say that you're awfully lucky Spooky_Gurl! My parents most definitely did not give me fifty bucks a week! If I wanted something, that meant I'd have to go out and get a job before I could get it! I don't make that much working where I work!

As for Hot Topic, I really try to make it a point to steer clear of there. (The only things that I've purchased from there were a couple of Bettie Page journals, and maybe one Gothic Beauty, but I honestly haven't been back since. :-| ) I find their clothes, and the accesories sold there to be of poor quality. All I had to do was touch one of the skirts they had there, and it fell apart on me!
I've also noticed that since some Hot Topic stores have opened up here in Misery, we all of a sudden had a huge surge of "goths" and "punks" appear out of nowhere, their favorite haunt being the mall.
Seeing anyone of the goth persuasion around here was pratically rare, to nonexistent - that was, until Hot Topic came in. *gag*

So, in other words, I get a rather uneasy feeling about Hot Topic. *sick expression*
Surgeon Méchant De Sang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 10:26 AM   #83
winged_dreams

This is sort of related. I went into Hot Topic to buy my friend's friend a gift. My friend will pay me back later. The guy at the register asked me if I had a frequent buyers card. I said no. He asked me if I wanted one and I said no. I think I said it in a rather snooby sort of voice. >_<

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 12:12 PM   #84
Soul_Immortal

Use the snooby voice. Own it. If they cannot handle a customer as sweet and sassy as you, they have no place in the retail industry. Now I don't condone treating salespeople as crap, at all. But what I really mean is that no...means no!

Huzzah!
Old 11-10-2005, 02:05 PM   #85
Saturnine

you know, there was a day when i was in love with Hot Topic. i was blonde, and preppy, and trying to be *cool* with this hot guy i met at school.

but i never actually purchased clothing from there. a few Lenore's here and there, Aviators, and a pen. and I believe a journal... oh and back in the beginning some pins for my bag.

but then one day long ago... i woke up and realized the world sucks. and being the same sucks. and being the same but different via a corporation that cares not for the music nor the "scenes", just what they can profit from it sucks. the way that preteen people become "hardcore" on one shopping trip isn't fair. i became cool by being myself. honestly, i copied a bunch of stuff from magazines and mtv and the web, but i melded it into one unique ball of me.

i wouldn't say i was goth if you asked me what i was. im alternative, becuase i dont have a scene defined by media. and im happy anyway. hot topic can try and sell their crappy made over priced stuff and the cool kids can squeal over it all they want. i dont liiiike hot topic becuase what they stand for in their little motto is not at all what they are doing. and the quality is poor. very poor.

i'd rather thirft and stitch my wardrobe, and look just like they do, but be made fun of by them, than buy the clothes they wear from the places they shop. if they really were punk/emo/goth... whatever HT is going for... they wouldn't shop there frequently. if at all.
Saturnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 04:26 PM   #86
CountessBathory

Personally, I'm not about to bash someone from owning things from Hot Topic, shopping at Hot Topic, or even.... well... maybe just a little for actually liking Hot Topic. Some of the nicer goth-shite I own I scowered that store for. It was overpriced, and I hated being in there while they blasted Coheed and Cambria in my face, but oh well.

It's only when someone begins considering themselves "goth" for shopping in Hot Topic does it really begin to bother me. Hot Topic is just as "goth" as Charlotte Russe (which has some very nice, also overpriced, goth pieces now and then). Their long formal black dress section was long ago replaced with throws of Sponge Bob, their vampiric posters long ago replaced by Kurt Cobain shots and various painful bands. If you can get good stuff there, more power to you, but the majority of that place makes me want to release a can of ebola on the whole damned mall.
CountessBathory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 05:03 PM   #87
CountessBathory

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovergirl852004
[QUOTE = well I think that Hot Topic is a cool Store cause I think that people are Gothic Cause they are so depressed that They think that all that surrounds them is Black but I think people should Just Get over It cause I had a Dear Friend that Died Cause a Drunk Driver Killed Him and I Just wanted to Die People should Just try to live without Living in the past Cause you know you will never get over what happened in the passed but you should try to live passed it. cause it took me almost three years to live passed the Fact that my Friend is Dead and Is never Coming Back but I just think about How my friend is up in Heaven watching Over me and I think about How He is watching over My Daughter and I think about How God loves Us and That things Happen for a Reason and People Should Just Face The Facts.I wanted to Committ Suicide but I didn't cause I was thinking about all my love ones that would miss me.
*rubs head*

Why are you here?

And how does your long poorly punctuated story relate to Hot Topic.... besides the fact that "Hot Topic is a cool Store cause I think that people are Gothic Cause they are so depressed"?
CountessBathory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 09:38 PM   #88
readmycomics

Goth's become a fashion style just like wiggerism, techno, the preppy look, its just a phase some teenagers go through. When you see say a twenty six year old wearing shirts from arthouse horror movies and enough metal to be declared a terrorist threat at an airport, then you've got yourself a full fledged goth.
readmycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 05:51 PM   #89
SisSeb

Hi

Holly crap do u really have a problem with kides who go to school and dress like goths and punks holly crap you have some freking weird problems if u have a problem with us come find us we will tell u strainght
SisSeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 05:54 PM   #90
SisSeb

holly crap i do see 16 year olds waling around like this
like gothic and shit
SisSeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 07:48 PM   #91
Circle V

I'll revise my earlier advice.

Don't ever say "like" unless it contributes to the meaning of the sentence. It makes you sound like a valley girl otherwise.

Further, don't EVER say "...and shit." Not only is it lazy since it keeps you from actually having to describe what the shit is, it makes you sound like a rapper-- and not in a good way. If there is one.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:07 PM   #92
Circle V

(Dammit, couldn't edit my post in time.)

It's spelled "holy," by the way. "Holly" is a prickly, berry-producing plant.

readmycomics:

I don't agree that all teenagers who call themselves Goths aren't serious about the culture. Most aren't, certainly, and some of those who are grow bored with it, but it isn't possible that none of them stay interested-- otherwise, where would the "real," older Goths come from?

As for the statement that any twenty-six-year-old wearing lots of metal and art-house horror movie shirts is certainly a true Goth... even someone in their twenties who dresses like a Goth could be totally ignorant of the music, beliefs, and history that go with the image. Age doesn't always equal wisdom, after all, and appearance is the least important part of the true Goth culture. Besides, not all Goths like metal and horror movies, and a few non-Goths do.

I'm sure you understand this; I just wanted to make a point.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:48 PM   #93
readmycomics

I'm a wigger, so no. No I don't understand.
readmycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 04:35 PM   #94
Circle V

In that case, replace "Goth" with "wigger" and "art-house horror movies" with... whatever.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:39 PM   #95
tenet_2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by readmycomics
I'm a wigger, so no. No I don't understand.
I think you took a right when you should have taken a left.

Oh wait, you just wanted to push that crappy website on us.

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 02:30 AM   #96
thetiesonyourcorset

i'd never be able to make my own stuff,i wish though!! do hot topic have a website? i've heard of it but never seen it,is there a hot topic in the uk?
thetiesonyourcorset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 05:32 AM   #97
thetiesonyourcorset

thanks! we'll just have to see...and see if they send stuff to uk!!
Old 11-17-2005, 05:36 AM   #98
thetiesonyourcorset

and they do,do international so that's ok...
Old 11-17-2005, 08:34 AM   #99
Soul_Immortal

Hot Topic is fine and dandy, sexy with alot of the shoes and bustier sets, but...

....if I can find the same thing at WalMart at a lower price, guess where I am buying it from?! =)
Old 11-21-2005, 03:38 PM   #100
needsagrave

Personally, I like the fact that it's one of the only places I can get Johnny Depp shirts, without having to order online <3 .. and I like some of the stuff there. I have absolutely no talent in making my own clothes. I don't only shop there, though..
needsagrave is offline   Reply With Quote