Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 07-30-2007, 01:48 PM   #101
LiUsAiDh

I never had any trouble walking in 4inch heels or anything... but I always stub my toes/soles o_0 in platforms. I also (being 14 well 15 very soon XD) still managed to persuade my senior nursing manager mum to get me them. *sits with self satisfied grin on large armchair *

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 06:37 AM   #102
chelseagirl

lol, here's my boots that prevented me from getting into a concert. I finally got the transmuter plates that I wanted, and I was so excited to finally wear them. I rushed to put them on before leaving for the concert, but when I got there, they told me that "all spikes and studs are banned". I had to track down someone with a screwdriver and take them off just to get in. Also, they wouldn't let me carry my purse in because it had some studs on it. Lame.

Old 08-02-2007, 07:49 AM   #103
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I love those boots.

It's a shame you had to remove the spikes.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 04:35 PM   #104
Mrs_Valo

those boots r hot
Mrs_Valo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:32 AM   #105
Heatherzilla

Those are some awesome boots chelseagirl. Whenever I have money I'm going to buy myself a new pair of boots, hopefully this time I'll be smart enough to buy a pair with zippers or at least buckles instead of laces. I spend far too much time putting them on every morning and my school has some weird rule that we're not allowed to wear our shoes in meeting.
Heatherzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:48 AM   #106
chelseagirl

Thanks! I hate lacing boots up too. It is possible though, to take boots to a shoe repair place and they can put zippers in for you.

Crying: Thankfully, they are made to be removable and replacable with other panels, so I was able to put them right back on after leaving the show.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:58 AM   #107
plum phlogiston

I'd say by the sizes listed they lady-boots.....not that that should stop anyone!

On the subject of platforms, I been wearing them since my first pair of Swear boots ten years ago...my boyfriend keeps trying to ban me from them as I have managed to break an ankle and also split my entire knee open to the bone on a kerb as a direct result of wearing platforms (lovely scar, lovely scar) and only one of those was beer related...but to no avail; I am short and am mad with the platform power. Just hope they do platform zimmer-frames for when I old and decrepid....love the thought of platform clad grannies....
plum phlogiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:40 PM   #108
lickman

boot spikes

Hi Cheasigirl sorry to hear the clubs wont let you in with those cool spikes
but can you imagine if you ever kicked someone with them acidently or on purpose . you must have still got lots of compliments on those sexy boots liman
lickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:21 AM   #109
chelseagirl

Lickman: You know, I've NEVER been told I couldn't wear them at a club, it was just that stupid pavillion place.

I just bought these boots from Pennangalan, but in matte black leather instead of patent.

http://www.pennangalan.co.uk/boots/FW84.php

I'm devastated to find that my stupid calves are too big for them! *cries* If anyone here may be interested in buying them, let me know. I hate returning boots to Pennangalan because it costs like $40.00 just to send them back, lol! They are a UK8, which fits a US women's 9-9.5. I'm going to re-order them from Pennangalan, but I'm going to have to pay the extra $100.00 charge to have them "made to measure".
Old 09-11-2007, 02:18 PM   #110
emma o

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseagirl
I'm devastated to find that my stupid calves are too big for them! *cries* If anyone here may be interested in buying them, let me know. I hate returning boots to Pennangalan because it costs like $40.00 just to send them back, lol! They are a UK8, which fits a US women's 9-9.5. I'm going to re-order them from Pennangalan, but I'm going to have to pay the extra $100.00 charge to have them "made to measure".
I have the same problem with my calves, almost all boots are too tight. But I didn't know they do "made to measure" in Pennangalan! Is that really so? *HAPPY*
emma o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:53 PM   #111
Miss Cogs

I actually walked around in my school in my 5'' platfrom boots today. This school has 4 floors, mind you. They are actually really easy to walk in. Everyone asks me, " Doesn't that hurt to walk in? " I always say no, they are just like a really tall flat shoe.
Miss Cogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:15 PM   #112
chelseagirl

Well, these aren't acutally platform boots, so I'm going a bit off topic...but they are platform shoes. These were just added to New Rock's catalog, and I'm in LOVE with them! I must buy them.

http://www.newrockstore.com/zona3/ca...roducts_id=399
Old 09-12-2007, 03:47 PM   #113
thedoll

jeez, I wish I had extra money! I am in love with so many shoes

I'd like to do more than survive, I'd like to rub it in your face. -The Dresden Dolls
thedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:52 PM   #114
DefinedRapture

glee, I love boots. I wear them more than being barefooted. Mocmortains are awesome though, like demonias. I got a 20$ discounted pair of knee highs though, and the heels just flopped off after a few days of over-wearing them. I took them to a shoe repair, and theyre like "Nope, cant fix them." I was so mad. I loved those lil guys.
DefinedRapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:17 AM   #115
lickman

5 in boot soles

HI ms cogs those 5 in plats sound awesome can you post a photo

you must of got a lot of complments on those not to mention some stares is this true thx lickman
lickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:32 AM   #116
Saddiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefinedRapture
Mocmortains are awesome though, like demonias.
Demonias are junk.... but I'm sure you already knew that:
Quote:
I got a 20$ discounted pair of knee highs though, and the heels just flopped off after a few days of over-wearing them.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:56 PM   #117
bleedingheart344

I don't see what's so bad about Demonias. All three pairs of boots I own are Demonias. One pair still existing after running two miles in them, among other things. Guess I lucked out and got the good ones.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:07 PM   #118
Saddiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingheart344
I don't see what's so bad about Demonias. All three pairs of boots I own are Demonias. One pair still existing after running two miles in them, among other things. Guess I lucked out and got the good ones.
They're made from cheap materials. I own roughly 8 pairs. Most are in dire need of repair, or have been decommissioned all together.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:55 PM   #119
DefinedRapture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddiction
Demonias are junk.... but I'm sure you already knew that:
No!! I'm so horrible. I put a bad name to demonia. My knee-high boots that turned into "flipflops" were in fact "Kaya" Boots, from Godzooks(I just checked to be sure). I didn't notice how i made them sound like demonia boots till just now.. So sorry! I should have been more careful.
urg.

Personally, I find that the demonia regular black-boot works really well. Theyre really nice quality, snug, and look just flippin awesome. *shrugs* Sorry for the mix up.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:03 PM   #120
Saddiction

Quote:
No!! I'm so horrible. I put a bad name to demonia. So sorry! I should have been more careful.
urg.
You did not put a bad name to Demonia. It's already a well established fact.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:18 PM   #121
DefinedRapture

Quote:
You did not put a bad name to Demonia. It's already a well established fact.
Yes, you may think that.. but I still love my boots regardless, and think theyre the best kind of boot Ive tried so far.
Anarcicts (spelling*) They are Horrible boots. My ex had them for 6 months and everything just went down hill for that poor boot. Shame. 80$ shoes, not worth it in the long run.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:28 PM   #122
Saddiction

If you like them, that's fine. That still doesn't change the fact that they're junk. I own many pairs (roughly 8 or so), and none of them hold up to my New Rocks.

Sure they are pretty to look at, but in the long run, they will no doubt fall apart (unless you only wear them occasionaly).
Old 09-26-2007, 02:07 PM   #123
DefinedRapture

Quote:
and none of them hold up to my New Rocks.
I've never even heard of New Rocks.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:08 PM   #124
Saddiction

Quote:
I've never even heard of New Rocks.
How unfortunate.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:31 PM   #125
XxZanexX

Does anyone know of some low-top platform boots? Like, if that even makes sense. Like, ones that have all the buckles and hardware of your usual boots and are nice and high but don't necessarily go very far up the leg?

I really like the looks of most boots but I'm a chubby (read:fat) kid and have problems with boots that aren't well-made for larger calves.

Edit: Wow . . . I say "like" way more than I should.

Edit 2: PS: American stores would be preferred.
XxZanexX is offline   Reply With Quote