Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:19 AM   #51
chelseagirl

To the OP: I have two full sleeves. By FAR, the most painful spots were my elbows. It also sucks even more that the ink on the elbows tends to have to be touched up a couple times. I had my elbows touched up 3 or 4 times each before the color was really good on them. Following that, the next most painful spots were near my underarms, and the inside of the elbow...that crease where your arm bends (appropriately knicknamed "the pit" by tattoo artists).

It's worth it though. The pain makes you value your tattoos much more than if it was painless, you know?
Old 07-20-2007, 10:10 AM   #52
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureExGirlfriend
I dont know about the sleeve thing because the only tattoo i have is homemade and i used ink and a razor blade to do that.
Lolyouredumb.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 08:26 PM   #53
Alaizabel Cray

When I'm 17, my mom is taking me to get my first tattoo, Tinkerbell on the inside of my left arm in memory of my sister. She was a Peter Pan fanatic, never wanted to grow up, and she really loved Tink's attitude. I haven't decided on the exact picture I want done, but I found a nice one (it's saved to another computer otherwise I'd try and post it here) that's just Tink sitting down and laughing, this huge belly laugh. She's got one hand holding her stomach and the other is just up in the air in this sort of "oh my god" gesture. Definitely made me think of Allison.

I'd like a pair of wings on my back someday as well, although I'm not quite decided between bat wings or more angel-like ones. I'm also entertaining the thought of an eye of horus on my neck, just below the hairline.

And then piercings... I have 5 total now: 2 in my right lobe, 3 in the left. I know surface piercings can go terribly wrong even if they're done right (and of course they always reject at some point down the road) so I'm hesitant to really think seriously about them, but I'd like a sternum and perhaps a double nape (with the bottom bar being slightly longer than the one above it, you know?). It'd be years before I'd get any of these, my parents would never let me while I'm still living with them, so I've got time to think I guess. Anyone here ever done surface piercings? How'd it turn out? I've read stories on BME, but it just seems more real coming from people I sort of "know".
Old 07-23-2007, 05:59 PM   #54
MotherofMercies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
The spine hurts like hell, too. Both of my tattoos are on my spine, and it fucking sucked getting them.
Mine hurt like a fucking a bitch too, though it was worth it.
MotherofMercies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 06:10 PM   #55
Lapin

My tattoo is on the inside of my right wrist. There's a ton of religious and familial symbolism behind it.

I have a scar on my left eyebrow now from where my piercing got infected and had to be removed. I think it gives my face a bit more character.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:25 PM   #56
Rae Ven Rae

I want a belly piercing (when my tummy flattens -- but everyone assumes a girl who has one of those dances on a pole...)
Rae Ven Rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:32 PM   #57
Solumina

Not true! At least I hope not as my mother keeps trying to convince me to get one, hopefully this isn't a subtle hint that she thinks I should change my name to Kandie and become a stripper
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:47 PM   #58
Rae Ven Rae

LOL...I think they are kewl as crap and the belly jewelry I see is just hot! Ah who cares what people think....I will get one to celebrate losing the weight when I get there -- what they hell...I can always take it out in certain situations, right...?
Old 07-23-2007, 07:56 PM   #59
Solumina

Make sure you post pics when you do
-Carbon Leaf
Old 07-23-2007, 07:58 PM   #60
Rae Ven Rae

Plan on it -- I am so looking forward to it -- hear it hurts like a bitch though...
Old 07-23-2007, 08:00 PM   #61
Solumina

I've heard that it is more like an ache as it heals than just a pain when you get it done but hey beauty is pain right?
-Carbon Leaf
Old 07-23-2007, 08:01 PM   #62
Rae Ven Rae

yes, but why lord - -whyyyyyyyyyy???

*sobs*
Old 07-23-2007, 09:04 PM   #63
Lapin

(snorts) My belly button is pierced. It doesn't hurt a bit. Almost like getting blood drawn. It kind of itches afterward though.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:38 PM   #64
MotherofMercies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae Ven Rae
LOL...I think they are kewl as crap and the belly jewelry I see is just hot! Ah who cares what people think....I will get one to celebrate losing the weight when I get there -- what they hell...I can always take it out in certain situations, right...?
I got mine done when i lost 10 kilos.... still got a bit of fat though

Oh well. I look belly button piercings, because you can hide it when you want to, unlike most faciel piercings.
MotherofMercies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:41 AM   #65
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseagirl
and the inside of the elbow...that crease where your arm bends (appropriately knicknamed "the pit" by tattoo artists).
I didn't find that area too bad actually, the one on my inner left forearm starts just there , the tattooist was a bit surprised . I always seem to find the outer edges of designs more painful for some reason. I don't bleed much either. Oh my gods I'm DEAD!!!!!
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:49 AM   #66
honeythorn

Actually while I am thinking about tattoos, I am torn between a unicorn on my left shoulderblade ( to compliment the dragon on my right ) or a single mechanical angel wing. Hmmmm decisions decisions.....
Old 07-26-2007, 07:45 PM   #67
TopHaggardDoll

Getting my septum pierced was the most HORRIBLE pain EVER!!!!!! That piercing is staying with my for the rest of my life, I don't care...I went through too much to get it.

I got my tattoo on June 8th of this year, most people...for a first tattoo...you know...just get a little one...to start off. Not me! I got a portrait of Hannibal Lecter from the front cover of Hannibal on my Shoulder blade. See, I was fine...sitting there....was just a tingly buzz. Then after an hour it REALLY started to hurt because my tattooist had done the black and grey shading...and over all the initial scraping pain he had to fill in the colour! SO MUCH SCRAPING!

It was so worth it though!

Honeythorn: I would say the unicorn, a single mechanical wing would look well random. maybe you could have a biomechanical tattoo somwhere else if you enjoy that sort of imagery. Unless you get biomechanical unicorn...I dunno, lol.

x
Old 07-27-2007, 02:27 AM   #68
Heatherzilla

My friend might be getting her first tattoo in about a week, I can't believe her mum is actually letting her. Hell her mum is the one supplying the fake Id. I think I'd rather wait until I'm 18 and I'm completely sure of what I want and even then I'd want it to be something I could hide if I wanted to. Too many people these days tend to discriminate against people because of their tattoos/piercings.
Heatherzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:58 AM   #69
maggot

Her mom is signing papers giving parental consent, not supplying a fake ID. =_=
Old 07-27-2007, 09:24 AM   #70
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatherzilla
Too many people these days tend to discriminate against people because of their tattoos/piercings.
True, but it's getting MUCH better.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:15 AM   #71
emma o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaizabel Cray
Anyone here ever done surface piercings? How'd it turn out? I've read stories on BME, but it just seems more real coming from people I sort of "know".
I have lots of piercings, some of them are done with a surface bars ( they locate in my arm). They are well healed and overall I haven't had any problems with them.
emma o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:30 AM   #72
Saddiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
True, but it's getting MUCH better.
I agree, though I will not wear short sleeved shirts at work, I see the occasional white collar worker who does, exposing their ink.

A co-worker of mine has a beautiful back piece (covers his entire back and wraps around to his chest) but is sooo paranoid that he will risk his position if people find out.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:36 AM   #73
honeythorn

I still cannot get the back of why tattoos are seen as such a problem by some people. I fail to grasp how having some ink under your skin makes you appear unprofessional. If someone was refused a position due to having a large visible scar ( from an accident or suchlike ) on their face or arms for example, it would be considered prejudice and wrong. Why is it not the same when someone is refused for having a tattoo?
Old 07-27-2007, 10:40 AM   #74
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
I still cannot get the back of why tattoos are seen as such a problem by some people. I fail to grasp how having some ink under your skin makes you appear unprofessional. If someone was refused a position due to having a large visible scar ( from an accident or suchlike ) on their face or arms for example, it would be considered prejudice and wrong. Why is it not the same when someone is refused for having a tattoo?
Because tattoos used to be for sailors, criminals, and whores. Decent people did not get tattoos. That's different now, but it's hard to let go of it.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:45 AM   #75
chelseagirl

Also, some very popular religions see tattoos as a "sin".