Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:33 AM   #76
Opteron_Man

Interesting story Spoon. Way to go!
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 08:59 AM   #77
Xombie

...All the time. I'm too colorful, my hair is too wild, I wear "hooker boots," my skirts are too short, my makeup is too obvious, and my scarves don't match my outfit. Yeah, okay. I care and all.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 05:38 PM   #78
strange_pleasure

Ugh, the horrors of high school....well it wans't all bad but yeah, alot of kids there were really cruel to my group of friends. Mostly, it was the girls-the boys just thought we were crazy :P

Since I work in a pharmacy for a Catholic organaztion, my look is very toned down. We have a dress code that pretty much states khakis, shirt/sweater and nice shoes. Very bland, but hey, you've got to pay the bills somehow. Sure is a far cry from the days of working midnights @ the gas station, blasting KMFDM and having a different haircolor every week!

My friends always compliment me and they will tolerate being dragged along to the clubs every once in awhile but other than that people don't say anything about the way I dress now.

If you are in school now and people are giving you shit, I know it's hard to ignore it but keep having the courage to do whatever makes you happy!! If that means wearing boots and stripey socks with your dress one day and jeans and a hoodie the next day then so be it.
strange_pleasure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 06:49 PM   #79
Stormtrooper of Death

Yes they do, and then I punch them in the face or give em the good old Sid Vicious sneer. :] Only kidding, I don't fight too much. Actually most kids in my school tend to move farther away from me in the hall, unless I know them.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:59 PM   #80
ZyklonB

Not really. Unless I'm wearing a pair of some knee high boots. then i get the whole, "ZOMG Terminator" comments.
ZyklonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 12:17 AM   #81
CandyKorns

I've never really had anyone pick on me but my brother told me his friend asked him if I "Would be slaughtering goats at the alter this Christmas?".
WTF? I know! That's hilarious and somewhat crazy.
CandyKorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:00 PM   #82
Darklight689

I hear stuff about it alot but mostly from people who already know me. its rather annoying but i dont care i get positive comments too since i prefer and dark/seductive look. Mostly if its not complament its a glare most people are too afraid to make mention of it. ive been told im pretty intimidating but when a bum tells you that you have the eyes of a hitman i would assume thats intimidating, no?
Darklight689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:40 PM   #83
AngelikDemonik

No one has ever made fun of the way I look to my face. I usually get compliments on my make-up, my hair, or the tights I wear.

I have been mistaken for a hooker on a night out to the club, though. That was interesting.

If someone did talk shit to my face, I would commence curb-stomping promptly.

Actually, I forgot...a little boy that was walking past me and my ex boyfriend pointed at us, in which my asshole ex hissed at him, and scared the poor child.
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:46 PM   #84
Darklight689

haha lol that is awesome. cant say ive ever hissed at anyone. i have slapped a guy in the mouth in front of all his friends for insulting my gf. (i hit very very hard hes lucky he moved and caught my finger tips would have dislocated his jaw) kung fu slap XD
Old 01-04-2008, 04:02 PM   #85
Gothic.Jade...

Im still in high school so, I get taken piss out of 24/7 Everyone in my class takes the piss, well apart from my 2 friends =| Ah well, I dont give a shit i dunno why they do it, Its not like it bothers me or anything! Well i really don't care im different im not the same as everyone else! And im proud that im a goth! And im not gonna change for anyone =]
Gothic.Jade... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:09 PM   #86
Godslayer Jillian

Puh-leeze.
Word of advice to anyone that has been made fun of for the way they look:
If you dress in a way that causes mockery, you're doing it wrong! Good goths look different, but no one can say they look bad.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:29 PM   #87
Darklight689

lol only thing i get heat for are my boots other then that i believe sexy is the term. though ive been told i look like a psycho killer and some jests about that. i dont get much negative feedback, only glares or "looks" for being different.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:38 PM   #88
MirrorsAndMonoxide

People often make dominatrix or Spice Girls jokes about my boots.

http://i15.tinypic.com/8fvqame.jpg
MirrorsAndMonoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:11 AM   #89
Minyaliel

I'm used to the stares. I've had a few interesting insults, but really, I usually end up laughing out loud when people try to insult me. I just find it too amusing. But really, usually I get told that I've got a great sense of style. My grandmother told me that I was a real lady in dress, carriage and behaviour. (That's the greatest compliment I've ever recieved, seriously.) I live in a small town infested with Emos, and people always mistake me for one because goth just doesn't exist here. I've had a small kid point me out to his mate: "Hey, look at that emo, dude..." and teens have been singing the emo song to me when I've walked along the pavement. Which only resulted in that I had a major laugh attack and had to lean against a lamp post so that I wouldn't fall over while crying with laughter and soil my velvet jacket.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:43 AM   #90
Crying_Crimson_Tears

People tell me it's not Halloween all the time.

I just laugh it off and tell them Halloween is 365 days a year and they just missed the memo.

I'm used to it by now. People are used to things that are different. They don't understand why we all just can't dress and act alike. Yeah, it's a pain sometimes, but I like the way I dress and I have no plans on compromising myself to their needs and wants.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:05 AM   #91
Darklight689

i know how that is Minyaliel i get called emo alot its annoying but i dont find it insulting i find it more ignorace on their part or stupidity. most people dont know what goth is i find goth is pretty much a dying breed not many of them are around anymore. it shows in the stores i havnt found many goth stores in the usa anyways that sell alot of stuff for guys.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:08 AM   #92
ForgetThisLostLenore

I don't really get too much about the way I dress. Or I'm oblivious to the insults, which is more likely. My mom says I get stared at all the time in stores, but I usually just walk along my normal way. The most I get to my face is the constant exorcisms by a couple guys in a couple classes.
ForgetThisLostLenore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:27 AM   #93
Torrey Pine

no, i didnn dress up en spooky clothes for me mirror fetish, e only wear levis and long natural hair, el natural frm seattle, u spooky kook, grow up...
Torrey Pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:30 PM   #94
Darklight689

spookyness is fun though but alot of kids today do it wrong and shoot past spooky and hit in the area that screams attention whore. i like the spooky look but its better done dark and sensual unless you want to deck yourself out in bondage (always sexy) if you do it right you can make even simple stuff appear dark. i do want to get a trench coat however i know its kind of cliche but whatever i like the "cape" effect i get when i walk ;p. its like....swiiiiiiiiishhhhh
Old 01-05-2008, 04:30 PM   #95
kimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklight689
i do want to get a trench coat however i know its kind of cliche but whatever i like the "cape" effect i get when i walk ;p. its like....swiiiiiiiiishhhhh

I want a trench coat sooo bad, But all the ones I've found have ugly fur trim everywhere...>
The "swiiiiiiiiishhhhh" is the best part .
kimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:25 PM   #96
Torrey Pine

da yong dumb spook look is ovrdone, its lik yur 12 yrs old and u think yur a trend set 'er, but yur jus't a little yung adult, on 20 yrs, you'll be laughing at yur self,,,i dressed lik a fag goon, ee, wus so im'mature, i glad i grew up,,,,stupid fool....i wus, whin i wus in my baby teens, gothic system grl, wher is me mommy, whin i need u yur help, trendie hip hop gal, to &fro, now emm a gathic kook daddy...
Old 01-06-2008, 05:30 PM   #97
dark_dragon_of_ice

Obvious troll is obvious.
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:36 PM   #98
Torrey Pine

ee, aint nee troll freek, u troller yur' self, we u hassel mee, kook...u baby goth wanna'''be heavy--weight darkness garthic weirdo, me yu bst friend on dis forum,,,,,oh dark one.....lit me troll u noww....
Old 01-06-2008, 05:39 PM   #99
dark_dragon_of_ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_dragon_of_ice
Obvious troll is obvious.
Still holds true.
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:44 PM   #100
Torrey Pine

leeeet, me troll uuuu, now all thee time...

me are troll, u my new victim kook little kid.....dress up haloweenn babvy childd...