Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

View Poll Results: How do you deal with 'em?
shave? 14 10.61%
wax? 15 11.36%
pluck? 100 75.76%
electrolysis? 3 2.27%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2005, 08:44 PM   #76
Raven SilverWolf

thats fine, but if you ever plan on stopping that shaving of every other day, it wont be pretty.
Raven SilverWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 10:06 PM   #77
winged_dreams

I used to shave my arms but I stopped. Got lazy. Luckily my arms aren't very hairy at all. And I don't do anything to my eyebrows anymore. It hurts too much to pluck and I can't wax them myself.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 07:39 PM   #78
Jane13

I shaved my arms once.. the hair grew back and I will never do it again 0.0
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 08:30 PM   #79
Kali Maxwell

If you're going to shave your arms, you have to do it on a regular basis. You can't be a lazy bastard like me and let it have free reign for four days. I don't even think about it, then I get snuggly, and I can feel my own arm stubble when my fiance's hand goes over it. *shudders* I think I'm just going to stop doing it.

I personally leave my brows alone, except for a little shaping. They're one of the few things I feel I've got going for me.
Kali Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 05:19 PM   #80
TheRaven13

I've never shaved my arms. Never really thought about it either.

I don't really touch my brows, excluding once in a great while. When I do mess with them, I usaully am just plucking a few hairs.
TheRaven13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 06:30 PM   #81
cyberJade

HA-HA!! ...When eyebrows go wrong. Those fake, sharpied eye brows are not flattering. More like embarrassing.
cyberJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 04:50 PM   #82
Black Gestalt

I just sometimes shave so I don't have any unibrow. Thats it.
Black Gestalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 05:01 PM   #83
NoneSuch

I only shave the middle bit because I hate unibrows , those fake eyebrows are just horrible too many people want the china doll look .
NoneSuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 01:42 PM   #84
magic_mushroom

I used to just pluck my eyebrows when I still had my natural kind of blonde hair. But when I coloured it black my blonde eyebrows looked kind of stupid so I started to use an eyebrow pencil to colour them, but it didn't look that good.

Recently I've started to shave my eyebrows completely and draw them on. Usually I use a kind of brown/black pencil, depending on hair colour I have also used blue and purple. I think I've become quite good at drawing them myself. It's fun to be able to shape them anyway I want to.
magic_mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 02:42 PM   #85
Empty_Purple_Stars

Perfect Brows ~ Fast and Easy

I have a brow 'tip' I have been meaning to impart since last year..

My mom owns her own cosmetic company, and has her own line of skin care and Hollistic cosmetics..

She even wrote a book and produced 2 videos on basic make-up application.

I learned how to do the BEST, most long-lasting/perfect brows, from her.

It's simple, fast and easy..

Tools needed:

1 angle tip brush. Preferable with a nylon tip. You are only going to use it on your brows, so it doesn't have to be soft. Some companies make a " Brow Brush " specifically for this purpose.

1 pan of shadow the color you are wanting to make your brows.

Just remember, the darker you go, depending on your hair color and clothing, the more dramatic the effect will be. If you are wanting a more natural, softer look, choose a color only a shade or so darker than your natural brow or hair color..

Now when you are ready, get in front of your mirror, and pat lightly( Do not Drag ) with the brush into the eyeshadow a couple of times.

Now with the smallest part of the brush, pointing down, make short, hair-like strokes starting at the beginning of your eyebrows. The strokes should be short and 'hair-like' so that they mimic the hairs shape and growth direction on your brows. So from tip to tip you should make quite a few little hair like strokes before you reach the end.

If you need more eyeshadow before you are done, just pat a couple of more times into the pan.

You can also lengthen your brows at the end, by taking the fathest tip out just a little more, with short feathery strokes.

The key to good natural brows, is the light way in which it is applied. Thats why the short, hair-like strokes are so important.

For a more intense brow, for clubbing or whatnot, go with an eyeshadow a bit darker, and apply a bit more at the begginning of the brow, and start tapering off a bit at the arch of the brow. Then lengthen the natural end of the brow a bit.

Applying shadow to your brows properly, will last until you wash your makeup off at night.. Or the next morning.. ( Haha)

A tube of clear mascara, will set your work nicely. Clear Mascara also always you to sweep all of your brow hairs up a bit, and keep them that way, for when you are wanting a fuller look to your brows. Since its clear, you can't tell it is there, and it doesnt clump if you apply it lightly.

The most important parts remember, are your Brush and your natural strokes.

Remember to follow the direction and length of the brow hairs with your brush. Change your stroke as you go along the arch, to follow its contour.

The more you do this, the more natural it will begin to feel, and look.

Ladies and ( Guys that wear make-up ) if you have the money at some point to invest in a set of GOOD brushes, do so..

The quality of your brushes, plays a HUGE part in how your make-up application looks. My brushes are Sable, but I got the hook-up from my mom, otherwise my broke ass wouldnt be able to afford them. If you can't afford a bunch of good brushes at once, buy them one a time. Catch them on sale.

Sally Beauty Supply sells some quasi-decent ones, if you cant afford much right now.

It should be noted that if you shave your brows, or OVER pluck them, eventually they will not EVER grow back. And in 30 years, you may wish you had eyebrows. My mom overplucked hers in the sixties, and now without makeup on, you cant even tell she has any.

Just a little tip..

Oh and when you are buying that Nylon Brow Brush for your brows, buy a soft haired Angle Tip Brush for your eyes..

And come back and ask me about my UBER LONG LASTING eyeliner/eyeshadow trick from Mom again, of course..

I'll give you guys all of the gory details..

And if you are ever in Portland and you need a free make-up app, look me up..

Happy Brow Painting...

Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 02:02 AM   #86
Aeternus

I pluck my eyebrows. And I also dye them, dark brown is the key.

It would be really annoying to draw braws back on every morning. Even just shading is tedious. I dye and pluck my eyebrows once in a while and everything is perfect.
Aeternus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 07:31 PM   #87
Jakadi

I pluck them but yet they are un-even.I have ADHD,so I have the attention span of a gold fish.So..I'll pluck my left one..then I get bored with it when Im done with that one and will pluck about 2 hairs out of the other.Im so sad..
Jakadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 12:50 PM   #88
Spooky_Gurl

I wax and pluck. My dad shaves his and it grows back and it looks like a caterpiller! sry u didnt need to no. lol. anyway. y do you ask...is it just a q.? or does it go farther?
Spooky_Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 02:24 PM   #89
(-$|N-)

Should a guy do anything with his brows?
(-$|N-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 02:27 PM   #90
Star of Blight

Depends on the guy.
Star of Blight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 02:45 PM   #91
(-$|N-)

If I had a digi cam or a web cam I would take a picture but I forgot to see if i could find one yesterday, that was a resonable price.
(-$|N-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 04:33 PM   #92
eric_the_girl

i'm too lazy to pluck but reluctant to wax cos i was told that the brows slump if you wax them... as for shaving... i fear sharp things....

i kinda like it though cos one of my brows has a kink that makes it look raised where the other one doesn't... so i always look quizzical
eric_the_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 07:21 PM   #93
Infiniitivi

I shave my eyebrows. I've been doing it sense My junior year in highschool. When I first started drawing them on, It looked as if I was in a
constant state of surprise. I had huge arches that in no way looked normal. It was a sad really...
Infiniitivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 10:16 PM   #94
WolfMoon

WOOT

My thread's still goin'!!!

I still pluck BTW!

WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 02:42 PM   #95
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
WOOT

My thread's still goin'!!!

I still pluck BTW!

Of course it is, YOU made it ^.^
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:14 PM   #96
Underwater Ophelia

I shave my eyebrows totally off and then draw them on carefully in swirly designs in a style similar to Amanda Palmer's. At first they looked ridiculous, but I've gotten quite good at it and now they look great.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:55 PM   #97
MoonReaver

I pluck also.. im kinda afraid of waxing/shaving them off In fear that ill draw them on wrong heheone of my friend has eyebrows that look like spider legs >.>
MoonReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:57 AM   #98
Sanctus Dei

Pluck the strays sure.. but shave?? HELL no. I like em' jus where day r.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:18 PM   #99
NecromanticSunshine

I don't pluck, shave, or do anything else to my eyebrows. Kind of like I barely wear makeup. I touch my face too much. If I did the whole shaving of eyebrows and drawing them on, in a matter of 2 hours tops, I'd have rubbed off the draw-ons. That's just how I am. I have pretty nicely shaped Eyebrows naturally with only some stray hairs underneath you can barely see. Not sure how I managed that. Must be biologically blessed. hehe. ^.^
NecromanticSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:14 PM   #100
Underwater Ophelia

I used to touch them a lot but I trained myself out of touching my face after many smeared eyebrows.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote